The online racing simulator
LFS Companion 0.5 Alpha
(166 posts, started )
hey i dont know why, but just only the backfires works here
#27 - Vain
I did a singleplayer practice session against two AIs (just to check wether pitspotter works, and to practice for the ATC GP) today with LFSC.
The only time I recieved a radio-message was when I pitted, then LFSC reported several messages and kept updating. It didn't give out any messages at all until then (~8 laps = 16 minutes). When I rejoined the track from the pits it stopped giving messages. It did correctly react to the numpad-hotkeys, so LFSC was actually listening.
Also, just a minor glitch: When you access the tuning bay LFSC asks you to select a offset-file. If you abort the Open File-dialogue LFSC will just ask again and again until you actually select one. Nothing of any importance, propably just a forgotten feature.
Otherwise great work! At last pitspotter-support!

Vain
Quote :The only time I recieved a radio-message was when I pitted, then LFSC reported several messages and kept updating

Something I forgot to mention is that users of the old version may need to re-update the player who the radio is locked on to as the colour code stripping from names has been fixed, so names may be detected differently now.
Quote :hey i dont know why, but just only the backfires works here

This is probably a similar issue to Vain, LFSC was likely tracking the wrong player (which unfortunately can happen sometimes to the pole sitter ). You can lock it on to the selected player by driving a lap and then going to the config screen and turning off auto-selection.
#29 - Vain
I never locked the username. Does it do that by itself?
Just checked the config file, saw nothing that pointed in that direction.

Vain
Drive a lap, goto the config section and turn off auto updating - it should show your name in brackets. Then click save settings and you're done.
#31 - Vain
The post above was a reponse to
Quote :Something I forgot to mention is that users of the old version may need to re-update the player who the radio is locked on to as the colour code stripping from names has been fixed, so names may be detected differently now.

But the username was at no time fixed and thus LFSC was always reupdating the player who the radio is locked on by itself. Thus that can't be the cause of the problem.

Vain
i run a bat script too and with the one becky wrote...doesent work at all :P my curent one is this:

START LFS.exe
START LFSmomoLeds.exe
echo off

with this one doesent work:

@echo off
cd LFS-Companion
start LFS-Companion.exe
cd ..
start LFSmomoLeds.exe
start LFS.exe /insim=49999
Exit

it sayz that lfs companion & momoleds & lfs are not found. plz search.....
#33 - Jakg
is it in the right directory (ie in the same one as LFS.exe and LFSmomoLeds.exe)
yes, of corse...im not that stupid same directory with the actual script that runs
#35 - Vain
I guess on a typo in the first cd-statement.
It propably doesn't find the folder "LFS-Companion", thus doesn't change directory, thus doesn't find the LFSC-exectuable, then cds to the parent directory above /LFS/ and thus doesn't find MomoLeds or LFS.exe as it isn't seachring in /LFS/ anymore.
If that isn't the problem then please state the exact errors.

Vain
omg, sry for disturbing u guys...im blind this morning (ruf night last night) yes...the companion folder had different name from one in the script...thx vain..sry again for disturbing u with this )). ok..i'm going to try it. sounds very atractive and helpful.
This program works/is great , verry nice backsounds and radiosounds.
It would be nice if it had a female radio voice too.

Quote from Becky Rose :
Changes Planned:

Cop Siren with on/off keyboard control
Indicator Tick Sound

Those are good things that i (and other people) can use for Cops 'n Robbers.

Can you PLEAS make cop radio sounds for Cops 'n Robbers too? (so you can press a button on keyboard or other device to play the sound)

A few examples:

"In persuit with a red XFG, Speed is way over limit"
"Suspect isn't stopping, i might have to use force!"
"Requesting backup!"
"Suspect is at roundabout"
"Suspect crashed"
"My vehicle has been broken"
(dunno how i say that correct in english)
ect..ect...

And for Normal people: (civilain people, that are being chased)

"This is the Police, Stop your vehicle now"
"This is the Police, Stop now or we have to use force"

ect..ect...

I think you need to have some kind of server host to let the other people on the server hear it. And ofcorse you need 2 channels on the server, one for the normal people and one for the cops. Can you pleas make that too?

It would be verry verry verry nice if you would add these things , and I and many Cop 'n Robber players would be verry thankfull too :rally_dri :rolleyes:

Sorry For My Bad english, I hope you understand what i am trying to tell.
Quote :It would be nice if it had a female radio voice too.

At the original time of recording I had tonsilitus so couldn't do the sounds, i've got half a female voice pack recorded but to be honest my voice isn't exactly a song to hear anyway. I'll probably finish the radio mod with Andy's samples before working on any other sound sets.

Quote :Can you PLEAS make cop radio sounds for Cops 'n Robbers too?

Before that I need to make LFSC detect qualifying mode and do radio samples for that, but it is an idea. LFSC could communicate to other people using the mod with text messages or an independant dedicated server to handle the radio, so this is something that would need consultation with the wider CnR community to see what the majority want - but it is too early to be worrying about it now as there is still much to do on this mod first.
#39 - Jakg
whats the "LFS-Companion\pit\Radio\Driver" folder for?
just tested it, it is wonderful becky! keep up the goood work! oh yeah...1 question..what "p4" or "p6 or "p3" that keeps saying? its the position report? if yes its a bit off course....i mean i was on position 6 and him keept sayng p4...p5...p6..p4... illepall
It's extremely difficult to capture a cars position accurately when you are close to other cars, LFS itself struggles with this but add to that some latency in the timing of packets between LFS and LFSC and it can sometimes give the wrong position when you are close to other cars.
#42 - Vain
Try introducing a buffer-system that calculates the most propable position as the arithmetic middle of the calculated positions in the last 15 seconds or something. Or, if you already do that, include a longer timeframe into your calculations. That way you can reduce most of the failure (of course only if the last pass didn't happen 5 seconds before the status report).

Vain
Quote :whats the "LFS-Companion\pit\Radio\Driver" folder for?

Driver messages back to the pits which are played when you toggle information on / off with the keypad.
Very nice! thanks for this one Becky Rose
v0.51 released, see first post for download details.

These are the changes:
  • Stats: Added lap by lap positional chart (templates adjusted to include link)
  • Bug: 360 Series Qualifying timing included the outlap
  • Bug: Mouse clicks where not always registering correctly in sub menus
  • Bug: When cancelling opening of offset file menu mode should be returned to the previous menu
  • Stats: Bar chart showing individual driver lap times in a graphics format
for some reason the tool gets extremely unresponsive once lfs is running (on my machine at least)
.51 seems to be worse in that respect ... it literally takes seconds for it to respond to a mouseclick on any button
Not sure if you're taking suggestions or not Becky, since your to-do list is pretty full, but I thought I'd chime in anyhow.

I'd really love to have 'pit noises' (ie: air ratchet, pit crew chatter, etc) during a pit stop, a "wait, wait" radio message during repairs (maybe hammering in the background), and a "go, go, go!" when the stop is completed. If you need, I'll volunteer to record a few sounds that can be used for these things.

Excellent work so far. I really love this mod and can't wait to see what else you've got in store.
It can't be done at this time CueBall, LFS doesn't just provide no functionality to detect a pitstop, it doesn't even use consistent messages so it's hard to work off those to. I have asked for a pit packet in the insim data so we shall see if Scawen responds, but i've asked for a lot of stuff and never got any of it so I cant promise anything.

That's interesting Shotglass. The menu's are not designed to be the most responsive ever created and that's intentional, they're trying not to hog up any CPU time. However in 0.51 they should (finaly) be fully responsive and my testing here confirmed that. I shall keep trying, but if the worst comes to the worst I will have to up the CPU priority.

One note, if you've been running a replay through at high speed and then switch to LFSC it will be slow to respond whilst it processes a backlog of data that it would normally hear at 1x.

Another important point to mention is if you have just clicked to the LFSC window then it will be reloading all the graphics, after the first click it should be fine until you click into another task. It takes a 'moment' to do this, around 250-300ms at the moment.
Thanks for this app, it really adds alot of life to the game.

Quote from Becky Rose :It can't be done at this time CueBall, LFS doesn't just provide no functionality to detect a pitstop, it doesn't even use consistent messages so it's hard to work off those to. I have asked for a pit packet in the insim data so we shall see if Scawen responds, but i've asked for a lot of stuff and never got any of it so I cant promise anything.

I think there's a way to do it with the track positioning packets, but you'd have to gather the locations of all the pit-entrances/pit-exits for all tracks and either hardcode them or just use them as user-editable settings in a text file (latter is probably best). You can get the trackcode off of insim.

Ultimate would be to have a parseable config file with [trackcode] sections, that way if in the future we get more tracks we can just add the pit-in, pit-out locations.

Something like:

[BLGP]
in=
out=
Realistically this still isn't possible, you could detect a pit stop by when a car is stationary within the pit area, probably easiest defined as a spline altough the KY1 pit would be an awkward git with it's curved pit lane. However you couldn't detect when the stop was about to end, some stops are over in a second because they take no tyres, some take 20 seconds. It's a lot of work to implement this and the reward would be a set of pre-defined pit stop sound effects that do not know when the stop is ending.

LFS Companion 0.5 Alpha
(166 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG