The online racing simulator
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :my triangles are squares?

/me starts singing and crap air guitar ensues

As these days pass
Under ground
Breathe the air
(and first person to recognise the song gets a cookie)

On topic: The minimap, IMO should flash triangles in the area when there is a yellow flag there. Or, alternatively, mark off the splits on the map and display that section yellow if there is a crash there. Please. Please.
When selecting track, the checkpoints appear (as lines) on the layouts.
Should be good to see those lines on the ingame minimaps too.
Hm?
a cra which drives into the wrong direction (whyever) should have a red triangle so we know danger is coming up.
Quote from FlintFredstone :I dont think we need a 1st, 2nd, 3rd colour, i dont see the point, there iether infront of you or behind you, or lapping or leading.

(Car is <as follows>)
Infront (on same lap) - Yellow
Infront (many laps) - BrightYellow
Behind (on same lap) - Green
Behind (many laps) - BrightGreen
Infront (you being shown blue flag) - Flashing Yellow/Blue or BrightYellow/Blue if many laps
Behind (them being shown blue flag) - Flashing Green/Red or BrightGreen/Red if many laps
Leader (on same lap) - Orange
Leader (many laps) - BrightOrange
Leader (you being shown the blue flag) - Flashing Orange/Blue or BrightOrange/Blue if many laps
AI Infront (on same lap) - Purple
AI Infront (many laps) - BrightPurple
AI Behind (on same lap) - Pink
AI Behind (many laps) - BrightPink
AI Behind (them being shown blue flag) - Flashing Pink/Red or BrightPink/Red if many laps
AI Infront (you being shown blue flag) - Flashing Purple/Blue or BrightPurple/Blue if many laps
Own Car - Brown

Simon

I think that: 1- the autox and car park maps should come back (u20) and 2- in the little triangle it should have the players position (when you put the cursor near a player it makes it biggeror somethin galon those lines) (btw triangles are u20)
I liked the Auto X map because it is useful for showing if sombody is coming when you cannot visually see them. I have pulled right out infront of people doing up to 200KPH and ruined their race just because there was no way to tell that the person was coming.illepall

Showing dots coming and going around the pit area would be nice, it does not have to extend past the pits very far.
I only need to know with dot color who is in front and who is behind. I do not care about who is first. It could be abused to target leaders in the race and crash them too easily.

I wouldn't even mind if the minimap would completely disappear and you would be relying on mirrors/flags/whatever to know where you are.
If I can see the car driving in front of me I'm ok and will try to pass that car. There's not a lot more information needed than that.

On the other hand I do use it when leaving the pit or trying to get back on track after a crash. So maybe an autoactivation of the minimap when leaving the tarmac or being in the pits could be used.

Just my 0.02.
well why dont u just use the turn on/turn off setting for the map? eh?
I think the current map is fine the way it is. Yellow are the cars ahead of you in the race, orange are the cars behind you. If you're not sure wether a car is on the same lap, watch the split times.
Quote from scurrg :I think the current map is fine the way it is. Yellow are the cars ahead of you in the race, orange are the cars behind you. If you're not sure wether a car is on the same lap, watch the split times.

That's the point.. shouldn't have to watch the split times.. what if you don't want names above cars on screen?

In REAL LIFE you have a spotter or communication with pit. The mini map is a way of replicating that.
Quote from abz1 :
1. you are dark green
2. anyone who is 1 lap or more ahead of you is red
3. anyone who is on the same lap as you is light green
4. anyone who is 1 lap or more behind you is blue

I agree with this. More colors will make the minimap confusing, but it's really important to know who's on the same lap and who's not. It's not like I have a pit crew, team, copilot,... to keep an eye on everything.

Four colors is just fine. The exact colors don't matter at this point. Maybe Scawen can make them customizable (through the config so he doesn't need to redo to GUI).
It would be important to make the race safer, it think.
I never know who is ahead me when i start from pits, and the race is started before.
Sometimes some slower car is ahead me, i pass and get blue flag, i have to allow to pass, and im slowing him twice. so its a good idea.
I think should be some yellow flag sign on the map too, next to the car that causes yellow flag.
no minimap on autocross is just a undevelopment or so to say deleted feature and can ruin loads of races because you don't see standing/crashed/spun cars at all...
Quote from Fischfix :no minimap on autocross is just a undevelopment or so to say deleted feature and can ruin loads of races because you don't see standing/crashed/spun cars at all...

Well, at most AutoX, you're supposed to go out alone and set a time... Not play CnR on it...
there should be an option to show or hide the map whatdoya think?
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :there should be an option to show or hide the map whatdoya think?

Ummmm

Options ---> Display ---> Show Small Map (yes or no)
Yes but what im saying is for the small map to be on autocross and whatever else it it perminetally off and make it an option to turn the small map off in autox
never noticed it before, but the map is changing the color when changing for example from cockpit (light gray) to "wheels" view (dark gray).

Is there any special reason for it?
Perhaps if the map was dark gray in cockpit, it would blend with the roof.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Perhaps if the map was dark gray in cockpit, it would blend with the roof.

There should be a way to change it to ones custom cockpit position.
Attached images
MAP.jpg
Someone suggested that in the Test Patch thread. Some may find it useful, I personally would prefer customization of everything, set by x and y values from a set point (such as left side, and top, or right side and bottom).
Quote from bbman :Well, at most AutoX, you're supposed to go out alone and set a time... Not play CnR on it...

as long as it is possible to run normal races there, it should be possible to have that minimap there. if they will delete the multiple starting positions on carpark and autoX as well, i think this will piss a lot of people off

so isn't it possible to keep the old drawing-style on the autoX tracks and on the other just the new one? i mean this is modular programming... call the other function or so...
I had a thought last night. I don't think anyone's suggested it. The map is often covered up by chat text, so how about having a key that would raise the map to the top (ie. above chat messages) when it is held down? Exactly like ctrl + shift does for the frame rate/time and LFSW names. Then seeing it, say, when exiting the pits will be no problem at all, however much chat text there is.
Quote from andy29 :I had a thought last night. I don't think anyone's suggested it. The map is often covered up by chat text, so how about having a key that would raise the map to the top (ie. above chat messages) when it is held down? Exactly like ctrl + shift does for the frame rate/time and LFSW names. Then seeing it, say, when exiting the pits will be no problem at all, however much chat text there is.

Yes this would be good , have been thinking this too.. there can be many situations on public servers when map would be good to see.
Holy wow, December 06? Where did the year go!?

Anyway, I just have the map on the right now

Spinoff : Small map (top left track display)
(100 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG