The online racing simulator
LFS Companion 0.5 Alpha
(166 posts, started )
Ger Roady, as you've installed it right on one machine i'm guessing the install is ok on the other machine, so it's likely to be a graphics or sound card driver compatability issue, you could try updating drivers or reinstalling directX (LFSC uses DX7).
Current i use the 5.9 Graphics Driver( 20% performance +) , tried the 6.9 (with complete uninstall old drivers) but still got that error message .

DirectX is 9.0c
No problems with other programms.

Soundcard is Audigy 1 and there is only 1 driver for all audigy modells( as far as i know ) , so ...
CarSound Remixer works ,so i dont think its an sound problem
reinstalling DirectX :yikes:
Companion does not work
HI

i wanne use LFS-Companion, but (!) whenever I'm starting it by the LFS-Companion variante, in the chatbox, every 3 seconds the message:

InSim : Admin password does not match
InSim : packet received before ISI packet

In-game nothing happens. I mean, it's like playing LFS in normal, only that this message pops up every 3 seconds!
I'm not using any other mod, only the normal LFS.

Anyone an idea, what i could do?
Your insim connection has been password protected, but LFSC has not been told what the password is.

Insim uses the same password as the last game you hosted in multiplayer. Either remove the password by briefly hosting a new multiplayer game without a password, or goto the LFSC config screen and enter the same password as your LFS host.
it works
Quote from Becky Rose :Your insim connection has been password protected, but LFSC has not been told what the password is.

Insim uses the same password as the last game you hosted in multiplayer. Either remove the password by briefly hosting a new multiplayer game without a password, or goto the LFSC config screen and enter the same password as your LFS host.

Thank you Becky Rose

works super!!!! nicely done!!!!

I would like to see an uninstall option added, just like every other program should do
Quote from BurnOut69 :I would like to see an uninstall option added, just like every other program should do

just delete the folde youve extracted it to ?
If it was in a different folder than LFS I would do it, but still, thats not how a program should be "uninstalled".
Programs which have uninstallers also have installers, LFSC does not have an installer, it also does not need to be put into your LFS folder.

I'm sorry you dont like the program and wish to be rid of it, but not having an uninstaller is not a failing. Where is LFS' uninstaller?

I usually do put installer/uninstallers into software I write, but I felt in this case it was best to use the LFS method of just extracting to a folder - as this is what users expect of LFS, so they should expect the same thing of LFSC.

Anyway it's only a few mb of disk space, your Windows temp folder is bigger - if you're that tight on space, empty that .
you might want to add a delete config button somewhere though ... o if its already there move it somwhere where id expect it to be
deleting the config dat isnt the most convenient way to associate lfsc to another lfs.exe
Just drag in the new lfs.exe and save config then LFSC should use that instead. You shouldn't have to delete the old config first.
hm didnt work for some reason im not sure i did those steps though
I get the backfire sounds and the low fuel warning radio messages but none of the other radio messages. My name appears in the driver detection line and I have turned off the auto detect.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Maxim

P.S. I am also running the LFSspotter mod which works fine. I launch LFSC, then spotter then lfs with/49999 using a batch file. What port should spotter be tuned to?

Edit2: Sorted it. I had forgotten to change pitspotter back to its original port of 29999 after changing it to the same port of LFSC during testing.
Quote from Becky Rose :Programs which have uninstallers also have installers, LFSC does not have an installer, it also does not need to be put into your LFS folder.

I'm sorry you dont like the program and wish to be rid of it, but not having an uninstaller is not a failing. Where is LFS' uninstaller?

Feel free to ignore my suggestion, but it had nothing to do with the fact that I may like your program or not . I never said it was a failing.
well i don't know much about programming, but how would the program know where it was if it wasn't installed? the only solution would be to place the uninstaller inside the file which is about as useful as just deleting the folder!
-
(BurnOut69) DELETED by BurnOut69 : unneeded
It's my feeling that being both the author of LFSC and a major league organiser I have become something of a target and too prominent in the LFS community so i'm lowering my profile and canning LFSC. It's a crap program anyway and doesnt work half the time. There will be no more updates.

I may release standalone tools in the future, but I have no desire to complete the feature list on this project for the sum reward of falling out with other forum members and making myself a target for abuse.
2bad to hear... i still think its an awsome tool in the right hands
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
- what a shame a few people spoil such a great tool
Quote from Becky Rose :It's my feeling that being both the author of LFSC and a major league organiser I have become something of a target and too prominent in the LFS community so i'm lowering my profile and canning LFSC. It's a crap program anyway and doesnt work half the time. There will be no more updates.

I may release standalone tools in the future, but I have no desire to complete the feature list on this project for the sum reward of falling out with other forum members and making myself a target for abuse.

Please Becky! Don't do that, it is a great tool and we need it. Don't let the negative critics come to you. There will be always people that will act like that. Im am quite new in the community and don't like what I read often on the forum. If people want that sim to stay alive, they better change their attitude. It is not a good way to bring new member. It is a GAME to have fun and humanity have enough war and other negative stuff to take care.
Thank you for all your effort Becky and keep it going
Sorry to hear you're freezing LFSC!
It gives me some usefull information, I dont feel that alone when i'm driving somewhere in the middle with a 10 second gap in front to the really good racers, and the 20 second gap behind me with the noobs, the crashers, the talkers/cursers and, most important, it's much better then my mate on Ventrillo, who's either cursing everybody that comes within range, or even worse, humming tunes when he's doing OK...
Quote from Becky Rose :It's my feeling that being both the author of LFSC and a major league organiser I have become something of a target and too prominent in the LFS community so i'm lowering my profile and canning LFSC. It's a crap program anyway and doesnt work half the time. There will be no more updates.

Very sorry to hear that. I love your program and never start LFS without it. I have even given up my Pitspotter addiction as a result . Don’t let negative comments put you off. Just look at any other post, the negative comments are always the loudest. People, like me, who really appreciate the work you put into such mods don’t post as much about how great a program/mod is compared to ppl who post negative issues, and maybe we should . You are a talented programmer and a valuable asset to the community. I feel a lot of racers would be disappointed by the abandoning of this fine project
Im one of those people happily using LFSC with no problems, just posting to say thanks for your work.
Sorry to hear your leaving it, if its time, then fair enough, if its the abuse, like other people have said the moaners are always the loudest.
*Other words of encouragement a better linguist than me might come up with* you get the sentiment
thats too bad becky i think lfsc is great and that you should continue making it even better!
maybe trash some useless features and focus on the important ones
i also think that this little piece of software has a lot of potentials
ill make this really simple

nooooooo

i havent used any of it except for the tweak part but i still like it a lot (slowly and with a lot otf alt tabbing )

on a serious note it actually is more responsive if lfs isnt minimized but windowed

LFS Companion 0.5 Alpha
(166 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG