The online racing simulator

Poll : Would you pay or not?

I would pay 20€ for Nürburgring Nordschleife
I would pay 5€ or 10€ for Laguna seca
I'm not interested paying for track addons
I would pay 5€ or 10€ for Bathurst
None of the tracks listed interest me, but I'd be willing to pay for some other track(s)
I would pay less for one of these
I would pay 5€ or 10€ for Mosport
I would pay even more for one of these
I'm poor or my mummy wouldn't allow me to buy one
Sounds pretty stupid to pay 20 € for one track if the whole game costs 35 €. Real life tracks ? Sure. Pay for it ? No
Why should we pay for real tracks if we have already bought the game? In this case the game should include the real tracks
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Why should we pay for real tracks if we have already bought the game? In this case the game should include the real tracks

License fees to use real tracks, and especially the names, cost good money. The LFS devs probably couldn't take the money from LFS sales in the hope that increase in future sales cover the investment and hopefully make profit, it's too risky. This poll was originally to map what kind of interest people in general would have on real tracks if you had to pay for them, like it should probably go. It will not happen that soon though.
My mummy won't let me...WAAAAAAAAA , but i would like northern loooop!
According to the pool the devs have made a mistake when they chose the game's price! They should have sold it for 200£
I would pay 7 Euros for SPA ^^
I am not interested in any of those tracks, but I would pay 10 or so dollars to get something different for a change, Donnigton park is great. There would be no way I would PAY to have Nürburgring in the game.... I have about 563 other games that have it already.

Oooh Spa too, fantastic track.

Hell why not Targa Florio =] I would gladly pay 40$ for the full version.
give me buckmore park circuit and a gokart in LFS pls
Quote from Dillyracer :Sounds pretty stupid to pay 20 € for one track if the whole game costs 35 €. Real life tracks ? Sure. Pay for it ? No

Take a look at Flight Sim addon prices, you would be surprised. I take LFS as a hobby more than a game, so I don't mind spending $30 or $40 per year in quality content, as I have done with other hobbies.
donington + 1
I'm not interested paying for track addons ..if there will be some tracks they need to be from the game..not with additional payment
Quote from Andrei221 :I'm not interested paying for track addons ..if there will be some tracks they need to be from the game..not with additional payment

That's what I'm talking about. OR another option: The tracks should be downloadable from different sites (e.g. lfs.net) just like in GTR2
Voted NO.

I really like the fantasy tracks we already have and as far as I can see there is just no real use for creating RL tracks
Racing is racing and a good virtual track is probably more fun than a bad RL track. Being side by side with any other car is the thrill for me and if it's a real track does not change that feeling. If the track is real is actually the last on my mind at that precise moment

In my opinion RL tracks are more for hotlapping and comparing times with real cars then anything else.

Actual racing and the thrill of racing can be had on any track, as long as it is good (and of course real tracks can be suitable).
I just do not see the need for them in LFS and would not pay extra for them.
For laguna seca the only thing that we may need is a reproduction of the corkscrew! We don't need the whole track. Just a fictionnal one with smething similar
Quote from jamesrowe :I would pay €20 for Nürburgring! Imagine the online racing/fun you could have! Like in RL!

-1 Online nurby in GPL was the most boring track to race on. Give me aston cadet any day for close competitive racing. On Nurby after 5 monutes you never saw anyone (except maybe buried in a hedge) you might as well have been hotlapping.
Quote from Eldanor :Take a look at Flight Sim addon prices, you would be surprised. I take LFS as a hobby more than a game, so I don't mind spending $30 or $40 per year in quality content, as I have done with other hobbies.

Flight Sim is more Offline than online, here we are talking about a full online expirience.

Let me put it this way, LFS S3 with real life tracks in the game and not as addons for the price of €50, but not an LFS S3 with a downloadable real life track for €15. This would completely ruin online expirience. As example : "That looks a good server to me, oh no, I must give away another €5 before I can play it."

This would ruin LFS even more than open modding idea. I'm fully against it.
No add-ons ever. Either for all or not at all, this is what kills rfactor.
While I would be willing to pay for them, the inclusion of real life tracks may not necessarily be a good thing.

Too many people are going to gripe about every little inconsistency because such and such game did it better, or they drove that track in real life and LFS got it all wrong, etc.

One of the best things about LFS is the fact that most of the cars and tracks are not real. The developers don't have to waste their collective energies in recreating real-life tracks and cars. Instead, they can focus on more important aspects in the game that please the community as a whole.

I have nothing but praise for the tracks we have now and I look forward to seeing some new "fantasy" tracks released in the future.
Wholeheartedly agree with PlusP
Quote from PlusP :One of the best things about LFS is the fact that most of the cars and tracks are not real. The developers don't have to waste their collective energies in recreating real-life tracks and cars. Instead, they can focus on more important aspects in the game that please the community as a whole.

One of the best things is that people have no easy way to gauge the realism of what is supposed to be a simulation of real life driving? If people could identify where the sim fails at doing something right then it would be easier to correct it and make it better. Unless you want to say making a realistic sim is a waste of time and the devs should just make something fun so they can make money.
Quote from Mike85 :I would be willing to pay for some real tracks if thats what it takes to make them. But in the long run, that wouldnt be good. In the long run the tracks should be part of the price of the game.

Erm...did you edit your post heavily. Like it had said we should already have few tracks, and the cheap way to have them is making replicas and rename them, and that Eric has been utterly lazy because we haven't seen anything from him lately? Plus something I can't remember about rain night and such.
I'd be willing to pay anything up to 20€ for Bathurst. Laguna Seca & Nordschleife.. Well, I don't think I'd be racing on them that much, after all Laguna Seca is just the corkscrew, and The Green Hell is just too hard to have competitive racing on it.

And paying for the tracks, the only way it could be done would be to donate the money. With that money the devs could then acquire the
license(s) and everyone would get the track(s). Paying for the track wouldn't work since it would without a doubt divide the community into smaller parts.

But I don't think there'll be any real tracks in LFS before the devs lose interest and open up the game for mods. In fact, I'm afraid getting the next new imaginary track into LFS might be years away
Quote from southamptonfc :No add-ons ever. Either for all or not at all, this is what kills rfactor.

Yeah, like modding also totally killed Half-Life...
Quote from deggis :Yeah, like modding also totally killed Half-Life...

well lets be honest, who actually plays half life itself now Uhmm

but i do somewhat agree, the rampid modding in RFactor killed its ability to be developed by its developers, now they have to make a whole new version every time, kinda ruins the moving foward progress of lfsNod

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG