The online racing simulator
Quote from dawesdust_12 :This is f--ked, I still haven't recieved my wheel and its been a bloody month, and like 2 weeks from them "recieving it" and now they won't recieve it until the 15th!. I wish there was another retailer in canada that had it as cheap.

What are you paying for your no show? I've had an order from Sept. at $234 but gave in and paid $279 and got it right away. In the end the diff would have been $25 because of tax shipping etc. One was local one wasn't.

Anyway I got it from here within 3 days: http://www.canadacomputers.com ... pid=011550&cid=PE.468
Quote from DanneDA :I know whats going to happen once I get to T1 the first time i run this the H-gate: Press down the wrong pedal and go into the wall. I just hope I wont have anyone in front of me when that happens.

yep, been there done it many times, foot on the clutch when it should be on the brake
Quote from Paul_McCluskey :yep, been there done it many times, foot on the clutch when it should be on the brake

I'm going to change my number plate from MRFELL to G25 Noob
HURRAH!! IT TURNED UP!

I really love the shifter!! hahah promised myself I'd go to the gym before setting it up though! damn it! illepall
The box is tiny isn't it! Half the size of the Momo's, yet with twice the 'stuff'! Amazing!
Quote from tristancliffe :The box is tiny isn't it! Half the size of the Momo's, yet with twice the 'stuff'! Amazing!

I must admit, I was concerned something was missing when I fist saw the box!!! Perhaps the pedals came seperately.
Quote from tristancliffe :The box is tiny isn't it! Half the size of the Momo's, yet with twice the 'stuff'! Amazing!

Yeah it's packed in the same way as the DFP, very well thought out... the nice cardboard logitech box that was outside the flash box will be v useful too for storing stuff!

will take a pic of my setup in a sec (screw the gym!!)
Here we go, tried the shifter on the keyboard tray but the tray moved about too much in and out etc lol

When i first saw the Postmen with that tiny box, i wanted to send him to hell But what realy amazed me is that my room stinks like a chemical fabric after unpacking the wheel. And the wheel still smells bad, after about a week.
Blah, called the store and they haven't received their G25 shipment of today. Seems like I'm going to be wheel'less over this weekend. My typical luck. :guilty:
Ok, I ordered one, too Looking at the availability of this baby, I guess this is going to be my christmas present to myselft, though

Robster, you put that shifter on the wrong side
Tracking site now show that it is in Stockholm South, arrived there at 3pm, Now it just need to find it's way to me near the west coast, should be there in 24 hours.
Quote from tpa :

Robster, you put that shifter on the wrong side

Hahaha was waiting for that!
according to logitech, they are available at best buys in New York. I havent called the ones near me.
-
(glyphon) DELETED by glyphon
Has anyone screwed the pedals to the floor? I see holes that I think would accomodate this. I have my setup in a closet with a wood floor so I'd love to just screw them straight down. Worried about taking the cover off the pedals to do it though...
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from ChaseMe :Has anyone screwed the pedals to the floor? I see holes that I think would accomodate this. I have my setup in a closet with a wood floor so I'd love to just screw them straight down. Worried about taking the cover off the pedals to do it though...

It works the other way around: the holes you see in the bottom are threaded to accept a M6X1 machine screw. The intent is to allow the Pedals to be attached to a board (counter sink the screw heads!), or attached to the metal frame of a sim seat. Please read the instructions (templets) to make sure you do not use too long a screw and damage the Top Case of your pedal set!
How do I change from H shift to sequential?
turn the switch around, it gets just past half way, then stops. cant turn it futher. lever has moved back then, seems to want to go further back as i turn the switch, but it cant. :s

edit: ahhhh, push down stick...

Had a little play so far, all feels very nice. Strange as i havent used a wheel for >6 weeks tho . Slightly noisier turning one way then the other, which will hopefully solve itself sometime.
I think there is a software problem.

Using windows xp professional after installing the software for G25 it started acting strange. Tried installing on my laptop toshiba using win xp pro and it said there was a problem installing the hardare bit it did install it did the same on the PC. Removed the sofware on the laptop and tried after closing the anti virus (CA Associates) and installed again it went through fine and at the end asked to restart which is good sign noticed the FF at 200% was quite a lot and it seems just fine on Laptop.
Reinstalled win xp pro on the PC and tried to install but it wont again ask to restart on a fresh install of xp on PC.
I think there is a problem.
I must be mad. I reordered it late last night thinking it will be out of stock.
and today its on its way.
Quote from mcman :It works the other way around: the holes you see in the bottom are threaded to accept a M6X1 machine screw. The intent is to allow the Pedals to be attached to a board (counter sink the screw heads!), or attached to the metal frame of a sim seat. Please read the instructions (templets) to make sure you do not use too long a screw and damage the Top Case of your pedal set!

Ah I see that makes more sense. I notice the wheel has something similar on the base. I'll have to check this out some more!
Got mine this morning - at first I thought it was something else till I noticed the Logi tape, the box is much smaller than I thought.

First impressions - love it. The wheel is quality - didn't expect much of an improvement from the DFP but it definately is. Shifter isn't half bad neither are the pedals. Only two minor annoyances - had to open up the pedals and tighten the throttle arm down as it was excessively loose, and the right paddle had a rough edge which cut my finger, but a quick bit of sanding fixed that. Oh and the clutch spring feels a bit too stiff but meh its all good.
Yeay!!! :haha:
Attached images
Photo-0016.jpg
Is it me or are the brake and clutch pedal the distance apart that the brake and accelerator pedal should be?
Attached images
12102006(009).jpg
Quote from Leifde :Is it me or are the brake and clutch pedal the distance apart that the brake and accelerator pedal should be?

I thought that too..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG