The online racing simulator
UPDATE : Patch V
(186 posts, started )
Quote from ThomasDK : After updating from u to v I cant unlock mine, have login and password but dont work, I even have enough tries left but just wont accept it. I can even login to the mainwebsite.

I cant wait to try it its like knowing what I get for christmas but too many day to I can open it unlucky me.

Most probably you have specified different web and game passwords as most of us.

- ben
Can i see my game password with my web password? Though I dont think I changed it? I even dont know how.

And went back in my mail history and found the original mail and there was only a webpassword.

EDIT:

solved it, reentered the game password in account details and now it works so it ws proberly that it was different from my web password, thx for your guidens, Now its racing time
Great patch as usual Scawen.
Merry Christmas.
someone said falsedtarted ripping of wrappings - I would say good timing for installing, fixing and enjoying Xmas present - thx devs .

I like the autoupdate - there will be no problem with patches' incompability in future (and it is good to have an option to download it manually)
I didnt meet "no racejoin after start" which for will bring deadlinedeadline for before race setup tweaks .

And the game goes smooth - no hickups on join, server messages. One thing about that - now sound stops when we are off the game view to avoid annoying loops - every time there is bigger lag engine revs (sound actually) go down.
And when I want to set overall volume on soundcard mastermix the sound is off

Talking of which some cars sound better now, some worse, much better with diff sound but imho all engine sound too midtone-ish and whine/diff samples make overall sound feel samplish too.

edit: BTW - off to set new poll - which sounds are the best? not until solving "Yes, post a poll with this thread"
I really do like new sounds, what I found out is that your audio settings and equipment makes lot of difference how it sounds, much more difference than any other title I have played.

I write here what I have found out now, maybe some others will benefit from this information.

I have motherboard with integrated audio, it is Realtek ALC850 based audio, then I do have over 20 years old stereo system plugged into computer and I use headphones, not very high quality but not crap ones either.
Now I have these setting in my stereo, BASS and TREBLE, if I do adjust them so that I increase bass I will loose really lot of LFS engine noises, but I do get of course more bass, if I increase treble I get more engine noises, turbo whine is very audible etc.

It was not so big difference with old sound engine, but with this new one there seem to be great influence with these settings, same with setting EQ from windows, can't add more bass.
Now my headphones don't go very low without helping them with these settings, but with LFS I need to make compromise, muffled boring sound or very alive and clear in other end.

So if you use EQ or some other settings, you should test playing LFS by setting them off or default level.

With good settings I got really nice sound, hard to stop driving

Great update, thx from Christmas present
Quote from axus :As one who followed the test patches, I'd like to say that Scawen has been one coding machine over the past week and his work has been nothing short of astonishing and inspiring based on the feedback received! His patience never ran dry even when sound feedback was most inconsistent! Thank you very much Scawen and enjoy your very well deserved rest!

And now a picky question from me: I was hoping for a /canreset=no to be working in patch V for a DEDI server already. But it seems that you can still reset your car eventhough this option is set to "no" in my server setup.cfg. Am I doing anything wrong?
And here is someone with a problem!

I'm experiencing serious lag at the start of a race. And it started since the new sounds. But it never got as bad as it does now with patch V. At the start I just get horrible framerate (12-15), while during normal racing (after a lap or two), I get about 25-35, which I think is good enough. Also when I have this lag the sound crackles enormously and it just hurts my ears if I have my sound too high.

Also, might be server sided, but I still want to mention this:
I keep getting kicked from the STCC server when someone else joins. It disconnects me with the message: "couldn't remove "unknown"", and it seems it also always says a vote has ended, while there wasn't any vote going on.
nice work ... and now get the hell outta here allready and enjoy your vacation i dont want to see you here past your bedtime anymore young man

Quote from RAYfighter :And now a picky question from me: I was hoping for a /canreset=no to be working in patch V for a DEDI server already. But it seems that you can still reset your car eventhough this option is set to "no" in my server setup.cfg. Am I doing anything wrong?

iirc scawen mentiond that it need an incompatible patch to work
I have just updated my LFS and i have to say great work! The sounds are really great I've enjoyed every minute i played! Great!! Merry xmas to all you guys and happy new year
I'm liking this patch, even though i personally prefer more brutal sounds - but it's driveable now - tried U35 and didn't like it at all, only because of the low tire sounds.

Drove around a bit.. are some of the changes affecting the lap times? I'm 1-1½ sec slower than before.... just courious.

But on the other hand.. seems like I can brake later, do way more stable tail braking and grip feels better - overall do faster cornering entries, but my exitst are so far slower.

Oh.. used up my last unlock.. was actually planning on a Windows reinstall during the weekend, but couldn't resist to unlock this release

Great work indeed!
i havent used patch yet, but seems great =D
Happy xmas to teh devs :P
Hadn't downloaded the V yet, but i have the U36 and latest test sounds, waiting to get home for the "V"..
Anyway, has anyone experienced better online experience, or is Scawen just placebo-ing us??
Quote from r4ptor :I'm liking this patch, even though i personally prefer more brutal sounds - but it's driveable now - tried U35 and didn't like it at all, only because of the low tire sounds.

Drove around a bit.. are some of the changes affecting the lap times? I'm 1-1½ sec slower than before.... just courious.

But on the other hand.. seems like I can brake later, do way more stable tail braking and grip feels better - overall do faster cornering entries, but my exitst are so far slower.

Oh.. used up my last unlock.. was actually planning on a Windows reinstall during the weekend, but couldn't resist to unlock this release

Great work indeed!

i kinda noticed something like that, my car felt a lot loose at the back end with exactly the same set up. its probably my brain playing tricks though, next time i went on all was well
I'm having trouble unlocking LFS. I type all the info in and tell it to unlock, but it can't connect to the master server.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Anyway, has anyone experienced better online experience...

Yeah, multiplayer is much smoother.
i just downloaded the V patch and got that working looks good. One thing i did notice is with the bf1 if you reset the car after your tires have popped they repair themselves???. Has anyone else come across this yet or is it just me?????
Thanks for the U30

Take it easy and don't hurry to get back coding. Enjoy christmas
Quote from brindyman :i just downloaded the V patch and got that working looks good. One thing i did notice is with the bf1 if you reset the car after your tires have popped they repair themselves???. Has anyone else come across this yet or is it just me?????

Thats how it works in single playre mode.
In multiplayer mode you can't do it, or?
Quote from ChiliFan :I'm having trouble unlocking LFS. I type all the info in and tell it to unlock, but it can't connect to the master server.

Check your firewall settings, most firewalls will pick up the changed .exe of LFS so you will need to change the rules on your firewall to allow LFS.
Quote from DeKo :i kinda noticed something like that, my car felt a lot loose at the back end with exactly the same set up. its probably my brain playing tricks though, next time i went on all was well

I think you are right - and the cause is most likely the sounds (especially tire sounds being lower, would seem like better sound of better grip.. but I guess it's time to "recalibrate" what to listen for ;P )

Was doing some laps with patch V and always did bad lap times. Then had the idea of comparing U20 with V in Analyze for speed, so I started up U20 and gave it a go.. first lap was already faster and imidialty thaught "ha!".

Then back to V .. first clean lap was.. meh.. even faster LOL.

So yeah.. sound playing tricks on the mind, most likely because I'm so tuned in to the old ones.

CSR, here I come - but I'm afraid Tire sounds too low and CSR will drown it :|
I like the new patch and the development of the sounds, I agree with many that the race versions of the cars need to sound more brutal as someone put it, but I understand Scawen has worked his butt off on this stuff and neglected his social life and family probably to achieve all these improvements in the past week or so.

Driving all cars is more immersive now and makes a better race etc, I have had no problems with the V patch and the updater worked fine for me etc

I'd like to thank Scawen's family for allowing him so much time to deal with us here and his work. Scawen of course gets sincere thanks and we can't forget the rest of the team , cause "team" is very much what LFS is all about, isn't it

A Christian Christmas and success in abundance in 2007 to the Dev team and all the players of LFS worldwide

ShannonN
Pactia Inin Patolli
I want to say,...

Thanks LFS and all people who make everything possible for the best Sim of the world.

Merry Christmas
Quote from Montana :Thats how it works in single playre mode.
In multiplayer mode you can't do it, or?

how correct you are

ty
I dunno if i agree with everyone about the sounds, i like em aye....But then again i got a soundblaster live 5.1 soundcard and i understand not everyone will have a pci soundcard of some description so the sounds will always be of varying quality.

UPDATE : Patch V
(186 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG