The online racing simulator
one step back ...
(166 posts, started )
My first post in a thread I was trying to stay away from, but something ive got to pick up on...

Quote from SamH : Let's just be clear, here.. LFS is in no way in jeopardy as a result of Victor acknowledging that HIS part of S2's progress is at the point where he's twiddling his thumbs much of the time, and going round and round in circles with the same tech support questions the rest of the time.

SO employ some staff to take care of the "going round and round in circles" part of LFS life.

There is a new generation of LFS Forum Moderators, let the monkeys do some more work for the LFS team and help support it technically. Im sorry but, a game is released, still in development, but released to the public... Some are going to have problems with it. I believe its a compliment that some want to play so much that they bother to bother the LFS dev staff to get things sorted and fixed so much that it leads to a Development Member taking a step back.

Appreciate all that has been done by Victor, but surely when a product is released, support is expected to be a big part of things?

some say its the community thats lead to this, the community has a lot of faults, me included, but I cannot believe that providing support has lead to a step back.

So Victor has stopped providing technical support for LFS and its clients, right, fair enough, something has to give I guess, so who's taking over? is the question that should be asked. I wouldnt think its particularly fair to leave it all to Scawen.

Just my idle thoughts, feel free to ignore.
Thats cool, as i said at the beginning of My post, ive tried to stay away from this thread, hence the not reading that particular post.

It wasnt really a question that needed an answer to be honest, it was me putting my thoughts out there like the rest of you.
To be perfectly honest, I was specifically addressing this problem of people not reading the content of what's been posted by Devs, and drawing protracted doom and gloom or negative conclusions out of their own failures to hear what the devs are saying.

I really wish people would read the threads they're posting in, sometimes
Unfair SamH, but nevertheless expected. I tend to spend a fair portion of my day on this Forum, quietly reading through the interesting things, avoiding as much of the crap as possible. Avoiding when moderators forget they are moderators and say nothing.

I didnt fail to understand anything thanks very very much. Its a single minded, mindset, its the downfall of many many communities, i hope it doesnt catch on here.
I still find it frustrating when people clearly don't read the threads they subscribe to.

I spend much of my time deliberately forgetting that I am a forum moderator. I'm, first and foremost, a fellow LFS driver. I believe it's important that I don't abuse my super-magical Kryptonite-forged moderator powers. I also believe it's important that nobody else does either.
Thats good to hear .

Finally, thank you to Victor for his work thus far.
Agreed. Sam is still the same old Sam we knew before he became a moderator, and I wouldn't expect him to change. Okay, so sometimes he might have to keep his thoughts to himself, but it's unlikely.

In fact, the mod group we have here is pretty much perfect if you ask me. They keep check of 'arguments' and flames. They rename thread titles. They organise the forum, and smooth things over when they need to. But for the most part they (Matt, Al, Sam, Ben et al) are just LFS peeps using a forum about their beloved game. And I love the fact that they are able to eloquently put their ideas into words, steer clear of all arguments and generally brighten the place up.

Occasionally we are all guilty of not reading or understanding a thread we post in, but I would have thought that a long time member of the forum/community would have read the thread before making such posts really. Did you honestly think that Victor would have left without having a system in place to look after LFS when he's gone (in this case Geraldine?).

We have a forum populated by, for the most part, great helpful people.
We have a Wiki hosted by LFS themselves (are their visible links on LFS.net yet?) that we can add to, including perhaps standard Support Questions (if this isn't done I'll have a crack at it soon)

What more does anyone want? The only time the devs would NEED to intervene would be to give extra unlocks out, and that is something for Scawen/Victor/Geraldine to do, not the community.

OT: ScaViEr now becomes what? ScaEr? ScaviGeEr? ScaErViGe? ScaGeViEr? We need a new pseudonym!!
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Ive read the last 2 pages of this and ive got to say that what victor is doing is making sense. If hes done his work towards S2 in web page and lfs world etc and all hes doing is help desk which (as scawen said himself) usually takes less than an hour. SO surely it makes sense to take a step back and leave scawen and victor to carry on their jobs.

Off topic : If another kart meet happens does that mean team scavier will become team scaer ?
What ever you do : enjoy !
ScaGE

SceriG

Eriscag
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Scerge...somehow I get a image of heavy, sweaty, hairy guys from eastern europe, drinking vodka and coding stuff in a basement the other hand on their kalashnikov assault rifle.
You'll be taking part I hope Sam.
Why hairy guys drinking vodka and not turkish people serving kebabs?
Quote from Bob Smith :You'll be taking part I hope Sam.

I've consumed 36 Jaffa Cakes so far, but haven't managed to get more than one in my mouth at a time without chewing. Once or twice, I've damn near lost a finger! It's a hazardous occupation!

I'm planning to empty the Co-Op's shelves of Jaffa Cakes in the next day or two, and will be uploading my best attempts at the weekend

one step back ...
(166 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG