The online racing simulator
This goes out to all the people that live for speed
I have a simple question for you people. As many of you, or maybe none of you know I'm a little crazy. I say this in a way that I can't stop racing weather it's on the computer, or on the street. Does anyone else feel weird when somebody passes them on the road, or does anyone else feel as I do the need to always find the perfect path around traffic? I have an addiction, and I find that now when I drive in the streets of Los Angeles that I actually get angry at drivers cause none of them have anywhere close to as much experience racing/driving/anything when it comes to cars. I just feel that I'm Superior and it comes out in my driving. It's a way of life and I can't stop until I get my Licenses suspended again. Okay enough of this crazy rant.

By the way I know the kind of opinions I will get that will be negitive...
1:don't drive like that out in the street you will kill somebody
-well I never got into an accident and never caused anyone to.

2:save that driving for the track
-another lame excuse

I'm just asking that those type of people stay clear and go watch the news or something cause I want to know who has that need for speed-not the game-it sucks-LFS is the only way to go
ok 1... you have a really bad ego then, no one is a "great" driver on the road, no one is safe at all..

sometimes i will take the apex of turns though just.. to carry my momentum and such

i probably would if i had a different car though.. than a dumb old gmc jimmy

edit- and when i say i probably would act differently, im not saying i would if i did have a different car (smaller... better.. one), but i bet i'd probably catch myself doing stuff i shouldn't be doing on the roads
I remember seeing this before.

Streets are not for racing. And it is plain stupid to think that you are something special behind the wheel. With that kind of attiture the odds are against you.
Quote from Hyperactive :I remember seeing this before.

You too, eh? I believe it was also Los Angeles mentioned as well. Did you post this same stuff a loooong time ago, theblackrabbi?

You have to remember one thing, and perhaps when you grow up a bit and mature, you will understand this better. You are not the only one out on the road. Driving this way is not proving that you are special or that you are more skilled than anyone else. It is just the opposite. It proves you are an idiot and completely irresponsible with not only your life but the father of the 2 little girls who won't ever know him when you wreck and kill him. Or the newly weds heading out of town on their honeymoon who will never know the joys they could have shared. Or the 12 year old son/daughter who doesn't survive causing a lifetime of grief for the parents.

Heading down a back country road with no one around and having a bit of fun with some spirited driving is one thing. Driving in the manor that you describe in Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, London, or any city/town big or small is irresponsible and dangerous.

Quote :It's a way of life and I can't stop until I get my Licenses suspended again.

And it can not happen fast enough.
Why don't you just cut to the chase and throw your license away right now, until you can learn to relax around other drivers and not treat a real street like some stupid stage from NFS? You'd be doing yourself and the residents of LA (and cops, paramedics, surgeons, taxpayers etc) a favour.

I like fast cars as much as the next guy and I'll push a bit (within reason) on a road that I know but, forgive the lame cliche, speed is for tracks. They build tracks, surprisingly, for people to speed on. You got some lame FnF fantasy going on? Sounds like it. I may have to add you to the list of FnF'ers who keep asking for neons and Tokyo Drift shit.

A good friend (one I dated for a while actually) was driving on a lonely country road at night when she was hit by a truck, the driver of which wasn't paying attention and misjudged a bend. She was a super-fit mad chick with the most insane energy and ridiculous sense of humour you could imagine - now she lives in a wheelchair, needs full time 24hr care and can only just speak for herself. She can't remember her action-packed life before the accident and I'm glad for that because thinking about it could really destroy her. This accident happened, as I said, on a lonely road at night with noone around for miles, except the truck that hit my friend. You don't need traffic to nearly kill someone. You think you're shit-hot enough to drive like an idiot on LA's roads? Grow up, my friend, and do it quickly before you join my friend in a wheelchair or put someone else's daughter there and have to apologise to her dad.

People often play games so they can do things they can't do in real life, like carjack grannies and start gang wars. But most people are sane and when they turn off the game, they don't go and do a drive-by on their neighbour. If you can't switch between reality and game mode when you're in a real car, you just shouldn't have a real car. Cars don't kill people, people with your attitude do.

It's nice that you haven't been in or caused an accident yet, good for you. Way to beat the odds. I'm sure my friend felt pretty secure on that dark country road too. I'm really glad I don't live anywhere near you.
Quote from theblackrabbi :I have a simple question for you people. As many of you, or maybe none of you know I'm a little crazy. I say this in a way that I can't stop racing weather it's on the computer, or on the street. Does anyone else feel weird when somebody passes them on the road, or does anyone else feel as I do the need to always find the perfect path around traffic? I have an addiction, and I find that now when I drive in the streets of Los Angeles that I actually get angry at drivers cause none of them have anywhere close to as much experience racing/driving/anything when it comes to cars. I just feel that I'm Superior and it comes out in my driving. It's a way of life and I can't stop until I get my Licenses suspended again. Okay enough of this crazy rant.

By the way I know the kind of opinions I will get that will be negitive...
1:don't drive like that out in the street you will kill somebody
-well I never got into an accident and never caused anyone to.

2:save that driving for the track
-another lame excuse

I'm just asking that those type of people stay clear and go watch the news or something cause I want to know who has that need for speed-not the game-it sucks-LFS is the only way to go

On the road(not in racing, I don't race) , I don't care if somebody passes me. If I'm driving the speed limit (around town, I try to save gas), I don't care if people pass me- because nobody passes me when I'm actually pushing it

I do, however, get angry with idiotic drivers. People who clearly don't have a clue as to how to drive (most SUV drivers) but still drive way too fast for their car's ability and theirs.

My advice: just chill out and save your mind and gas for when it really matters- watching a spoiled high-school brat push too hard to keep up and wreck the expensive car his/her parents bought them.
Edit
Okay so I was thinking this while driving tonight. It's not that I like racing, but just knowing exactly what I'm going to do 10 seconds before it happens. There are fast drivers sure, that are dumbass, then there are drivers, I beilive I'm the only one, that actually know what they are doing. I guess that's what I'm triyng to say. I don't race to beat people, but beat them mentaly while they drive.....And well so far I have never seen a driver that picks out situations like me. I hunt people as I don't tailgate them but I hold off on them until the right moment, and I could wait blocks, but I make sure I pass them and it be so good or whatever, like you know how to drive. Maybe racing has just got to me but it doesn't matter if it's a kid or an old lady. If she drives a nicer car then me I don't let them show off. Intead whenever I have to stop for a light I use downshifting to slow down and I never use my brake till the end and thats only for a second. It flips the other cars out cause they see I dont use my brake at a stop, maybe only for a sec as I said.
Around my house it's all nice cars, nothing but the best. the movie stars live over here and all the rich people, oh I wish I was one of them..Atleast it's just sick what los angeles people can be like, especially when they drive. So it's nice to see how fast they can drive. Like today I saw Bentleys, and everyother car was a BMW. I say this guy with a a Audi at the gas station and I convinced him he needed to make it faster. Or I raced people in nice cars and then told them they should drive faster at lights.
It's these damn computer games. Maybe if I didn't get hooked at 5 or whatever it wouldn't have been such a hard habbit to kick. Are you guys getting offended by me asking this? How about if you don't feel like answering it or have a bad opion on what you may call street racing, then pass this bulletin on and don't take it personally, even if it's my second time asking it
Quote from XCNuse :ok 1... you have a really bad ego then, no one is a "great" driver on the road, no one is safe at all..

sometimes i will take the apex of turns though just.. to carry my momentum and such

i probably would if i had a different car though.. than a dumb old gmc jimmy

edit- and when i say i probably would act differently, im not saying i would if i did have a different car (smaller... better.. one), but i bet i'd probably catch myself doing stuff i shouldn't be doing on the roads

Dude I dont ridge race around corners....Remember I said I dont have any accidents...I think that would say something after 10 years of driving like I have
Quote from luftrofl :On the road(not in racing, I don't race) , I don't care if somebody passes me. If I'm driving the speed limit (around town, I try to save gas), I don't care if people pass me- because nobody passes me when I'm actually pushing it

I do, however, get angry with idiotic drivers. People who clearly don't have a clue as to how to drive (most SUV drivers) but still drive way too fast for their car's ability and theirs.

My advice: just chill out and save your mind and gas for when it really matters- watching a spoiled high-school brat push too hard to keep up and wreck the expensive car his/her parents bought them.

well yes gas is important too, but driving is so addicting for sure...I don't get angry with other drivers as much cause I always find a way around them. If you think of the road like a puzzle, and know your next move before you make it it's better then tailgating somebody to rushing up for no reason....if you lived here you would understand. I guess it's an Los Angeles thing, to get where you want to go fast. But the game really brings out the best in me. It's better knowing how to drive then not...as far as the gas thing goes it's hard to save gas while driving fast, but it's more fun as bad as that might sound.
and dont you even wait until i have my little race street car..the one i have now is sh##% because it has too much body roll, but the e-brake works wonders on the front wheel drive monster
ahhow
Quote from Hankstar :Why don't you just cut to the chase and throw your license away right now, until you can learn to relax around other drivers and not treat a real street like some stupid stage from NFS? You'd be doing yourself and the residents of LA (and cops, paramedics, surgeons, taxpayers etc) a favour.

I like fast cars as much as the next guy and I'll push a bit (within reason) on a road that I know but, forgive the lame cliche, speed is for tracks. They build tracks, surprisingly, for people to speed on. You got some lame FnF fantasy going on? Sounds like it. I may have to add you to the list of FnF'ers who keep asking for neons and Tokyo Drift shit.

A good friend (one I dated for a while actually) was driving on a lonely country road at night when she was hit by a truck, the driver of which wasn't paying attention and misjudged a bend. She was a super-fit mad chick with the most insane energy and ridiculous sense of humour you could imagine - now she lives in a wheelchair, needs full time 24hr care and can only just speak for herself. She can't remember her action-packed life before the accident and I'm glad for that because thinking about it could really destroy her. This accident happened, as I said, on a lonely road at night with noone around for miles, except the truck that hit my friend. You don't need traffic to nearly kill someone. You think you're shit-hot enough to drive like an idiot on LA's roads? Grow up, my friend, and do it quickly before you join my friend in a wheelchair or put someone else's daughter there and have to apologise to her dad.

People often play games so they can do things they can't do in real life, like carjack grannies and start gang wars. But most people are sane and when they turn off the game, they don't go and do a drive-by on their neighbour. If you can't switch between reality and game mode when you're in a real car, you just shouldn't have a real car. Cars don't kill people, people with your attitude do.

It's nice that you haven't been in or caused an accident yet, good for you. Way to beat the odds. I'm sure my friend felt pretty secure on that dark country road too. I'm really glad I don't live anywhere near you.

Yeah and I know people in my family killed by drivers I know how bad it can be. I'm not an **** and never drive faster then needed, if you know your limits you wouldn't kill people, atleast thats how I see it. That person didn't know theirs and they just about kill people or worse. I hate those drivers and I'm saying I'm nothing like that, and never will be.
Quote from Hyperactive :I remember seeing this before.

Streets are not for racing. And it is plain stupid to think that you are something special behind the wheel. With that kind of attitude the odds are against you.

my friend you should be king racer in real life....I actually heard a story that somebody that was good went to practice in real race cars. And they got picked up and have a good chance at racing for nascar....i don't know why but I thought this was funny....Nascars not the same thing either but still.

sorry man I'm nuts when it comes to driving---------------->----- illepall

only some day I hope to be as good on live for speed, damn the games hard but the best at the same time.
Use the edit button. That's what it's there for =/
Honestly, I think you have a problem. Sounds like a typical road rage, you think nobody out there can drive or control their cars and you are the best driver in the world (that's what everyone behind the wheel feels anyway) and you must pass everyone because they aren't good enough. You said you don't use brakes for slowing down to traffic lights, it's not that special skill really, I use it all the time but I do care about my fellow drivers behind me and give the brake a little tad so the lights come on and they see I'm going to slow down. Not all people seems to realise that traffic is game of communication, and you have to play the game with other drivers. You have to show other drivers what are you going to do next, so using your brake lights for only a very short time is stupid in traffic because it will surprise someone too close behind you. Get help and some common sense, you are not a driving god.

edit. There is this handy multiquote feature...
#14 - CSU1
Bad timing my friend, could you AT LEAST have waited to start this topic after the holiday season where every year familys are torn apart from accidents on the road.

In my opinion you half know that you are wrong> yes keep the racing for the track, public roads at this time of year especially are noy suitable for high speed.
I lost a dear and very close friend two chrisrmas's ago, he, may his soul RIP had the exact stereotype attitude you have, silly little boy racer, he took out a jeep with a four year old and their mother.

No matter how good of a driver/you probably know how your car handles inside-out, you can not forsee the variables of public roads especially around holiday season.

My advice; don't race on public roads AT ALL, drive to your nearest industrial area and drive there where it is more likely that you aint gonna take out a family at christmas like my friend did.

Here is a pic to get you thinking my friend:[attach]Why?[/attach]
Attached images
Teaching Handbook Car Crash.jpg
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#15 - CSU1
Quote from thisnameistaken :I'm glad you live 5000+ miles away from me, you're clearly not mature enough to drive a car because you still think it's a playground game or something. Streets are for getting from one place to another, not "beating" the other drivers.

I know he is 26illepall I know 16 y/o more mature than his attitude!
I really hope that at the moment your "superior driving skills" have a blackout, you only kill yourself and not some innocent bystander. Try to blame it on the games all you want, you'll get no sympathy from me. :thumbsdow
I play on the road.

But I only do it when the roads are clear, and the chances of anything untoward happening to other people are impossibly slim. A quiet, damp roundabout is the ideal place for playing with understeer, oversteer and stuff. A blind corner on a country road at midday is not.

I will also never drive recklessly with a passenger - in my car they are my responsibility, and as such all risk taking is reduced to a minimum (cars are inherently risky things that we take for granted nowadays).

There is a time and a place for fun on the roads, and knowing that other cars, other road users and pedestrians are vulnerable to your misjudgments is a very important fact. If you feel that someone else could be hurt by your actions (even if it's your family having a phone call about your fatal accident in which no other cars were involved) then don't do those actions. If you know the worst possibly scenario is a bent wheel or a cracked bumper to your own car then I say enjoy driving.

Driving is enjoyable. I get a huge amount of pleasure from driving, whether it be holding a powerslide round a roundabout, or trying to make sure my passengers can't feel my gear changes, or simply being considerate to others around me. You don't need to go fast to enjoy driving.
I give up...I'm just trying to get the i love driving too, not that I love driving last james bond, or trying to brake the laws of speed, or not driving like you are out to kill someone...as I said just in control, not out of this world. Sorry if you guys can't understand it's not my bad
If you REALLY want to drive like that, I suggest the M40 in England at about 2.00 AM when I am driving back from Gatwick, in my coach, at 62mph.....then we will see how your 'superior' driving skills cope with a 19 tonne coach driven by a complete lunatic...ME!

I reckon that when you try to carve ME up by barging all over the road to get 'the fastest line' then the only fast track you will be on is the one to the boneyard!

Seriously, FFS grow up before you kill someone!
this aint!no war zone
Quote from tristenC :I play on the road.

But I only do it when the roads are clear, and the chances of anything untoward happening to other people are impossibly slim. A quiet, damp roundabout is the ideal place for playing with under steer, over steer and stuff. A blind corner on a country road at midday is not.

I will also never drive recklessly with a passenger - in my car they are my responsibility, and as such all risk taking is reduced to a minimum (cars are inherently risky things that we take for granted nowadays).

There is a time and a place for fun on the roads, and knowing that other cars, other road users and pedestrians are vulnerable to your misjudgments is a very important fact. If you feel that someone else could be hurt by your actions (even if it's your family having a phone call about your fatal accident in which no other cars were involved) then don't do those actions. If you know the worst possibly scenario is a bent wheel or a cracked bumper to your own car then I say enjoy driving.

Driving is enjoyable. I get a huge amount of pleasure from driving, whether it be holding a power slide round a roundabout, or trying to make sure my passengers can't feel my gear changes, or simply being considerate to others around me. You don't need to go fast to enjoy driving.

it's great you have common sense which I do to, so I can really understand what you said. I dint mean drive Bond your limit, just feel good in knowing where that is. Stupid drivers go over that limit thats why shit happens. Sorry guys but I'm not stupid like that. I believe not being in an accident ever with my driving style says something, or does that mean I'm a risk taker and I should be locked up, or it could say I wish everyone would drive with such knowledge....
One thing that kills me is that people tailgate, I just think thats the worst thing in the world and where does it get you? Other then that it's that people drive looking ahead and not everywhere and everything at once. Thats what I love so much after driving is that you have to take so much in at once. It's not easy and nobody on the road can drive with such ease as I do without being nervous and doing something wrong.
So to clear all that up I'm not a racer so to say as much as I have a passion to drive. You see the people on the motor cycles and how the really great ones drive, well thats how I like to drive, but as I said I know my limit. So people stop crying please over good drivers, because it's the bad ones that go over there limit you have to wait out for.

before i repeat myself 20 times I'll stop.....

Hey TC when do you race online cause in the year + and 45k miles..where have you been , why haven't I ever raced you or seen you online?
Quote from Blade runner :If you REALLY want to drive like that, I suggest the M40 in England at about 2.00 AM when I am driving back from Eastwick, in my coach, at 62mph.....then we will see how your 'superior' driving skills cope with a 19 tonne coach driven by a complete lunatic...ME!

I reckon that when you try to carve ME up by barging all over the road to get 'the fastest line' then the only fast track you will be on is the one to the bone yard!

Seriously, FF grow up before you kill someone!

Hey you know I have grown into a better driver and if we had the same cars, or equal it would be fun....incontol partner thats how I drive, how do you drive?

Where do you get FF?
Quote from theblackrabbi :

Hey you know I have grown into a better driver and if we had the same cars, or equal it would be fun....incontol partner thats how I drive, how do you drive?

Where do you get FF?

Copy and paste it again, and THIS time dont miss out the 'S' at the end of FFS!
If you pay that much attention to your driving, then we are in SERIOUS trouble....and just to show that I DO know what I'm talking about, I was awarded this last night! :P
Attached images
Safe Driving Diploma.jpg
Quote from Bladerunner :Copy and paste it again, and THIS time dint miss out the 'S' at the end of FF!
If you pay that much attention to your driving, then we are in SERIOUS trouble....and just to show that I DO know what I'm talking about, I was awarded this last night! :P

I'm still so confused with FF so maybe you can enlighten me dear sir?

That's really special what you have can I buy it off you? But really I would be scared if I was driving buses. I do that kinda stuff in games but it doesn't turn out so well.
Quote from theblackrabbi :I just feel that I'm Superior and it comes out in my driving.

Sorry to break it to you, dear dark coloured teacher, but you are not superior. There is no such thing as being superior to anyone - especially with a capital S. If you are a better driver or not that is a different matter and totally irrelevant to superiority.

What you got is a case of "closet road-rage" and no matter how hard you try not to disguise this as some sort of "passion" or a form of "artistry" that only the "elite can understand", in the end it's just keeps on having a distinct sense of being bullshit to it and it won't be warranting any respect what-so-ever.

Quote from theblackrabbi :It's a way of life and I can't stop until I get my Licenses suspended again.

"Again" being the keyword here. Such events just enforce people's belief that their tax money actually does get useful things done by traffic police.
Please do everyone that shares the roads with you a favor, and get off the roads or go get yourself killed without ruining another familys life as well as your own. A bit of spirited driving by yourself is one thing, but putting other peoples lives at risk to feed your own stupid ego..I just hope when your luck runs out, no-one else is involved.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG