The online racing simulator
LFS is dead???
(223 posts, closed, started )
#1 - Nunes
LFS is dead???
Hi! Does anyone knows why LFS doesn't have updates or news since 29 April 2006??? Did the developers abandoned the project or are they preparing S3?
Basics - 3 developers being scawen, eric and victor its not some big corporation that can bring out a game quickly. Also the devs are perfectionists and will try to make sure everything they release works.
The last big update was april but if you look in the test patch forum you can see that development is continuing just fine.
Any big things i missed?

Edit : Beaten.
A quick look around the forum would've saved you starting a thread about this As you can see by the Test Patch forum, LFS is in continual development.
#5 - Nunes
Tkz guys
Quote from Nunes :LFS is dead???

How is it "dead", when it has the most Online Drivers of any Racing Simulation in the World? Check the Multiplayer Mode, there are more drivers online then in NR2003, GTR2, rFactor, netkarPro or GPL threwout the day.

Except for certain times when the Americans go Online with NR2003 (then there are about 400 NASCAR drivers online at times where most of the rest of the World is sleeping) But except for that, most of the day LFS is the most bisy and alive place to Sim Race with.

Add to that, that this product is growing constantly while already beeing the most populated Online Race Sim, so how you can ask if its dead is beyond me
Oh god! Thanks for the giggle!
I can honestly say, I'm surprised this didn't pop up sooner
Hmm, no updates since April? What the heck are the developers doing? They should be working on LFS!

April update brought us new physics in patch S. Then they fixed some stuff and put out patch T. A bunch of little bugs and stuff came up, so they produced test patches T1 - T9? T12? I can't remember how many T test patches there was. Then those were compiled into patch U. Vista is coming and LFS wasn't ready, so they started on the U test patches. Along with Vista stuff, we recieved quite a few other really nice requests like the speedometer working off of the transmission/driveshaft like it should for realism, sorting the server list by pretty much each heading in the list, and the ability to open replays through Windows Explorer, and also rename, and delete replays from within LFS just to name a few very nice feature additions. We are now up to test patch U30, which I imagine is nearly complete to compile into patch V.

So, LFS is very much NOT dead. Not in the least.
LFS has been in development all along. You will see that the latest patch is U30 and soon to be U31 ( I think , Not too sure). So this game isnt after been abandoned. I see this game getting better all the time. When S3 comes im pretty sure there wont be any other game that matches how good this Sim / Game is. (Many will say this is the best game /sim)
I think he gets it now
#12 - SamH
Ya can't be too sure! I'll get his arms, and you get his feet.. we'll throw him in the test patch forum!
Put it this way , I dont play LFS , now due to my lack of a Logitech G25, but I still play at school with mates using at mouse ... HOW IS IT DEAD !
Patience, go program your own game and make updates based on the feedback the community gives you, see how long it will take.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :
Patience, go program your own game and make updates based on the feedback the community gives you, see how long it will take.

Nice! Trigger-happy, aye? Did you happen to overlook this part of the thread?

Quote from Nunes :Tkz guys

Why hasn't this been closed to save the topic starter some abuse?
#16 - SamH
I take your point, Josh, but I haven't seen anything that isn't tongue-in-cheek and in good humour. Definitely nothing resembling abuse.

If you spend plenty of time in LFS, and don't frequent the forums, and your main point of contact with events in LFS is the liveforspeed.net front page, you easily could be forgiven for thinking that development hadn't progressed much, if any, since the release back in April. Those of us who are glued to the LFS progress, are involved in the test patches, and are following the patches from S to T, to U, to U30.. we know where LFS is at. But it's no reflection on someone who's just following the LFS homepage, if they're unaware of events here.

Perhaps it's easy for us to forget that the LFS Forums is, in many respects, somewhat behind the scenes. Certainly in the great sim racing scheme of things, it is.
Quote from joshdifabio :Why hasn't this been closed to save the topic starter some abuse?

No Wait, the guy has a valid point. LOL I think I said something about that in oh, August?

Uh, at the top of this page or the forum start page or what ever, it had reports of an upcoming polish league race or something. Note the keywords being UPCOMING and RACE, not April 29th. Couldn't that information about the upcoming race be put where april 29th is?

If you think about it, with the ADD type mentality people tend to have when dealing with the internet these days, at first glance, April 29th doesn't sound too good.
Actually, it's amazing to think that the patch came out all the way back in April. Feels like yesterday....:weeping:
LOL you guys... way too serious sometimes.. (yes, from me)
Maybe liveforspeed.net could be updated whenever a test patch is released?
Another thread from someone who doesn't read the whole forum and just wants to rush the devs
#22 - Gunn
Quote from Hankstar :Maybe liveforspeed.net could be updated whenever a test patch is released?

The test patches are deliberately not posted on the main site. They are for testing purposes and are not considered stable nor complete. Only stable and pre-tested patches are official. Imagine the chaos if every visitor to the main page assumed that the test patch was bug-free and final.
Ah yes, of course. OK, make compulsory forum viewing a condition in the EULA! Then people can be sued if they ask for progress without reading the forum first
Quote from Flycantbird :Actually, it's amazing to think that the patch came out all the way back in April. Feels like yesterday....:weeping:

I totally agree with you there, Flycantbird. It's hard to believe we've been running on these physics for that long. It's hard to believe that I've been racing LFS for a year and a half. It's hard to believe my kid is in kindergarten. It's hard to believe that my littlest one is going to be 3 on Friday. Is this how it is with time when you start getting older?

I took my first ever sick day from work last month in 12 years. Wow, 12 years! I've really been working there for 12 years? Where does the time go?
Quote from mrodgers :I totally agree with you there, Flycantbird. It's hard to believe we've been running on these physics for that long. It's hard to believe that I've been racing LFS for a year and a half. It's hard to believe my kid is in kindergarten. It's hard to believe that my littlest one is going to be 3 on Friday. Is this how it is with time when you start getting older?

I took my first ever sick day from work last month in 12 years. Wow, 12 years! I've really been working there for 12 years? Where does the time go?

Time goes by. Soon we will all find our lifes swept away. Be sure to live your life till then.
This thread is closed

LFS is dead???
(223 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG