The online racing simulator
About three to five, some sh*tty thing on a vhs with coastline-driving on it, and you moved a little car on a bar with a wheel, dodging a little bit of traffic... After some time, you lost anyways... After that, it was Monaco GP on the Sega Mega Drive, which basically drove for you, you just chose the lanes and in very tight corners, you had to help turning through the bend... The first racing game I really played on a computer was Whacky Wheels at the age of thirteen or so...
does the windows 95 bumpercart game count?
that was a great game i was like 6 years or so so that was lemme count
in 1998
Quote from Madman_CZ :
There was a game where you would drive around a city GTA style, it had pedestrians, other cars, traffic lights and so on.. cant exactly remember what i had to do but i remember there was pink cars which you would have to chase... I was about 7-8 when i first set my eyes on this car game.... ok so it wasnt a racing game but it still had cars in it and you could go fast.. maybe some one here will remember the name of it. Outrun was another game that I have played....

LOTUS TURBO ESPRIT I also played that a lot. Ohhh brings back memories.

Outrun was very cool too, so was Spy Hunter

EDIT: Could find only this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbo_Esprit

Holy crap...20 years ago. Makes me feel old
Quote from bbman :... The first racing game I really played on a computer was Whacky Wheels at the age of thirteen or so...

I remember that, it was the Mario Kart but with animals wasn't it?? Was playing that at Uni back in about '94/'95 when I should have been paying more attention to the studies
about 4 or 5 game was world gran prix...juast found it for download memories...

EDIT: DAMN thing won't lemme dl it :'( (broken link)
The very first would have to be Night Drivin for the Atari 2600, not much of a game just bunch of white blocks coming at you. Then there was a F1 game for the intellavision (remember those?). and of course countless hours on rad racer. The first real pc race game I played was Micropose F1 GP. It was pretty good for the early 90's but I was playing with the keyboard so im not sure if I ever completed a lap without meeting the wall:ouch:
Indycar by Papy on PC was the first one I bought years ago at age 7/8 ish..? First time I played it was in 2003 at 14

Megadrive games like Lotus... thingy and Outrun on PC were my earliest racing games. Then TOCA Touring Cars 1, NFS Hot Pursuit and didn't really get back into racing games until LFS.

Now I own LFS, NFSMW, F12006, OutRun 2006, Midnight Club 3... LFS turned me back into a racing game obssessive! :P
Quote from mr_x :the origional Outrun... I think I was about 4 or 5

Me too, but I was about 18 at the time

The first computer racing game I owned was RAC Rally on 5.25" floppy disk and played it on my Amstrad 1640 PC with a VGA colour display and 20MB Hard drive!!! :wow:

<edit> Just reading some of the recent posts it reminded me that I vaguely remember playing Pole Position in the cinema in about '81... along with the original Space Invaders (table top version).
ehm...anyone heard of zx spectrum? Stunt Car Racer was my first racing game...at about 5 years old...
on PC - papyrus Nascar Racing and Destruction Derby in one day (7 year old...I think)
and then the panasonic's 3do console THE Need For Speed...
must admit...still am a Fan of the original NFS...
Chequered Flag on the Speccy for me too. 1982-ish, so I would have been errrrrrr 24.
My first racing game that I can remember (and still have) is Need for Speed II, I got it when it came out, and I'm 15 now so I don't know how long ago that was but I am holding the cd in my hands now.
#63 - Gunn
Night Driver by Atari in 1976. I was ten years old and remember playing it at the Stafford Skating Rink in Brisbane. Kids today wouldn't put their coinage in this thing I'm sure.
Quote from Gunn :Night Driver by Atari in 1976. I was ten years old and remember playing it at the Stafford Skating Rink in Brisbane. Kids today wouldn't put their coinage in this thing I'm sure.

Wow, I remember that from an old games room on a french camp site I stayed at in the mid 80's. I certainly put a few francs into that machine

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG