The online racing simulator
UPDATE : Patch V
(186 posts, started )
Hello Racers!

A new patch and full version is available on our website. The patch upgrades any U version to V. It's a self extracting archive, so simply download it into your LFS folder and double-click it to extract.

There are a lot of improvements in V as those of you who have followed the test patches already know.

Thanks to all those community members and beta testers who participated in the testing process, to get us to this stage with a reliable and strong version. Thanks also for the translators who have kept all 23 official translations up to date!

Some important updates :

Smoother online racing
Car sound improvements
Automatic update system
Compatible with Windows Vista
Improved support for S1 racers
New script system (details below)
Fixes and improvements in all areas

And you can read the full list of updates here :

www.liveforspeed.net/?page=patch_v

Have fun!

Happy Christmas!
Impressive work!
#3 - Davo
Just checked and when I went to download the mirrors weren't even up yet. Sorted now and nearly downloaded. Thanks for all the ha rd work that's gone into this patch. It's a great improvement from U.

Merry Christmas.
yay!!
thanks scawen, merry christmas
woot woot thx for all of the hardwork and patience guys
im guessing this is our christmas present then?

can't complain, but it kinda ruined the christmas spirit, scawen i guess was the little kid that looked around for hours in his home looking for the presents and ripped them open

owell.. merry christmas i guess, i think this is the only present im getting unless i buy myself something else lol, enjoy your break scawen, you deserve it!
#7 - axus
As one who followed the test patches, I'd like to say that Scawen has been one coding machine over the past week and his work has been nothing short of astonishing and inspiring based on the feedback received! His patience never ran dry even when sound feedback was most inconsistent! Thank you very much Scawen and enjoy your very well deserved rest!
Superb work now have a bloody good christmas
Merry Christmas Scawen, Eric and Victor
That's great~! Merry xmas all guys
I´m currently using U20 and I was wondering if I have to unlock after downloading the patch? I´m out of unlocks for this month.
:laola:

Now we can start waiting for patch W
Great christmas-gift!
Thanks

Merry Christmas

Pokredde
This "SOUND IMPROVEMENTS" on the front page is just not going to give the right picture for players that haven't played LFS for a long time. I mean it is better than before but it's still the same LFS sound that so many players have hated and will still hate because it's not drastically different, especially for players that have probably no idea how generated sound engine works. Now they'll just get disappointed.
Thank you Scawen !!!

Merry Xmas to you and your family!
Finally!

Now hush hush away from the forums and into the holiday!

E: Actually I'm on holiday now, happy new year all!
Beautifull work !

Happy Xmass and new year 2007 DEVS. !!!! :lovies3d:
Thank you for the patch and merry christmas
Thanks for the hard work you did to get it ready before Christmas. Have a nice vacation and see you again in the new year
really thank, scawen!
great job!
lfs become better end better!
Again great work and a nice x-mas present

Merry x-mas Eric, Scawen and Victor... enjoy your break, you've three deserve it and therefore I don't wanna see you around here till the next year
Quote from Kalev EST :I´m currently using U20 and I was wondering if I have to unlock after downloading the patch? I´m out of unlocks for this month.

Good point! About half of you do need to unlock, because of a fix in the unlocking system.

I've just raised everyone's unlocks available to 2 right now, in case you do need to unlock.
happy kids
Scawen, I was just coming to post a big thank you note and what do I find?? Another frickin patch!

Thank you thank you thank you! :yipee:

I just received my G25 yesterday and could finally fully experience the hard work you put into the force feedback engine.

The recent sound improvements top it all off. Lift the inside rear on a curb and slack off the throttle a bit, yep there's a subtle change in the gear whine before I get back on the gas. AMAZING!

You've done everything you could to grace my computer with the best simulation of race car piloting I can find.

Thank you.

This is me! ===> :eclipseeh

My coworkers' eyebrows went up as I explained that you can actually feel the flex in the front tyres during hard cornering in the :heyjoe67_ ... you rock.
good work, lots of improvement since "U"

have a good christmas and enjoy your vacation, you deserve it

(186 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG