The online racing simulator
SnowMod for LFS
(71 posts, started )

Poll : .

yeah that would be possible but if you have enough harddisk space left just make 4 LFS gamefolders because there are more folders then only the dds folder (PIC,SND,OGG)

example:

C:\LFS
C:\LFSSnow
C:\LFSDesert
C:\LFSNight

make 4 shortcuts in your startmenu or desktop with each a different LFS name
that way you dont have to mess with files and folders..
Quote from Vendetta :Will my engine freeze if i use this mod?

No, don't worry, you won't have to worry about starting the UF1000 like a stubborn cow.
lol that would be fun.. a warm ur engine lap/round.. using ur clutch and choke alot.. lol
One (minor) thing I noticed is that while the snow textures are nice, one some of the edges (barriers and so forth), the bottom edge is still grass green. Pretty cool overall though.
ok
Wow haha, this looks so good, I actually feel my hands getting colder, I'm having more trouble typing now, haha.

Oh and does anyone remember whereabout that hex-ed .exe from Detail is?
Read the readme Put the .dds files in the DDS folder. I havent downloaded this mod yet, so i dont know where to put things. Theirs most likely a readme explaining where to put stuff..
Quote from Bob Smith :Didn't Detail release a hex edited version of the exe with the value of gravity changed? That's be an easy to alter the grip of all the tyres equally. Cars might start getting lots of air off bumps though if you go too far.

No, I didn't release it to the public Though it is possible to edit the exe, it's better not to do this. I tried to search for temperatures, but couldn't find that. "20" is too common value in the memory. I also wanted to find the air density, because on Mars it is 100 times lower. But the car won't run, if the same value is taken into account for power calculation. Neither I could find the grip values. Using gravity is irrelevant IMO to change friction.
hey dragking here

i use snowmod for a long time now.. but anyway.. it seems ur using the default xp unzipper.. i recommend to use something like winzip or winrar (www.rarlabs.com)

if you unpack to LFS/DATA folder it should overwrite all file in the lfs folders..

if its not working.. its probably related to a wrong unpacking method or something like that..
i was thinking about making a small adjustment to my snowmod.. containing snowman,xmas trees and stuff.. nice for xmas this month
hey trackah, could you please send me the guy with no helmet and a T shirt and jeans. email: propilot_born_to_fly@hotmail.com

needs to be in a Zip or it doesnt work.
and excellent job on the mod, just a couple things, tire spikes are black, not gray like steal or somthing. the dust looks preatty odd (like large hexagons or somthing), and some patches of snow are yellow
maybe somehow you can add snow, just have a box of snow that follows the car around, preatty shure its possible.
kann mir das vielcht ma einer auf deutsch erklären ??
bei mir steht da immer das er was nicht findet!
will aber snow mod haben
i would like to see this in the official LFS too!
lol i unpacked the snowmod and the nightmod at the same time, and i recived white snow and night sky!
With some french we are doing some trophée andros races. Trophée andros is a french ice racing series. Some famous french drivers like Yvan Muller, Alain Prost and Olivier Panis are racing in.

We use slick tire mod, LFS s2 0.5P, Snow Mod, and mecanik 0.5P.
Video :
http://video.google.fr/videoplay?docid=-7468040022578940995

Send me a PM if you want to join us
Ihave received some question about how to join us. So here is a little explaination :

1) Create a New LFS folder.

2) Download LFS 0.5P. http://www.gamershell.com/download_9705.shtml

3) Download LFS snow from this topic. And instal it as its explained.

4) Now download Mecanik S2 0.5P from there : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=3209

5)Download Slick mod from there : http://www.kegetys.net/dl.php/slickmod10.zip

6)Start LFS with mecanik and slickmod.

7)Load the mecanik preset attached.

8)Use the attached setup.
Attached files
XF GTR_Andros.set - 132 B - 508 views
#45 - Jakg
i REALLY like watching the Trophee Andros, thats some great work you've done!
Here is the Mecanik preset.

A server will be created soon on the 0.5P version on FE gold reverse with the layout of the video.
Attached files
androsxfr3.rar - 166 B - 259 views
We had few great races yesterday. It really feels like ice.
Attached images
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
glad you like it

imho i think in future versions of LFS.. season / weather / and day-nighttime should be made into LFS..
#49 - joen
I must say that mod really does look very good, it really creates a special atmosphere. It surely must have taken a lot of time to get it to look like that. Loved that video, you should make a full length movie of it sometime, would love to see it
Quote from joen :I must say that mod really does look very good, it really creates a special atmosphere. It surely must have taken a lot of time to get it to look like that. Loved that video, you should make a full length movie of it sometime, would love to see it

^
what he said

SnowMod for LFS
(71 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG