The online racing simulator
Im laughing at this thread but at the same time its got such a sobering tone.

Quote from theblackrabbi :I believe not being in an accident ever with my driving style says something

Yer it says you havnt had something unexpected happen that you cant react to quick enough.

I could think of a whole lot to say, but I really cannot be arsed to add anything more to this thread other than you have a massive ego, which one day, and I honestly dont care if you think you can drive better than everyone else on the road, WILL end you and possibly other people at best in a ditch, and at worst....
I would just like to add that my little brother shared a similar driving ethos to me. He was nearly as quick as me in rental-karts, and was a dab hand at being silly in cars when it was safe. His reactions were pretty quick, and he understood how to control and catch slides whilst 'in the zone'.

However, he died when he hit a tree, when something (we don't know what) went wrong. He nearly caught it, but overcorrected twice (which was rare for him to overcorrect once, let alone twice). I saw it in my rear view mirror, and was first on the scene. We were NOT driving stupidly, we were not driving too fast for the conditions, nor breaking the speed limit. But his skills and experience were not sufficient to control whatever caused the loss of control.

In short (and I'm not after sympathy, I'm just telling it how it is) being a good driver doesn't mean you'll fewer or less serious accidents. Just ask James Dean (I think it was, in a Porsche). Or any number of F1 drivers in the past who have had accidents driving within the laws of the road.
Im glad I dont live in the same state as you...take your manical drving OFF the road and onto a track. I have seen too many of my friends get either hurt or killed street racing. KILLED. I went to 8 funerals for my street racing friends before I turned 20. They all thought they were invincible, superior drivers like you, too. The cocky ones always are, and alway get punished for it in some way in the end. They were punished by having their lives taken from them. You are not a superior driver to all others, and if you think you are, prove it at the track. Why dont you join the SCCA? Or are just scared to find out that there are better drivers than you, and reality sets in that overall, you are just a mediocre driver?
Quote from theblackrabbi :I give up...I'm just trying to get the i love driving too, not that I love driving last james bond, or trying to brake the laws of speed, or not driving like you are out to kill someone...as I said just in control, not out of this world. Sorry if you guys can't understand it's not my bad

Awww I think they missed your point because you sprinkled a little too much god complex in your posts. lol It tends to turn people off and make then want to have a go at you. I'm probably one of those people that would seriously tick you off on the road but oh well... life's too short to stress... smile... dun worry and be happy.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
Ok that´s right!

Streets r not for racing!

But why r so much funny up and down chicanes on germans roads if they could be made as a staight line?

I have to admit the truth that everytime I drive to this lovely doublechicane im searching for the latest brakepoint and and the fastest line - if theres no oncoming traffic visible.

Plz don´t lable now me as a childmorderer!

PS.: I would never race or cut corners in towns or on busy streets.
Attached images
hellinger schikane.jpg
#31 - CSU1
Quote from tinyk :Awww I think they missed your point because you sprinkled a little too much god complex in your posts. lol It tends to turn people off and make then want to have a go at you. I'm probably one of those people that would seriously tick you off on the road but oh well... life's too short to stress... smile... dun worry and be happy.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~

:jawdrop: Tick him off!
??? Like do a job on him/asasanate him:jawdrop:???illepall #roadrage!
Quote from theblackrabbi :I give up...I'm just trying to get the i love driving too, not that I love driving last james bond, or trying to brake the laws of speed, or not driving like you are out to kill someone...as I said just in control, not out of this world. Sorry if you guys can't understand it's not my bad

I love driving too, just sitting in my car and firing up the engine makes me a happy man, although my car is nothing spectacular at all... But there simply is NO room on public roads for attitude like that... I see enough dumb sh*ts like you on the streets who think they are racing gods (in their 1.1l Golfs with sports exhausts) and all they're doing is making traffic a lot unsafer...

And don't hide yourself behind no accidents, because with that attitude, you WILL crash at some point, it's just a matter of time... I only hope there's nobody around you that you can hurt too...
Yeah Rabbi you posted this before... Is what you're saying is you don't really race on the road, but like drive down the road with a racer mentality? like trying to be really perceptive and accurately pre determining the actions of others?
If so, that would make sense but if you just drive aggressively and think you are doing the right thing....LOL the day you rearend a carload of illegals that have no insurance is fastly approaching.

I have a friend that tries to tell me about how great his "racer like" style is
for driving...This guy has hit a house before and I'm real reluctant to get in a car with him. Also because of his "superior driving qualities", I got to spend a night in the county jail for him doing 140 on the freeway...that sucked. I sure as hell didn't get where I needed any faster because of that.

So when I read your posts it sounds just like something he says.
theblackrabbi - considering your last thread on this topic got closed, did you think it wise to open another?

What is it with recurring closed threads in off-topic lately?
I find that I drive like blackrabbi on the road, so I decided that until i have another outlet I'm not goint to drive, now I cycle everywhere, i still have all the aggresion and skill but it's outlet that is at worst going to kill me but more probably just end up in a damaged ego.
I don't understand why some people get so angry in traffic, can anyone tell why? As I seem to be a calm person, I can't see wheres the problem, is it just when everything doesn't go like you want or is driving so stressful or something?
I've only a minute before running to work so I'll keep this short.

I've been driving for about 9 years, and I consider myself a very good driver. I drive the optimum lines - within the painted lines and never more than 5mph over the speed limit. I'm situationally aware, and know exactly how my vehicle will respond to any given input.

However, I've been in two pretty serious accidents where both cars involved were total losses - luckily all people escaped with minor injuries. I was 0% at fault in both instances; both collisions were unavoidable for me.

No matter how superior your driving is, things can happen that 1)You can't be held accountable for and 2)You are incapable of avoiding. Obviously you are aware of the inferior driving skills of other people on the road - If you really are as great of a driver as you claim, these are the people that are going to get you in trouble.

No one is invincible.
Quote from CSU1 ::jawdrop: Tick him off!
??? Like do a job on him/asasanate him:jawdrop:???illepall #roadrage!

lol no no no, I mean I'd probably be one of the drivers that made him mad (ticked him off) with my slow driving.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
If rabbi means what I think I can just make out from his defensive posts here, then I must admit that I'm the same... And I think it's from playing LFS.
It's nothing dangerous, actually. Just that when you're driving you're completely at ease with yourself the car and all the stuff that's going on around you... To actually KNOW that some idiot is missing the on ramp they should have taken, and slowing down for them to take it before they themselves realise their mistake. To KNOW someone is in a hellish hurry and wants to pass you on the left before taking the right turn on the lane opposite of the one he's on now (and then making sure he misses the turn completely and watch him/her go mental because I didn't give him/her room). To have the confidence of knowing you're in control of the situation, even though at any moment something might happen that snaps you back to reality.

I never ever feel like being invincible. But I am a far superior driver than most when it comes to anticipation of other people's moves.

And a lot of people feel that way, even if they don't admit it...

And yes, getting upset at others is just part of my waking up ritual. I don't go around pushing them off the road, though. I just call them names from the safety of my cockpit, and go on driving in a safe and confident manner.
Today, I saw this guy in a M3 weaving in and out of some light-ish traffic, going like 65mph, while everyone else was going about 50, and I got so pissed that someone was driving a M3 like that.

OFF TOPIC: I failed the test (got ONE road sign wrong), so now I have to wait 15 days to take it again and get my learners permit The sign was for "traffic signal ahead" and I answered saying it was "intersection ahead", big difference to the DMV I guess.
Firstly, It is so insanely anti-productive to think of yourself as 'superior'. Not just at driving, but at any task. I won't mention the couple of dozen other words which this mentallity brings to mind.

Secondly, There is no reason to sugar coat this - the initial post is one of the stupidist I've read. I sincerely hope that if anyone ends up injured or god forbid, dead....by the results of this psychotic behavior, it's not an innocent bystander. I doubt the family members would be consoled by 'he was a noob...I was thinking 10 seconds ahead'.
illepall illepall illepall illepall illepall
Quote from theblackrabbi :I say this in a way that I can't stop racing weather it's on the computer, or on the street. Does anyone else feel weird when somebody passes them on the road, or does anyone else feel as I do the need to always find the perfect path around traffic? I have an addiction, and I find that now when I drive in the streets of Los Angeles that I actually get angry at drivers cause none of them have anywhere close to as much experience racing/driving/anything when it comes to cars. I just feel that I'm Superior and it comes out in my driving. It's a way of life and I can't stop until I get my Licenses suspended again. Okay enough of this crazy rant.

You're not racing, you are being a twat is what I'd call you people . Thinking your superior to all other motorists and that computer games give you an advantage highlights this. It's your sort who have people screaming out at banning computer games because you use it as an excuse.

Your the very person I make life difficult for in traffic when they think they can be smart and jump about lanes cutting others off and cheekily slotting into a space that is not big enough to be safe. I'll make sure that your type don't get in front of me and I'll damn well make sure to block the lane if its chock a block of traffic and some arse is illegally coming down the bus lane to cut in front of a queue of 20+ cars.

I really can't stand people like you and everytime I see them on the roads overtaking 5cars at a time up a blind hill I think in the back of my mind when he has a accident I hope he doesn't take someone with him.

If someone passes me they pass me. I get slightly annoyed when they throw the anchors out at every little bend they reach in there fancy Audi while my little old Clio is more than capable of going quicker. It doesn't get to me as what is there to win? Nothing but there's a hell of a lot to lose if you cause an accident.

I save my racing for the track. I'm not saying I don't drive quicker around corners than the majority of motorists but I never go to the limit that my car can handle (I reckon I could probably go 15-20mph quicker around most bends). You have no idea what's around the bend or if the road is covered in mud. The limit of grip is never consistent with the ever changing road surfaces, mud/damp etc. I'll usually only hover about 5mph over the speed limit and I certainly take it easy around other cars. You may well think you don't cause accidents but all it takes is one idiotic (or do you call them smart?) move to make someone panic.

I don't take my license for granted and nor can I afford the insurance if anything was to happen. I love driving and it's something that plays a big part in my life for enjoyment but as Tristan has said there are plenty of ways to fulfil my enjoyment in driving other than being a complete twat. If I have any passenger in the car then I'll not even go over the speed limit as I couldn't live with being responsible for hurting or killing a friend. Roundabouts are quite good for playing about with understeer but again I don't be stupid. A few weeks ago some guy in a BMW followed me into a roundabout (I went through the amber light, was red by the time he reached it) and when I looked in my mirror I saw him closing in awfuly quick for such a sharp 90 degree turn so I sped up. Guess what I saw in my rear view mirror? A BMW totally sideways and going into the straight ahead exit, not to mention blocking rush hour traffic while he sheepishly got going again.

The bottom line is if you were as half as good as you claim to be you'd be on a race track proving yourself or probably getting your arse kicked Generally I've never met one single person of your type who have turned up for the end of day `£10 for 10 laps" after the racing who actually was any cope. You act all cocky about how great you think your driving is and when it comes to trying to find the limit properly your either A) Spinning as you can't get heat into the tyres B) going dead slow and even using both pedals at the same time as your scared

"Licenses suspended again"
That would surely prove your elite driving skills aren't as great as you'd like us to believe?

I wander why the people who actually race don't have a need to show off their `elite skills` like you?
To be honest, if you really loved driving all that much, wouldn't you be busy driving rather than posting on forums?

Besides, this topic is a foregone conclusion, too many people get angry about driving on the road in a manner that is not 100% legal.

If you want to enjoy driving, buy something rear wheel drive, far more involving.

So far, I think I agree with tristan's post the most, spirited driving on a road no-one else is using is one thing, but those are country roads, believe it or not, we have corners outside the city here in England.

You also reference your ability to navigate traffic at high speed, while you may think this impressive, when you own a motorbike, you'll treat it as the norm, a gap 10 cars away is regularly a goal, it's not impressive, it's just called looking ahead.

Most importantly, no-one cares what you think you are, because there's a good chance you're wrong, a lot of people are. If you really are as good as you say, get picked up by a racing team, they'll pay you to drive fast, on real roads, with a real car.
race outside the city where noone is there they say...yeah right....never again will I try to prove myself that I am a fast racer
about a week ago I was going to the city of Liepaya (here in Latvia) the whole road there is quite narrow, fast, and has sweeping turns, I have a E36 BMW 328 with a supercharger bolted on by a bloke who sold it to me.
one turn (totaly empty left hander) I got too much on the inside(left wheels gone offroad), clipped the left wheels on the paved part of the road when I wanted to get the car back on the road) next - the car slid off the road on 2 wheels (Im lucky it didnt flip) took out the safety barrier, and stopped in a pole about 50 meters further...
now - I got heavily damaged suspension, 2 wheels, right sideskirt, right window, right miror, the whole right part has to be repainted, and there will be some bodywork....
so... my point is - I TOO THOUGHT I WAS A GREAT DRIVER, and IT WAS PERFECTLY SAFE....now I have to pay, and I am very happy that I only have to pay with money, not with lives
From what I have experianced in the past, a "superior" attitude to driving on the road tends to end up in the grave, or at the least, in the emergency room.

Regardless of how superior you "think" you are, you are not, you will end up killing or seriously injuring yourself or someone else, stop it while you can, its not big, not clever, and just makes you look like a prick.

Get yourself on a track, drive against PROPER drivers, they will knock you down a peg or two and soon dispell your sense of superiority.
imo, theblackrabbi, your just mentally insane
I wonder if he crashed...
Quote from danowat :From what I have experianced in the past, a "superior" attitude to driving on the road tends to end up in the grave, or at the least, in the emergency room.

Regardless of how superior you "think" you are, you are not, you will end up killing or seriously injuring yourself or someone else, stop it while you can, its not big, not clever, and just makes you look like a prick.

Get yourself on a track, drive against PROPER drivers, they will knock you down a peg or two and soon dispell your sense of superiority.

Btw.Someone posted some strange (youtube?) vid about idiots on trackday. The video had some seriously crazy driving, I guess out blackrabbi would like to see how great and awesome these "better than average" drivers were

Can't find the damn thread though :/

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG