The online racing simulator
SnowMod for LFS
(71 posts, started )

Poll : .

SnowMod for LFS
and my last mod. SnowMod .. hope you guys like it a bit..

HIGH SPEED DOWNLOAD LINK - http://liveforspeed.sk/download/SnowMod02.zip

unpack everything EXCEPT for the "LFS.EXE" .. since these files are from a pretty older LFS version and its causing corruption.

so reinstall latest LFS.. and then unpack as described above..

Important Note : This mod cannot be uninstalled, don't use your original LFS folder for the mods but make a new LFS installation/folder if you want to try one of my mods
Ooooh. Heheh, I think this actually look better than the desert one, really nice The overcast clouds make it really stand out.
Very Nice.. looks very realistic to the other snowmod Good Work ~!
AHHHH HELL IS FREEZING OVER!!! (fern bay .. THERES SNOW!)

lol it looks GREAT though.. must have spent tons of hours on this thing

i cant even recognize half the tracks lol this is amazing.. maybe i should have 3 S2 files so i can have normal, desert, and snow
yea same , i got three s2 , trackah123 should make a site for these three nice mods, would be more organise
Just call me «øS»ÐRäGK!NG trackah123 is my msn nickname lol.. ahh who cares anyway
Oh this will be worth a try.
Dude, you have way too much time on your hands man.
It's so amazing! I made 2 LFS folders, one normal the other one snow mod. Too bad you can't change the physics, but it's ok! When you spin out it actually kind of feels like you're in the snow because the skids sound diffrent and are not as loud.

Good job. :bananalla
Running normal or hybrid tires with the higher power cars (using slickmod) helps. as does setting Track LOD Reduction to No.
is it possible to change the dust from being brown to white?
Will my engine freeze if i use this mod?
it is possible to make dust to snowy effect ,
i dont know if i can change dust to snowcolor .. i know there is a file called dustalpha.dds .. i can try but i think its implemented in the game somewhere.
i tried to change the dusty clouds while spinning in snow into small snowy particles.. still dunno how to change the color.. i hope i can manage it to fix that

screenshot below

Nice mod!

Next step: Rework the tire textures and give them spikes would explain the better than usual grip.
-
(trackah123) DELETED by trackah123 : old
Quote from Tweaker :Ooooh. Heheh, I think this actually look better than the desert one, really nice The overcast clouds make it really stand out.

Totally agree, its the background- the sky and mountains, looks really cold:up:
Well done!
thnx.. have fun with it guys.. 2 bad i couldnt change grip.. but just choose bad tyres lol.. looks more realistic that way cya
Didn't Detail release a hex edited version of the exe with the value of gravity changed? That's be an easy to alter the grip of all the tyres equally. Cars might start getting lots of air off bumps though if you go too far.
Quote from Bob Smith :Didn't Detail release a hex edited version of the exe with the value of gravity changed? That's be an easy to alter the grip of all the tyres equally. Cars might start getting lots of air off bumps though if you go too far.

We could have flying cars in lfs Live for Plane Racing..
i could check that out yeah.. i think i saw a gravity thing somewhere once.
how do you create 3 folders for the mods?? and how do you change them around so you can go on different tracks??

ie one day normal blackwood, the next min snow??

cheers
well actually u cant switch mods.. or someone has to make a mod switcher mod lol... so if you wanna use 3 mods and the original LFS game.. u need to have 4 LFS games installed...

anyway if anyone want to change the grip of the game, gravity or whatever. pls do so.. release it under your own name.. i think the creator of slickmod can do it.. or someone else that is a good programmer or anything
just make 3 dds folders
and then rename whichever one you want for whichever mod, its not that hard..

got dds
dds (snow)
dds (desert)
and when you want the snow mod, rename the original dds file to dds (original) or whatever, and rename dds (snow) to dds

SnowMod for LFS
(71 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG