The online racing simulator
lol dual monitors
(76 posts, started )
#1 - steve
lol dual monitors
got bored and thought id try out something different.. black bar in the way is pretty gay though. Click here to see Video
that look down right sweet!
duuuuude you sure can drift
#4 - steve
Ever tried the game with a 13" wheel and 900 degree rotation and actually using full lock to lock?
Heheh steve, the SO racing with XFR looks real from cockpit. All bright and cool looking.

Steve is a pro-drifter when it comes to LFS though no doubt
#6 - steve
haha cmon now we both know I wasnt in the right state of mind
The 80's called and asked for their tank top back!
#8 - steve
hey now! its like +30C here not including the humidex which makes it almost 40C

off to the doctors i go for more testing :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
physical or mental?
Quote from steve :got bored and thought id try out something different.. black bar in the way is pretty gay though. Click here to see Video

now thats is really cool dude.It looks so immersive from that video.
What is your rig actually?Would be possible to get hi-res version of this video?

P.S:I would wish to have the money to get such a screens.You have to really enjoy LFS racing on this setup.
Quote from Xaid0n :physical or mental?

physical, im most likey dying.

Hi-res you say? I could do that.. but itll be like 100+mb and got nowhere to host it thats been majorly cropped too, it was 720x400 widescreen originally.
Quote from steve :physical, im most likey dying.

Hi-res you say? I could do that.. but itll be like 100+mb and got nowhere to host it thats been majorly cropped too, it was 720x400 widescreen originally.

Guys could someone provide him a space.I would like to see that immersive action really in better quality.I really enjoyed it watching.

100Mb is no problem for me to download if the hosting will have decent upload speed like 500KB/sec+
Excellent video! Would you mind giving some details about the size of monitors you were using and your wheel setup (I'm assuming it's a DFP with a hacked wheel)?

I myself use a projector and would never want to go back to a regular computer screen. Having a huge screen is just SO more immersive. Though, I must admit that I really do miss having the 120* view that I had when running a Parhelia.
I cant seem to find a good program or encoder that will let me keep the fast action on the monitors like the original unedited file they all come out slow looking.
Quote from Cue-Ball :Excellent video! Would you mind giving some details about the size of monitors you were using and your wheel setup (I'm assuming it's a DFP with a hacked wheel)?

I myself use a projector and would never want to go back to a regular computer screen. Having a huge screen is just SO more immersive. Though, I must admit that I really do miss having the 120* view that I had when running a Parhelia.

Using my old 21"CRT and my 19"Samsung 940BW, colors dont really match the greatest, but I just wanted to try it out i think i got mine set on around 108*
Hey steve, great video. i also run dual monitors (2x17" CRTs) and really want to try this. But i sadly cannot as i have an ATI (x800XT-PE) card.
ATI don't actually share the monitors. the primary monitor takes all the usage and if i was to put anything 3d (in this case stretch LFS over) it gets REALLY chuggy (about 1.8 FPS)

I assume you're running an Nvidia card because they are light years ahead ATI with their dual monitor support.
As much as i'd love to do a two or three head display, i'd need to find some cheaper screens for the ancillery display.

I wonder, would it be easier to drive with the view horizontally offset so that one monitor becomes the primary display and the other monitor is more for looking right?

I just couldn't cope with the black bar tbh, maybe that would meen i'd need 3 screens, but if the horizontal shift could work, that'd do me.
Quote from alco64 :Hey steve, great video. i also run dual monitors (2x17" CRTs) and really want to try this. But i sadly cannot as i have an ATI (x800XT-PE) card.
ATI don't actually share the monitors. the primary monitor takes all the usage and if i was to put anything 3d (in this case stretch LFS over) it gets REALLY chuggy (about 1.8 FPS)

I assume you're running an Nvidia card because they are light years ahead ATI with their dual monitor support.

ati 850xt pe

Quote from Becky Rose :As much as i'd love to do a two or three head display, i'd need to find some cheaper screens for the ancillery display.

I wonder, would it be easier to drive with the view horizontally offset so that one monitor becomes the primary display and the other monitor is more for looking right?

I just couldn't cope with the black bar tbh, maybe that would meen i'd need 3 screens, but if the horizontal shift could work, that'd do me.

I tried, does not work needs to be another view option I think, I requested it in the improvements forums and that black bar is horrible lol.
Interesting video. Watching it, I soon forgot that a bar is even present in the middle, you just dont concentrate on it.
Nice wid, what wheel is that?
Funny. I was watching the vid, looking at your monitors and looking at my monitor. Looks like we use the same thing.
Samsung SyncMaster 204B is what I use. Is yours the same?
Quote from skstibi :Funny. I was watching the vid, looking at your monitors and looking at my monitor. Looks like we use the same thing.
Samsung SyncMaster 204B is what I use. Is yours the same?

Quote from steve :Using my old 21"CRT and my 19"Samsung 904BW, colors dont really match the greatest, but I just wanted to try it out i think i got mine set on around 108*

Steve post some more vids... and I don't care about the FPS. It's fun watching you drive when you're uber bored and uber stoned.
Damn Steve...lol nice Drifting, racing and Setup u got there...uhm what are ur comp specs ?

lol dual monitors
(76 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG