The online racing simulator
new slowmotion movie
(105 posts, started )
Beautiful...simply beautiful
Why it has to be short?

it just just beautiful to watch.
This is such good advertising for LFS... fantastic Don.

Edit: and damn, how proud the devs must be if they see this.... :faint:
Wow, I knew I must download this when I saw thread title
Downloading.
I love it but it would be even nicer if the camera would follow the interesting part. The way it is now, the tyres and wheels are mostly blurred or not really sharp. Also there were some situations where parts of the tyres were hidden by some track part that was closer to the camera.
Maybe the GTI setup could be a bit softer aswell (no ARBs).
#31 - Don
Quote from ORION :I love it but it would be even nicer if the camera would follow the interesting part. The way it is now, the tyres and wheels are mostly blurred or not really sharp. Also there were some situations where parts of the tyres were hidden by some track part that was closer to the camera.

how do you want to do that? impossible. Following a car with SHIFT+U cam gives you very "shaky" image.
Quote from ORION :I love it but it would be even nicer if the camera would follow the interesting part.

I think the motion of the cars is accented nicely in all scenes by the fact that the camera is stationary. A moving camera would reduce the effect and have your eyes "busy" with other things instead of watching the suspension motion and tyre deformation.

It's almost like being on a race circuit, kneeling behind a barrier and watching through a still camera's viewfinder waiting for the perfect angle to shoot.
Quote from Don :how do you want to do that? impossible. Following a car with SHIFT+U cam gives you very "shaky" image.

Hm I have never tried to do that

Quote from xaotic :A moving camera would reduce the effect and have your eyes "busy" with other things instead of watching the suspension motion and tyre deformation.

Actually I think the effect would be the opposite
With the video like its now, the eye is busy all the time to follow the wheel movement (in the direction the car is moving, not the suspension travel and tyre deformation), which is the thing you are looking at. Nobody will look at the background - the eye can only focus on points and the rest gets rather blurred out (less optically but more "attention-wise").
DoN, You have made me speechless again !
I love this movie, love LFS, Love Coldplay and love mood of LFS movies, which only You are able to create ( well, maybe JoeCool and others are able to do it also but in definitely other way than You ).

Absolutely fantastic DoN

My rating - 9.7/10
it almost looks like you didnt have to countersteer much at all with the lx and the tyre deformation slowed the rotation
I found this movie so good, I put it on my cell to watch it when I get bored!
That is truly amazing.
I do have a few critiscms.
1. I think it would have been better with a more, like, classical kind of "look at this it's amazing!" kind of music. Anybody heard of Juno Reactor-Navras. Was used for the Matrix Revolutions Soundtrack. I mean that kind of music.
2. A critiscm that has already been pointed out. This is an amazing video and it really shows how detailed LFS is and how much the car goes through whilst driving but it's too short. I think you should make a 3 minute ersion. At least make it last a full song.

Because of these critiscms i'm going for a 8.7/10. If it was longer and used better music it would be extremely close to a 10. Possibly a 9.5.

Also, does anyone know where I can get my hands on the other Slow motion vids made by Don. I find them truly awesome and i've only seen the BF1 and FXO one.
reaaly awesome Don, did u used FRAPS ? and wat software u used ? i use Sony Vegas 6 but i'm lookin' for something better
He probably used Fraps, and I'd hazard a guess he's a Adobe Premiere Pro man. Or perhaps Pinnacle Studio. His movies don't have the look of a Sony Vegas production.

But Vegas is very powerful, so unless you don't like using it, stick with it. In many ways it's much better than Premiere or Pinnacle. I used Vegas for my This is S2 video.
Wow what a great movie. Some kind of art. The calmness (Is it called like this?? ) is so relaxing. It is perfect smooth and the camera work is fantastic!

Lot of respect!

Micha
#42 - Don
thanks to all

@dany_five> i used fraps+premiere, but it doesnt matter. You could do the same movie with windows movie maker, there are no special effects (except a bit of colors adjusting, nothing heavy)
Quote from Don :how do you want to do that? impossible. Following a car with SHIFT+U cam gives you very "shaky" image.

by doing as i suggested you... custom cam.
-
(HittiS) DELETED by HittiS
Quote from Don :thanks to all

@dany_five> i used fraps+premiere, but it doesnt matter. You could do the same movie with windows movie maker, there are no special effects (except a bit of colors adjusting, nothing heavy)

So the fact I see the car and some of the image double in a bad colour has nothing to do with the movie? I knew it wasn't right, because when I watch it on my cell it doesn't do that.. But then it's hackling sometimes
#45 - Don
sry, i dont understand but it sounds like a problem on your side. (codecs?)
Quote from Don :sry, i dont understand but it sounds like a problem on your side. (codecs?)

I'll try to find a way to show you, and I'll try to explain better what I see.

At the start, there is a pinkish car coming towards the camera, I see that one clear, but nexto it, there is yellowish car, a bit transparant, doing the same thing, just a bit off-set, when it comes closer I start to see the same on the other side too. Very weird. I had a DIVX update yesterday though, don't know if that could be it.

I opened the movie in windows movie maker, and I'm trying to save it now, inside movie player there seems to be no problem.

Lol, the car is yellow..
Quote from nutty boy :Also, does anyone know where I can get my hands on the other Slow motion vids made by Don. I find them truly awesome and i've only seen the BF1 and FXO one.

http://don.vn.cz/
Awesome, just awesome.
Quote from Dany_Five :reaaly awesome Don, did u used FRAPS ? and wat software u used ? i use Sony Vegas 6 but i'm lookin' for something better

You must be already quite skilled in video editing (and because you are asking this, I doubt it ) if Sony Vegas doesn't fulfill your needs. I actually found Vegas easier to use from the beginning than adobe Premiere, maybe it's just a presonal preference.

Adobe Premiere is the only better one there is (or newer version Sony Vegas 7.0).
Quote from HittiS :Can't wait until the whole 12 minutes long "Live for Speed - Slowmotion The Movie" with all cars is finished.

Is there really one of them in production or are you pulling our legs.

I want proof.

new slowmotion movie
(105 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG