The online racing simulator
LFS is dead???
(223 posts, closed, started )
...with three passengers!
Quote from lalathegreat :I can see where others are coming from. Playing LFS for a year now and i thought it would of been alot further along than it is. yea they where 30 test patches but most of them seem to correct bugs and trivial stuff. the fact that the devs don't really say what there working on there site dosent help. I guess most are just fustrated because they know LFS has alot of potencial and it dosent seem to be fulfilling it.

You're a Nazi !

Can we lock this Thread now?
people seem to get so beat up the fact that someone is asking what the hell is going on with this game, I mean give it a rest they are asking,
afterall we are all investors really we all pay a certain amount to play and we get to test a relay what needs to be fixed, it would be great for the devs to at least update the site and a small journal, like the BF2 mod i am a tester for, really no comments, no updates, a finished when its finished attititude get a game no where, I helped the PR side of my mod and the fan base has trippled since people are getting regular updates and get a good taste of what is to come,
I have sent a email to the devs asking about updates a few weeks ago and i got
as far as updates im not aliberty to discuss I mean bad Pr

and as far as ppl saying why post on a forum its not really about you (yes read that again) its really so everyone can come together and share their own thoughts about what direction lfs is going weather flamed or not, so I think people found my flame me whatever commnent a little tatty it wasnt my intention I was mearly trying to activate what the community thought about my post which was the exact opposite you were thinking,
If the game was a finished retail product, then MAYBE I'd agree, but it isn't, it's a WIP product that is always in a state of development, we ALL knew that when we brought it, we ALL knew S2 wasn't finished and would be in a state of flux for however long.
Quote from seinfeld :people seem to get so beat up the fact that someone is asking what the hell is going on with this game, I mean give it a rest they are asking

Ever think it might be your attitude?

Quote from seinfeld :afterall we are all investors really we all pay a certain amount to play and we get to test a relay what needs to be fixed

Correct, and you got what you paid for. Stop maoning.

Quote from seinfeld :it would be great for the devs to at least update the site and a small journal

Have you read the Test Patch Forum?

Quote from seinfeld :I helped the PR side of my mod and the fan base has trippled since

Here my friend is a medal for you.... :cromo: </sarcasim>

People who come onto the forum wondering is LFS dead are obviously out of touch with LFS, I mean if you actually spent some time on the forums you'd realise why you thread and your posts piss people off so much.
I hate impatient people, move on! Go find a better game if LFS isn't good enough for you.
I am more than happy to wait as long as it takes before the next patch is released. Even if it isn't released i'll be happy that the money i have "invested" so far has been money well spent.
Also just to let you know now, incase you decide to come back next year and say "where's S3, i've been waiting for it for over 2 years now..." S3 will not be out for at least another 3-4 years if your lucky!
This is how LFS works, this is how this community (well at least the majority of us) except it works.
You might be much better off here: http://www.rfactor.net
<sarcasim again> It's a great game, completely finished with loads of shiney things to keep your mind occupied! </sarcasim>

#82 - axus
Certainly... it is well spen money in my book any day. Consider this, £24 is what I spend on average for 2-3 nights out (and I hear going out works out realatively cheap here in comparison to Britan etc). Say that the average night out is about 5 hours. 5*2.5 = 12.5hours. I've spent much more than 12.5hours enjoying LFS. I don't see what the issue is then.

And the whole "concerned fan" thing is getting really old and lame because if you were a fan you'd know how things work around here. We have a series of test patches which are compatible. During these, people complain about the physics/sound/whatever being neglected. Then we get a silent period of core work and the complaints are about not having updates. Then we get a physics patch and people are happy for 3 months. After that its bitch-moan-bitch-moan.

I don't blame the thread starter for this thread AT ALL, he was just looking for information, not telling the devs to change their way of working.
I still think that with a more dynamic www.liveforspeed.net (combine it with LFS World or LFS News, or something) we can easily avoid these kind of threads being created every time......
Quote from traxxion :I still think that with a more dynamic www.liveforspeed.net (combine it with LFS World or LFS News, or something) we can easily avoid these kind of threads being created every time......

If someone who normally takes care for the site (desing was Tweaker and content devs?) doesn't have enough time to now and then update the site with some updates of what's going on he may always forum pm me about it.

If new people in our LFS Community 'demand' to see that infos there too and not only on the forum and mouth by mouth by the community itself well... we can always addapt a bit. However I don't think LFS needs a change, LFS isn't a massive online game, it's more something selective one way or another so we don't need massive advertissements, updates on a frontpage of the site,...

This while 'LFS is dead' is bogus anyway, completely not true. It's even one of the longest and still growing games I know, I mean... all these years by now and still the community is growing, not much games can do better.

So stop saying this game is dead and go again to your rF! Then you'll see soon what 'being dead' is..
Obviously LFS is not dead and it will take a long time until the devs stop working on this project. The reasons are pretty simple:

First, this project is a success and is considered one of the best racing simulations around the world, with a huge amount of players online.

As long as I know, this is the product the devs work in, and they make money on this

Third, is great to see your product above the others on the market, and people enjoy it.

I think that they'll only stop working on Lfs on the moment they release a better racing simulation.
#86 - axus
Quote from Levian :I think that they'll only stop working on Lfs on the moment they release a better racing simulation.

Doubt it that will just fuel the fire.
Quote from George Kuyumji :You're a Nazi !

Can we lock this Thread now?

Quote :how is vista compatibility and a new sound system trivial ?

and even in its current underdeveloped state lfs is the most complete sim with the most bang for each of those 24 bucks (which really isnt much compared to other sims)
and dont forget those 24 quid not only buy you lfs in its current state your also will get tons of fixes weather updated graphics etc further down the line

personally id start worrying about lfs if its starting to fall behind .... but currently its the clear leader of the pack and constantly pulling away

you guys mistook me. i was simply stating that i see were others are coming from. those were not really my personal beliefs or anything. its just that to someone who dosent comb the forums looking for info, LFS looks slow.

Quote :how is vista compatibility and a new sound system trivial ?

i never said it was, i said it "seems" and i personally don't think they are.

I guess some don't realise that fixing issues and changing minute stuff may still take alot of time.

personally, after reading that test patch thread i still feel the devs should atleast say what there working on. Not everyweek, but atleast say hey where working on an auto updater on the main site atleast.
pardon me for my ignorance and sarcasm but I only read the thread's title....

Is it time again? Is LFS dead again? are we amused?
yes we are!
Please.
Attached images
catpray.gif
LFS, a thing of the past??
LFS is gone, it's as lifeless as a Dodo and it has been for a long time now! Content and depth are at an all-time LOW and besides the online "experience" this game hardly has anything else. I have moved on to much better and games with much more depth than LFS. I do not care, nor do I accept the fact that there are only 3 developers. They cannot keep up with the demand so they should get more people to work on it. This game has been released for 4 years now and we are still in the alpha stage of the second "major" release. Oh yeah and the nonesense about the developers having "lives" and families....no one gives a turd! They have started something, they have asked for money, so now it is time that we ask something of them! This is their job and I DO NOT CARE what lives they WANT to have. Their job is to sit on their asses and program! It isn't like this is a side project or something!! They get almost 100% of the profits and they should be satisfied by that! This game started out as something truly great and cutting edge but that was like back in 2003 - 2004, they haven't kept up with the rest of the world! LFS still has mediocre graphics and sound, and although the physics are pretty good, I have played games that have much better modeling...I am truly sorry but you have officially lost me as a customer and I do not see myself returning until they get their acts together and release something fresh!!! The right and smart thing to do would be to release something MAJOR before Christmas this year or they will really pay the price. With all this being said, it is a damn shame that it had to come to this!!
Out of curiousity, what games have you moved on to?
Well I will only give you one as it is already a world of difference between LFS and it....it is Test Drive Unlimited for the PC.
Quote from BuddhaBing :Out of curiousity, what games have you moved on to?

we are currently in talks and our number 1 game is test drive unlimited, in which we have been formerly invited into the beta by the team.
so in other words.... they ain't hungry anymore.
Yawn, bye then, have fun with Test Drive Unlimited.

Quite why you feel the need to tell others to leave LFS is beyond me, surely people can make up there own minds.

I hope Test drive unlimited makes you happy(er)

Smile and wave people, Smile and wave
I must agree. Live for speed has been very dead. Honestly, i havent played in about a month because it just became repetitive.

I really hope they are working their ass off to push out the new patch before the holidays. I hope thats the explanation for this flat spot in development. Otherwise, i will have to lose faith in the devs at this point.

Yep, typical....It is like a new corporation that is starting out, they give free things, the act all loyal and everything, they are constantly offering support and are more than willing to help and asnwer EVERY question. Then they start making some money and it all goes to shit....They become arrogant and no longer value their customers. Same thing happened to Sony, AMD etc and it looks like the same thing is happening to them. They lose their value. With the two examples above (Sony and AMD) it is like the customers don't exist anymore. They expect people to pay money for any crap they release but do not care what the customer wants because they know he will pay. Then when something expensive doesn't sell, they get pissed and angry and call their customers ingrates...Hopefully, LFS won't become like that but they are starting to show signs of it...
Quote from danowat :Yawn, bye then, have fun with Test Drive Unlimited.

Quite why you feel the need to tell others to leave LFS is beyond me, surely people can make up there own minds.

I hope Test drive unlimited makes you happy(er)

Smile and wave people, Smile and wave

I didn't tell people to leave, I meant that is what I would do, I will correct it. This is not all I said, is this the only thing you could comment on?
LFS is for sim racers , true sim racers don't care about graphics and models (or at least it's not THE major factor) , so go and enjoy test drive unlimited man , hopefully see you back for S3
How long you think that Test drive unlimited will last? 6 months? Maybe. A full year? Nah. Or maybe there is sequel. In few years, that is
This thread is closed

LFS is dead???
(223 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG