The online racing simulator
Type Of Patrols
(46 posts, started )
We have some Volvos, Vauxhall Omegas, WRX, BMW M series (I forget which), Transit vans, Focus's, some Protons because they run on gas, some Honda CR250's, and a couple of Land Rovers. All tuned to their teeth.

Not bad selection for a small town, eh?
http://www.diecasts.biz/images/V/va09403.jpg

Astras round here

Quote from JTbo :They surely won't use SD1's anymore, is there even single one alive anymore?

Don't worry are police replace their vehicles needlessly early, the Highways Agency have a fleet of brand new Range Rovers, I see absolutely no need for vehicles destined for motorway to be off roaders, as far as I see a selection of MPVs, vans, estate cars and the odd Defender would be far better suited to the job. It reminds me of a story from someone who I knew who was a Land Rover salesman who was selling cars to the council for use for park groundskeeping and despite telling them Defenders were the right tool for the job the council decided top of the range Discoverys were the best tool for the job

I personally hate the concept of soft roaders and constantly replacing cars, the later seems to be forgotten as a large cause of environmental issues let alone waste of money. I really can't stand to have the police drive around in great gas guzzling V8s or BMWs/Mercs when TBH a tuned Volvo estate is faster, more economical, smaller, quieter, cheaper and has more boot space

Jaguar S-Type R... I think they have only one of these, donated by a car/technics magazine. Probably not used on normal patrolling...

edit: damn, this was already mentioned
We have the odd Lancer Evo VIII (or VII?) here. And who can forget the pimped-out Ford Galaxys they have?
Round here it's Vauxhall Astra's the Met use. They run time trials up and down our main street in them and Ford Transits.

No pictures, but you know what they look like
I wish they ran Dodge Vipers, then I'd be interested in joining myself
I came across this one.. the Rotterdam Police. I have no clue why it's called after my home town, but it must be an American city/area.
I edited 2 of them as requested by my dad. The second one might only be understandable for Dutch speakers..

Attached images
RotterdamPolice.jpg
RotterdamPolice2.jpg
it is, its a city up in New York
Here are 2 I had on my comp...
Attached images
dscd0335.jpg
dscd0404.jpg
In the Philippines we got Toyota Corollas, Toyota Land Cruisers, Toyota Hiace, Chevy Suburbans, Dodge Ram, Ford F150. Lol lots of Toyotas.
Btw, these are the Dutch police vehicles:

yup but as i said, they were off my head spelling is corrected
The Police Impreza, is apparently the fastest car in the British Police force used all the time. It's meant to be WRC spec tned by Pro-Drive.
probably, not really sure where they are used, i think also some county's use them as ARVs along with the Vectras
Quote from Xaid0n :probably, not really sure where they are used, i think also some county's use them as ARVs along with the Vectras

Yorkshire I think, but I can only imagine they chase tractors.
Quote from DTrott :Yorkshire I think, but I can only imagine they chase tractors.

We have a couple in S****horpe, I wash cleaning the car once and they was flying up and down the road, vanish for about 30-40 minutes come back and do it again, I was told by the police cheif (he eats lunch where I do) that they were setting up the car to drive over speed bumps at speed and not crash and die (my street is very quite and has a nice mix of speed bumps and chicanes, so you need a good setup and driver to drive down it at speed). All the local drug dealers, and other such law breakers got really antsy in their pants at the police gunning around. Good times.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :We have a couple in S****horpe, I wash cleaning the car once and they was flying up and down the road, vanish for about 30-40 minutes come back and do it again, I was told by the police cheif (he eats lunch where I do) that they were setting up the car to drive over speed bumps at speed and not crash and die (my street is very quite and has a nice mix of speed bumps and chicanes, so you need a good setup and driver to drive down it at speed). All the local drug dealers, and other such law breakers got really antsy in their pants at the police gunning around. Good times.

I read that it's able to go over speed bumps at around 70mph.
Quote from DTrott :I read that it's able to go over speed bumps at around 70mph.

That's pretty impressive, I've seen people hit them at around 20-30 bottom out crash and die (well not the die part, but it'd been funny). I'd love to be a high speed pursuit cop, get paid to drive fast and run down bad guys.

Type Of Patrols
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG