The online racing simulator
one step back ...
(166 posts, started )
Quote from ORION :...but who is going to make the support from now?

Eric or Scawen, perhaps? Or maybe some new blood?
-
(Blackout) DELETED by Blackout
all the new news i know theres a v patch comeing soon thats all i know
this forum is swamped with sad messages lately :/
youll be missed

Quote from St4Lk3R :No. Scawen is responsible for coding the Game, Victor is "only" the webmaster. He did a great job IMHO, We will miss you Victor.

somebodys got to fill in for him ... so all the things vicc did up until now will keep scawen from coding and eric from modeling in the future
Sad news to hear
Best of luck.
Hope to hear about you soon...
I don't get it why people are sad about this.

Guy made a choice, so that his life is better in some way. It is not that he was forced to make this choice, at least it doesn't seem to be so...

I, for once, am happy for the guy. He is involved in the greatest racing sim yet (this is not just my personal opinion, it's my judgement from watching the attention to detail lfs has in comparison with others. maybe nKpro comes close) and now he is off to do other stuff.

Go get 'em Victor!

You will come and say hi once in a while, no?
Enjoy the step back. Keep the fun stuff fun.
#58 - Don
we are sad, because we are gonna miss him. isnt it obvious?
Quote from Don :we are sad, because we are gonna miss him. isnt it obvious?

But he wont be really away, he just said no more boring support. So he can concentrate on the interesting things, making some new website stuff for LFS, and some private & fun projects of course

Still it's sad though, as one major part of LFS is going away - the independence. Just like one of those weekends after you've got a call from EA
Thanks for everything and good luck for the future.
Bye Victor! I'll never forget the extra-unlock you gave me
Aww c'mon admit it... this is just a secret ploy to give you time to take over the WR charts. Lookout biggie, he's coming for you. :eclipseeh

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
Quote from tinyk :Aww c'mon admit it... this is just a secret ploy to give you time to take over the WR charts. Lookout biggie, he's coming for you. :eclipseeh

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~

lol.
I'm shocked but on the other hand I understand it.

For the readers of this forums it's often boring
(the same DFP, can't unlock, I'm banned, blah blah) over and over again.
How hard must it be for the helpdesk.

I hope you'll find some interesting not LFS related things to do Victor.
At least make some new music for the scene generation

Thx for all the work you did in the past for the community.
#66 - SamH
^^ What everyone says.. me too.. and also happy for Victor, because exciting times are ahead for him

As ORION (and Victor) points out, he's not going away, Victor's just taking a step back from the mundane day-to-day repetitive tech support. As anyone who's done a mind-numbingly boring tech support job will agree, after a while it gets quite difficult to work with a smile.

LFS is possibly the easiest game on the planet to use - extract to a directory, and run LFS.exe. With absolutely no disrespect to anyone who isn't technologically minded, if you're having difficulty doing that, you're likely to struggle with most aspects of computing.. and I would expect that Victor's days must have been filled with a thousand head-banging "Arghhh"s for a long time.

Good luck with the new freedoms that your step back brings you, Victor.. enjoy!
Tech support shouldn't be that much to miss, I don't mean Victor's work wasn't necessary, it is. But I think a lot of people also get help from here on the forum, a lot of things that could be resolved here, went to Victor, what might made all the repeating even worse. I never really needed any support, the only time I talked to Victor was for something quite moronic, and not even important.

I hope we'll hear from him soon enough, we'll all miss him, like we would miss any respected LFS member going away (or taking a step back). And to the people that don't understand why people say all these nice things about missing him: I hope one day you could feel the joy and internal happyness seeing people would actually miss you, and you have the feeling you accomplished something people really care about. It's a wonderful feeling.
Good luck. Hope you find some time to CUT THAT HAIR!
Attached images
2girls1guy.JPG
Thank you for all your valuable contribution. Enjoy the change .
Only two developers left now.

Good luck with whatever you are going to do now Victor
Thank YOU Victor for everything, You gave me something no other game had given me, the opportunity to race online with a dev, and that was quite an exciting experience, especially telling my friends the next day in the school that i had a race with a game developer :O
Whatever are You planning to do, don't leave us out of it pls, show us what You are doing =) Don't be a stranger !!
And of course, GL&HF
Quote from ORION :Still it's sad though, as one major part of LFS is going away - the independence.

Why should the independence of LFS go away? Even if Vic doesn't work fulltime for LFS anymore, the project is still independent. Or are there more things we don't know yet - I hope not!
Quote from ORION :...but who is going to make the support from now?

Scawen, Geraldine... and in time maybe Leo too.
#75 - Vain
A child being brought up with tech support?
Poor Leo will turn into a looney...

Vain

one step back ...
(166 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG