The online racing simulator
lol dual monitors
(76 posts, started )
too much $$ :P
Black Bar Solution
Edit: Added your quote Steve..
Quote :got bored and thought id try out something different.. black bar in the way is pretty gay though.

You dont like the black bar in the middle ??

How about this as a solution. Change your custom cam and make the bar supposed to be in the middle - use the car interior as a guide.

Maybe put the screens at a small angle on the join for more realism.

This is my first post so be nice. Nice work on your rig. Im jealous. Hope this helps.
----------------------------------------------
EDIT: Um sorry, this probably wont work..
http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=15044&d=1155945820
Looking at what you are trying to achieve - my lame attempt looses the passenger side view. (And my example was right hand drive - sorry about confusing people)

I've only got one monitor so its hard to emulate and figure out a solution. I'll find a spare one somewhere. I'll post if i can figure out a way. Dont hold ya breath.

Maybe try lots of smoke and mirrors to get rid of it. Like the old school arcade games.
----------------------------------------------
EDIT: I found a solution for me. hehe. 22" Wide Bliss
Attached images
desk01.jpg
solution_split_screen.jpg
Great to watch, what pedals are you using, as it appears from your driving, you are heel and toeing?
That is cool i wanna do it
Quote from mrfell :Great to watch, what pedals are you using, as it appears from your driving, you are heel and toeing?

ya i was, but seems there wasnt enough light lol.. just some homeade pedals im using for now from 2 pedals sets lol
Please tell me what mods where done to the Wheel?

Is the gearshift the mod or add on?

I see you have skid marks and such on the tar and it looks good. Mine is all set to high - what am I missing?

Looks really good.
Quote from Cue-Ball :Excellent video! Would you mind giving some details about the size of monitors you were using and your wheel setup (I'm assuming it's a DFP with a hacked wheel)?

I myself use a projector and would never want to go back to a regular computer screen. Having a huge screen is just SO more immersive. Though, I must admit that I really do miss having the 120* view that I had when running a Parhelia.

Whats a 'hacked' wheel? I have the same wheel and can do with some work. Not keen on spending on a new one.

Thanks.
Quote from Chazaxxl :Whats a 'hacked' wheel?

A Driving Force Pro with the standard steering wheel removed, then a new hub and real automotive steering wheel put in its place. This allows you to have a full size wheel just like a real car. The drawback is that normal steering wheels don't have buttons all over them, so you have to rewire the playstation buttons and hat control elsewhere, or just do without them at all.
Thanks for the info. Any ideas how to get the gfx as nice as his? I dont see skidmarks and such on mine.
I got two 2
I recently got another "19 monitor as a gift for fixing up some stuff at a neighbors house, and it was the exact same model as my first one, lol. I also got annoyed with the black bar though, so I took apart the case, and mounted just the screens on a metal stand I made and bolted to the back of my desk. It cut a good half-inch off the black bar's thickness. You should try it, its not hard to do, theres nothing in a monitor case - they're just big to vent air. All there is is the flat panel and a power module, but those are actually bolted together and protected anyway. Either that or just shave off the left and right sides of your monitor cases and push them closer together.
WOW you give your shifter a serious workout, i wonder if the G25 can withstand the same use?
haha ive rebuilt it about 20 times over the years..
thats class.imm setting up similer on 42 inch plazma.hope it works out ok ill put up vid asap
Quote from Stang70Fastback :I recently got another "19 monitor as a gift for fixing up some stuff at a neighbors house, and it was the exact same model as my first one, lol. I also got annoyed with the black bar though, so I took apart the case, and mounted just the screens on a metal stand I made and bolted to the back of my desk. It cut a good half-inch off the black bar's thickness. You should try it, its not hard to do, theres nothing in a monitor case - they're just big to vent air. All there is is the flat panel and a power module, but those are actually bolted together and protected anyway. Either that or just shave off the left and right sides of your monitor cases and push them closer together.

Im thinking about doing that if I can find 2 cheap screens.

- can you post some pics of your screens??
Spun out
hehe naw, didnt want a whole video of drift :P

lol dual monitors
(76 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG