The online racing simulator

Poll : Would you pay or not?

I would pay 20€ for Nürburgring Nordschleife
I would pay 5€ or 10€ for Laguna seca
I'm not interested paying for track addons
I would pay 5€ or 10€ for Bathurst
None of the tracks listed interest me, but I'd be willing to pay for some other track(s)
I would pay less for one of these
I would pay 5€ or 10€ for Mosport
I would pay even more for one of these
I'm poor or my mummy wouldn't allow me to buy one
Quote from DodgeRacer :well lets be honest, who actually plays half life itself now Uhmm

Game Current Players Current Servers Player Minutes/ Month

Counter-Strike 144,008 95,070 7.583 billion
Counter-Strike Condition Zero 15,458 13,165 911.482 million
Day of Defeat 5,215 1,810 243.372 million

still a hell of a lot!
Quote from DodgeRacer :well lets be honest, who actually plays half life itself now Uhmm

Just an example, maybe the best one. After all, Counter-Strike (which sucks but that's not the point) was mod and now it's probably the best known video game right next to Super Mario.

Then let's use GPL, Nascar N2003 or RBR as an example how modding kept and still keeps the games alive?

Quote :but i do somewhat agree, the rampid modding in RFactor killed its ability to be developed by its developers

but rFactor was made to be a modding platform.
Nordschleife ftw!

I'd be willing to pay around £1-5 for an addon including extra tracks, including real ones.
I think if it were done like this devs could attain licenses and maybe even more sponsors for the game and great publicity.
i like the laguna seca track ... but i may not pay anything, but whatever
all i want is Hungaroring... Nod
Quote from deggis :but rFactor was made to be a modding platform.

Wrong. rFactor is a quarter finished game without content encryption. If you intend to release a "modding platform", then you have to provide much more documentation and not leave your product in a state that needs years of research and the knowledge of a PhD till something usable comes out of it (mods using carFactory + realFeel).
Ok. I kidnapped Scawen´s nose. I will give it back to him after we get 2 new oval tracks. Within the next 2 weeks. So hurry up! Big grin
Attached images
scawensnose.jpg
Quote from StableX :Game Current Players Current Servers Player Minutes/ Month

Counter-Strike 144,008 95,070 7.583 billion
Counter-Strike Condition Zero 15,458 13,165 911.482 million
Day of Defeat 5,215 1,810 243.372 million

still a hell of a lot!

lol apparently I didn't spell out that I was being sarcastic enough Razz

But i'm sticking to my guns on the rfactor debate, they wouldnt have toted it as the best race sim of all time if they had simply intended it to be a new nascar heat.
i would really love to see some of those RL tracks... i dont mind paying for the extra content..

but what i really care about is that i would like LFS to stay a closed project without add ons and stuff like that, it´ll surely kill the game.

i´d rather have 1 really well made RL track made by the devs... than 100 add ons, where only 2 or 3 are good enough....

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG