The online racing simulator
Quote from TagForce :lol... Whereabouts will you be driving? Warn me when you cross your northern border... I'll get my ass into the pits then (aka home).

Does your ass leave the pits ever?
I'm sorry you house looks like a pit that much.
Kan je lekker thuis gaan pitten hè

I'll be driving around Limburg, so pretty close to the border More than often I'll be driving to Brussels. Now after the Christmas shoppings, I have some money left which I'm going to keep for my speeding tickets
Quote from sgt.flippy :Does your ass leave the pits ever?
I'm sorry you house looks like a pit that much.
Kan je lekker thuis gaan pitten hè

lol... it does, actually... When my internet is down or STCC servers are full
Quote :
Now after the Christmas shoppings, I have some money left which I'm going to keep for my speeding tickets

That may be a smart thing... First 2 months I had my license I got 5 speeding tickets. Haven't had any in about a year, now.
no.

I hate them.

Quote from PLAYLIFE :If we would get those cars, there would be no reason to pay for Nascar sims. So I think this is off!

BTW, the whole idea of a company is to make money (preferably doing what you like), not to make sure other companies still make money. So that's about the silliest reason not to add NASCAR type cars in LFS I've heard so far.
+1.

I know it's been discussed before very often.

I'd like to see oval racing because I enjoyed NR2003 so much. (Which was a big surprise, as I had never been an oval racing fan before I played that game.)

But an extra reason I'd like to see stock car racing on ovals in the game is that it's a great way to highlight the brilliance of the LFS physics model. It seems to me that a poor physics model, like say GT4, can fool people into believing it's realistic when they're driving a car around a track with plenty of corners, because they at least have to make some braking and steering inputs. But when you put a GT4 car onto an oval, it becomes plain even to credulous players that the physics are awful, because the experience is just so dull. (Rubber band trick anybody?) What made NR2003 great, from my point of view, was that it got me to appreciate that there actually is some subtlety and car control required for oval racing: it's not just mashing the loud pedal.

Trying to keep a heavy, high-powered stock car out of the wall on an oval perhaps a bit more interesting (i.e., shorter) than the Kyoto Ring would be one more demonstration of LFS's physics supremacy, I think.
Quote from TagForce :BTW, the whole idea of a company is to make money (preferably doing what you like), not to make sure other companies still make money. So that's about the silliest reason not to add NASCAR type cars in LFS I've heard so far.

:uglyhamme
Quote from TagForce :+1

I'd like the chance to beat all you yanks and rednecks at your own game.
But we'd need the american national anthem played before the start of the warm up laps, and I mean from "Oh say can you see" all the way through to "Gentlemen, start your engines!", and of course a spotter going "Git to her, boy, ye can shure'z ol'hell take'r passs dat dang slow piece-o'-junk, 'slong as ye keep'r from wreckin' ya"

LOL... thats not what I meant in this suggestion...

I care less on anthems... just the driving part!

The reason on this post is... NR2003 has major lag on 56K..... LFS has 'less' lag on 56k (I joined and finished a 17person race)
Quote from jtr99 :+1.

I know it's been discussed before very often.

I'd like to see oval racing because I enjoyed NR2003 so much. (Which was a big surprise, as I had never been an oval racing fan before I played that game.)

But an extra reason I'd like to see stock car racing on ovals in the game is that it's a great way to highlight the brilliance of the LFS physics model. It seems to me that a poor physics model, like say GT4, can fool people into believing it's realistic when they're driving a car around a track with plenty of corners, because they at least have to make some braking and steering inputs. But when you put a GT4 car onto an oval, it becomes plain even to credulous players that the physics are awful, because the experience is just so dull. (Rubber band trick anybody?) What made NR2003 great, from my point of view, was that it got me to appreciate that there actually is some subtlety and car control required for oval racing: it's not just mashing the loud pedal.

Trying to keep a heavy, high-powered stock car out of the wall on an oval perhaps a bit more interesting (i.e., shorter) than the Kyoto Ring would be one more demonstration of LFS's physics supremacy, I think.

My point exactly!
Quote from CodieMorgan :What is the possibility of having a Nascar, SASCAR, SCAR of other form of stock car added to LFS?

It would be nice to also see competitive oval racing in this genre on a couple large tracks!

Just a suggestion... as most Nascar sims seem to have a massive bandwidth requirement and LFS runs just fine on the net!

+1 am a big fan of nascar
Quote from CodieMorgan :LOL... thats not what I meant in this suggestion...

I care less on anthems... just the driving part!

The reason on this post is... NR2003 has major lag on 56K..... LFS has 'less' lag on 56k (I joined and finished a 17person race)

I know, and my post was intended to support your suggestion, albeit under a few conditions. For one, we absolutely need full course yellow flags to be implemented along with a working pace-car. Second, we need to have warm-up laps/formation laps. third, we need to have a pit spotter if at all possible. And perhaps most importantly, we need to have different setup options and fully assymmetrical setups.

I'd be all for NASCAR cars and tracks right now, if I knew that all the other stuff would get implemented somewhere along the road to S3, though.

+1 for the smaller tracks like Bristol or Martinsville, where brakes really get a hammering and careless drivers will get penalised after a few fast laps by having reduced performace from overheated or worn tyres. The more skilled, careful driver will stay faster in the long run. i love to see a bit of tactics and restraint coming into play with sim racing, it's like adding another dimension to the gameplay.
I agree with Al. I'm not a oval fan myself, and what makes LFS oval racing discusting is that there is no braking in the corners and it's always driven with the fastest car, just for speed, which in my eyes (think what you want people, lets not make this another flamewar) takes no skill. What we need is shorter more challenging ovals, a small stadium type one would be great, and people to use something more fun than the BF1! A very basic car would do it, big chunk of polygons/metal/whatever with V engine and fat slicks

ROAR!
Quote :-1
I hate them.

Sorry to any others who would like to see oval/Nascar type racing in LFS. LFSn00b and BlakjeKaas don't like stockcars and ovals. So we'll never see this in LFS illepall .
Quote from Blackout :I agree with Al. I'm not a oval fan myself, and what makes LFS oval racing discusting is that there is no braking in the corners and it's always driven with the fastest car, just for speed, which in my eyes (think what you want people, lets not make this another flamewar) takes no skill. What we need is shorter more challenging ovals, a small stadium type one would be great, and people to use something more fun than the BF1! A very basic car would do it, big chunk of polygons/metal/whatever with V engine and fat slicks

ROAR!

Yes, we need a car that was meant to be raced on the ovals. We also need a ST, SW, and SS oval (a .5 mile one, a 1.5 mile one, and a 2.5 mile one for plates). Each oval has a distinctly different strategy for winning.

Edit: @mike
hehe, it's a sort of poll thing here... Would be boring if everyone always said +1
Quote from mrodgers :Sorry to any others who would like to see oval/Nascar type racing in LFS. LFSn00b and BlakjeKaas don't like stockcars and ovals. So we'll never see this in LFS illepall .

Thank God!
Quote from LFSn00b :+1, if the stockcars are drivable on other tracks!

Well no, they fall apart if even thought of getting trough eau screw gets in the driver's mind...
Quote from LFSn00b :+1, if the stockcars are drivable on other tracks!

Nascar Nextel cup races for example are run ONLY on ovals.

One of the most famous ovals:
Clicky
+1 would definitely like to Race a NASCAR or Craftsman Truck type Stock Car, but on a good Oval Track.

A Oval that has some braking too, something like the Indianapolis Track would be best I think. Short Tracks would be a Mess for the General Public and KY Oval is already a Flat Out Oval.
I would love to see Lowes Motor Speedway in LFS. A dirt track might be fun as well. Stock Cars on a road course are fun as well. There's a lot more room to have fun when you are hustling a 3400lb, 800hp car through the twisties.
Quote from mrodgers :Sorry to any others who would like to see oval/Nascar type racing in LFS. LFSn00b and BlakjeKaas don't like stockcars and ovals. So we'll never see this in LFS illepall .

Exactly.

If you dont like them, then dont drive them.

The more cars we have in LFS, the better!

Quote from BlakjeKaas :Thank God!

And there you lost the last tiny bit of respect I had for you. If you dont like it, then dont come here, but do not ruin it for all the others who like to have it!

I am interressed in any racing, so I think it would be a good addition to LFS, no matter what these idiots say.
I just had to try and revive this thread.. but also imagine some classic dirt-ovals and midget (quater midget) racecars! or dirtstocks!

Dont shoot me yet, I havent broken in yet....
I see bullets aiming at the 5minute forum whore!

But...

I can imagine the faces of people watching the Oval Junkies all take to dirt oval in bf1 ... muhaahaaa!
Quote from mik22 :that just draws in the lag..

Well.. now we have 45 noobs on track... WE ARE ALLL NOOOBS!

Maybe LFSNoob will agree?
+1(.000.000)

*g*

Stock Cars and Oval Tracks!
(245 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG