The online racing simulator
Speeding tickets
(62 posts, started )
In 3 years of driving, i´ve only got one ticket, but it got dismissed (i think thats the right word), i was doing 125km/h in a 80km/h zone, It was on tuesday, and was 3:30 am. I didnt received a ticket, because, on brazil they supost to tell you there is a speed camera ahead (wich is stupid, because with the sign telling you there is a speed camera, you have enough time to slow down), well on this specific road there wasnt a sign, so it was a illegal camera, therefore i couldnt been ticked.

I still speed sometimes, but now im more carefull, i dont go that much fast, im usually within 10-20 km/h over the limit...
I've not had a fine or been caught, primarily as I tend not to speed unless I'm on the motorway or on a dual carriage way. Fortunately the other day I had a near miss. I was late for an appointment (due to being held up by waiting for other customers earlier in the day), and was bombing down a fairly major bath-bristol route. I didn't notice the fuzz in front of me. Luckily they were on the other side of the carriage way, and weren't static. I still don't know exactly what speed I was doing, but I know it was marginally faster than everyone else around me.
#53 - Davo
Quote from Shotglass :you get fined that much for 3 over ? here they usually dont even bother unless youre at least 10 over

Yep, it used to be 10% but they changed the laws. Cops don't bother to pull you over for anything upto 10km/h over but the speed cameras don't care and are just revenue raisers.
Quote from Fordman :Touch wood, Non. Due to Radar

Also don't you people have a Reflective License Plate's

Retroflective actually, this means it'll still be seen on camera's, some time ago I saw a car with extra shiny spray over it though
i ride like a twat on a fairly regular basis, but have yet to recieve a speeding ticket, or even be pulled. even for a random stop-check. i have calmed it down alot though, rarely over a ton, but 90 is a regular thing.

just wait till i get another nc30 though.
Quote from sgt.flippy :Retroflective actually, this means it'll still be seen on camera's, some time ago I saw a car with extra shiny spray over it though

No you can buy "reflective plates" what happens is, when the camara flashes, the plate "reflects " the flash, and the only thing the camara gets a shot of, is its own flash. Want to see the effect, take a picture with a Flash on a camara at some glass
Quote from Fordman :No you can buy "reflective plates" what happens is, when the camara flashes, the plate "reflects " the flash, and the only thing the camara gets a shot of, is its own flash. Want to see the effect, take a picture with a Flash on a camara at some glass

youll be in deep booty juice when the cops see you with one of these though

and photoshopping often helps a lot to identify the plate despite the reflection
my dad has received about 7 tickets, my parents tried to hide one of them from meso i didn't know, god knows why. All have happened in strange places like empty streets and one way roads(not common here). My dad recieved one ticket at a swim meet because he wasn't suppose to park were he did park, yet he was INSTRUCTED to park there. Seems my dad is always in the wrong place at the wrong time when it comes to tickets.

My brother's girl friend goes about 150kph on highways and 100kph on side streets yet has recieved 1 ticket in 25 years of hell driving.
I've had about 4 speeding tickets I believe. They were all around the same time. They all weren't really my fault (yea, sure). Two of them I was just keeping up with traffic, and even had someone passing me. They singled me out because I was only 20 at the time in what they would concider a "sports" car. The 3rd, I had pulled into the other lane (4 lane highways these were, 2 in each direction) to move around a large truck I couldn't see past. I sped up to pass, passed, pulled back over and slowed down. The cop got me as I was beside the truck around 10-15 mph over. The last one I was definitely speeding. On the way to work, I was cooking about 95 mph (55 limit) and rounded a bend when I saw him. Jammed on the brakes and he only wrote me up for "too fast for conditions". That's not all that bad, but combined with my recent history, that caused me to send my license away.

During the same time frame, my buddy was driving and we got pulled over for doing 105 mph in a 35 limit! Yup, 70 mph over the limit. What did he get? A written warning! It helped that every other word out of the cops mouth was the F word.
Quote from Hurts2bStock :No we don't (as far as i know) have that unless your caught street racing.

This was on a 100% straight freeway, early in the morning on the way to work. The cop said he was going to tow my car, and made me over an hour late for work, so I did stop speeding like that since the ticket.

We have instant ban if you're 30mph (48kph) over the speed limit.
Quote from Shotglass :youll be in deep booty juice when the cops see you with one of these though

and photoshopping often helps a lot to identify the plate despite the reflection

But the handheld cameras don't flash... so the cops are never going to "see" you with one. And, at least in the UK, they can't actually present "enhanced" speed camera shots (as you mentioned) as evidence for a speeding penalty - if I recall correctly.
Quote from Fordman :No you can buy "reflective plates" what happens is, when the camara flashes, the plate "reflects " the flash, and the only thing the camara gets a shot of, is its own flash. Want to see the effect, take a picture with a Flash on a camara at some glass

They are so easily identifable on a Sunny day. The reflection is blinding to follow, I reported Mr Poser Porsche for his plate

Speeding tickets
(62 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG