The online racing simulator

Poll : Would you pay or not?

I would pay 20€ for Nürburgring Nordschleife
I would pay 5€ or 10€ for Laguna seca
I'm not interested paying for track addons
I would pay 5€ or 10€ for Bathurst
None of the tracks listed interest me, but I'd be willing to pay for some other track(s)
I would pay less for one of these
I would pay 5€ or 10€ for Mosport
I would pay even more for one of these
I'm poor or my mummy wouldn't allow me to buy one
Quote from Tweaker :I seriously want to try and get some connections with Laguna Seca and see if it can happen with LFS. I live not far from it, and go there quite often. I don't know who to contact, or what to do about it. But I DO know that the developers need to see the track themselves for data and accuracy (Eric would - and has said this himself). Unless they can get a plethora of data and reference pictures/videos, then I only think it could be possible. It is a lot of work to recreate a track I think... maybe even harder than making your own fantasy one.

I have seuggested to the Devs about adding Mondello Park (Irish track, its in GT Legends) before. I know the owners and i have been told by them there would be no problem in adding this track for free (maybe in exchange for some free licences for Mondello to use). I even offered to go and take all the pictures and video needed. But the Devs didn't take up my offer.
I know it's no nurburgring or leguna but it is a pretty good track and has some nice corner combo's and has some great overtaking places.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Real tracks must be very time consuming and hard to make and it must be accurate or there will be endless moaning how things should be. I would like to see some real track, and could pay for them, but I doubt it will happen. If it never happens is hard to tell, but not very soon.
Quote from thisnameistaken :And that creates a split - haves and have-nots. When all the busy servers are running Bathurst, what will the people who didn't pay for Bathurst do?

The busy servers would probably be one or two servers with more than 30 combined and little less on other servers, just like it is now. Few servers are full, some have less and rest have 4-8 racers. Of course there would the be the the period when everybody who had the track would drive it, just like it happened with the BF1. But within a month the novelty would wear off and the track would probably replace the Aston national as the most driven track.

With the cost of 20/10/5 euros I can't see it that so many would not be able to purchase it. And by looking how many people here want new content, I'm sure that the percentage of buyers would be high, but there would still be racers for other combos as always. I'm just saying that (looking at the poll results so far) pretty many of the active racers would buy the track. A launch of totally new track will of course create big waves but I can't see that it could last very long. In the end the track would be popular but not more than the BL1/FOX or AS3/GTR. From what I've heard, it might be a good thing for the US servers, for example, if the AS3/GTR is the dominant combo there

@Nikimere
I just watched some Mondello videos and the track didn't look like anything special. Just like the shorter Aston combos. One dangerous corner and the rest is the usual easy stuff...
Quote from Hyperactive :@Nikimere
I just watched some Mondello videos and the track didn't look like anything special. Just like the shorter Aston combos. One dangerous corner and the rest is the usual easy stuff...

dangerous yes, easy no
I can se now, 'ring is totaly popular and I like it too. Man I would like to hotlapp there for ever but on-line racing is problem, 1st problem is its NARROW, other problems you can find by yourself

SPA is long track too and it doesnt have any short versions, but still I like it!!!

Brands is faboulos track for HL too. BUT there is no overtaking places. I meen on short version, short one is good!!! I whatched this year DTM and BTCC there and it so hard to overtake there, only if you are 2 sec per lap faster you can take someone down!

MONACO. Eh that is prestige. If you can get that to us that will be superb. But I think it would be too expencive.

And at the final there is one track that no one has manted to now:

NORISRING. It's short, it's fast, it's city track and it's real!!! Perfect choise. Man NORISRING would be so popular if we have it in LFS
Quote from nikimere :I have seuggested to the Devs about adding Mondello Park (Irish track, its in GT Legends) before.

I know it's no nurburgring or leguna but it is a pretty good track and has some nice corner combo's and has some great overtaking places.

Mondello is great, it would offer some really close battles... It can be bloody hard at some points too.

Besides, I would quite like a hill climb...
#82 - FL!P
I love the Nordschleife, and I'd love to race it in lfs, but only in leagues with "selected" drivers. I'm afraid it wouldn't work at all for public servers. Other tracks I'd love to have are Spa, Suzuka and Silverstone (I'm surprised this one hasn't been mentioned yet, BTW).
i love the ring, valencia...quatar, but i wouldnt have them in lfs. thats part of what, in my eyes, makes lfs that much better.
donington park all the way?
I think we do not need to pay for a real track as we WILL get to a point when track owners would pay the devs to see their tracks in LFS , or at least give the licence for free.
#86 - Smax
Yes I'd like to drive around some real tracks. Of the choices in your poll I'd choose The Nordschleife and Mt Panorama [Bathhurst].

I'd also add Spa to my wishlist though.
10 - 20 for Spa.. it was Frankouchapms.. ?
#88 - Jakg
"Spa Francochamps" is it's full name
About splitting, ok.. but 10+... 20 euros is what a mcdonalds meal cost!, in any case, I wouldnt care me running Spa or other tracks alone. Devs have to make profit/a life after all out of this.

Definitelly I would pay for official extra lfs content (cars, tracks). I would also kept the program closed (as it's now) for consistency reasons.

It will also add a nice 'private-jetset-club' touch to it =).

Sorry for the engrish.
First of all: new tracks ? -> made by the Devs only.
Add ons ? -> no thank you, only want made by Devs products (c).

Pay ?
Hmm.. no, I pay for the game on its whole, I'm not going to pay €5 for this and another €5 for that, ect... I don't want a GTR/rF/moneymaking game... I want a good game, just like LFS is now.

But; I do want to pay (for example) instead of £24, 35£ if there are coming more tracks,... for the whole pack of S2 final / S3. But I'm not willing to pay for every extra track there is.
#91 - Vain
I'm actually surprised about how many people would be willing to shell out funds for the Nordschleife. 40% is pretty good for a pricetag of additional 20€.
Of course I'm one of those, but I thought that I'm just a nutter...

Well, I'm off watching Nordschleife vids. Posting link in the racing video thread.

Vain
I would pay 20€ for a complete track with all his official combinations, with high detailed modelling of the surroundings, pitlane, garages, infield, etc...

Wich one? any of these: Spa, Zolder, Laguna Seca, Jarama (my local track )

And of course, for Nurburgring, I would pay double for a high detailed model of the GP+Nordschelife will all the variations (Ring, 24H, GP, Sprint and Mullenbach)

I think is not too much if you have to pay for the licenses. In fact it is cheap if you compare add ons for Flight sims, I don't know much a bout it, but AFAIK you can pay $90 for a single plane.

@GianniC: But in LFS you actually pay for the content, you get a great sim for free (Demo) or you can pay for more content, but the sim is the same
I'm split. I'd love to drive the 'ring, but I share the concern that the "I can go faster in GT4! LFS is slow!" and all the other complaints would mean LFS can't win with it.

It's also far too long and too hard - even if everyone has the track there'll be an elite that can make it round without crashing and everyone else. It won't be a good race track for online. LAN parties or pre-arranged races maybe. For this reason the IOM TT course is also out - I've ridden it in real life and it's bad enough there. If you want to ride it then get TT Superbikes for the PS2.

I think Spa would be a more accessible track, but still open to criticism if the times don't come out close to RL. Of course, none of use are F1 drivers (?) so I wouldn't expect them to be, but you can't argue with some people.

Short/medium tracks will be more popular. Just see how many servers are set up for the 5 lap sprints. No-one seems to want races that are over 5-7mins long.
Mosport! Mosport! OH God Mosport!!! :hyper:
I'd pay for Laguna Seca and Norschleife.
Man... This threads again...

Where in the World do you live and what income do you guys have?!?!

Allways talking about paying for extra content...
Don't get me wrong, I like LFS, I've paid for it, and I don't regret that, but for the money we pay for LFS you can have games that have all that tracks!
If a few real world tracks would be added it would be a nice thing, but paying for it?!
Anyway, imo a few tracks should be added, but I don't really bother if they are real world like or not, since they are fun to race like a few we have already...
I'm willing to fork out £20 for a good quality, good looking version of the Nürburgring Nordschleife. Not exactly suitable for the common 5 min races but would definately be a lot of fun in an organised race.
If it's just another conversion of an conversion i won't pay. If it's a GPS accurate version of the current Ring, including older Ring versions derived from the todays gps data i would sure pay more then 20€.
Quote from thisnameistaken :And that creates a split - haves and have-nots. When all the busy servers are running Bathurst, what will the people who didn't pay for Bathurst do?

Well they could always drive XFG on BLGP in demo but serriously who wouldn't buy bathurst illepall

In all seriousness though saying it will split the community is a bit of an over-exageration, as the community is already split

For example, I don't touch anything other than road cars, others only drive the open wheelers, others GTRs, etc etc. Then there is some that do all cars and tracks. At the end of the day I guess it depends on what each individual wants to get out of LFS For me I actually like driving one car regularly and even don't mind sticking to one track, but then I normally can only race for an hour or two on Saturday or Sunday, so I don't find that boring

Then there is the splits that are caused by physical distance and quality of internet service which varries from country to country

In Australia I actually think having bathurst in the game would link the Assuie LFS community together stronger than it already is (it already is a strong community within LFS), as we would all buy it! and drive it regularly so therefore would more likely end up on the same servers more often
i think most of the people that are saying, dont add this and dont add that, havent been playing for that long. most have join dates of 2006. play some more, get your fill of the content thats already here, and then i bet youll want some more tracks.

im most definitly willing to pay. saves me a trip to germany. hahah. the issue about splits? what about the versions? sometime in the near future, there will be a incompatible update, if you dont update, thats on you.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG