The online racing simulator
dabs do it would seem, as do a few other places, but at £150, I'll live with dabs.

*just ordered one*
Young man, there's no need to make a new topic.
I said, young man, pick yourself off the ground.
I said, young man, 'cause you're in a new town
There's no need to be noobish.

Young man, there's a place you can go.
I said, young man, when you're short on your dough.
You can stay there, and I'm sure you will find
Many ways to have a good time.

It's fun to stay at the...

S - E - A - R - C - H

It has everything for young men to enjoy,
You can hang out with all the boys at this topic that has 350 posts
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=11557
Quote from frokki :Young man, there's no need to make a new topic.
I said, young man, pick yourself off the ground.
I said, young man, 'cause you're in a new town
There's no need to be noobish.

Young man, there's a place you can go.
I said, young man, when you're short on your dough.
You can stay there, and I'm sure you will find
Many ways to have a good time.

It's fun to stay at the...

S - E - A - R - C - H

It has everything for young men to enjoy,
You can hang out with all the boys at this topic that has 350 posts
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=11557

Brilliant lmfao no really I know a lot of places sell em , none in close proximity to me(Dublin).The past few days has seen a few new Irish faces on forum, I posted on the off chance one of them would know of a place here, thanx Frokki great post
I ordered mine last week at $244.16 CAD. Total came to $275.xx including shipping and taxes. The distributor was supposed to be set to ship today to the dealer I ordered from, but who knows for sure.
Anybody know how loud turning the wheel would be compared to the DFP PRO if drifting in LFS or RBR? I think I read it is a little bit quieter, but I don't know by how much and what kind of sound it actually makes.
Read a few pages back, I posted a sound file. And yes, it is quieter.
i have REALLY got to stop reading these threads. There is no way in hell I need one of these but I just can't resist!!!

anyone actually USING one yet?
Tweak and Scawen both are.
Whaa? Hmm if Scawen has one maybe we'll get an improved gearbox model soon. Can but hope
Quote from Rtsbasic :Whaa? Hmm if Scawen has one maybe we'll get an improved gearbox model soon. Can but hope

hopefully

But how do you know hes using one?
I ordered mine about an hour ago
Has anybody ever used a G25 before? Logitech hasnt released the wheel yet, and you all are already paying full price and more. No guarantee that G25 is not a pretty looking Momo or plain garbage.

I know that Im waiting at least two months until you all try it out, and confirm my belief that G25 is nothing but a souped up DFP. The price on the unit by that time will be $150 on ebay with free shipping in case I want to buy one.

Sorry, I didn't meant to inject too much common sense into this thread, seeing how eager people are to pad Logitech's pocket.
We have a few inside sources, one person has one in aussieland, I have one person on my MSN who will remain anonymous who has one.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :We have a few inside sources, one person has one in aussieland, I have one person on my MSN who will remain anonymous who has one.

lol
I know that im not shelling out $300 until I see some feedback on this. A decent wheel + pedals (with clutch???) + gear shifter like that is gonna cost much more than $300.

Why are you so sure that Logitech will put together a QUALITY set up for such a low price? I feel bad about spoiling the general fanboi mood around here but after so much hype about a few pictures and a video on Youtube, I can almost feel a huge letdown when the bloody thing hits the stores.
Quote from silver bullet :Has anybody ever used a G25 before? Logitech hasnt released the wheel yet, and you all are already paying full price and more. No guarantee that G25 is not a pretty looking Momo or plain garbage.

I know that Im waiting at least two months until you all try it out, and confirm my belief that G25 is nothing but a souped up DFP. The price on the unit by that time will be $150 on ebay with free shipping in case I want to buy one.

Sorry, I didn't meant to inject too much common sense into this thread, seeing how eager people are to pad Logitech's pocket.

I hear what you're saying, but there's also common sense in doing research about a product beforehand and in this case it's a safe conclusion to draw. It's MUCH more than a souped up DFP.

As long as you have 30 seconds to spare on Google you could find out that the materials, electronics and approach to designing the G25 are a radical departure from the DFP and it's predecessors. I won't bore you with the details, but should your own common sense lead you to check into it there are countless reviews and even photos of the internals of the wheel and it's workings available on the net in various locales.

After reviewing the available data, common sense dictates that it's a very large step foward in the genre, and if someone can't see that I would question their common sense.
Fair enough
Ok I see your point. I don't think Im gonna buy a G25 until I drive my red Momo into the ground, but it seems like its worth the money. Lets hope so.
Quote from silver bullet : I feel bad about spoiling the general fanboi mood around here but after so much hype about a few pictures and a video on Youtube, I can almost feel a huge letdown when the bloody thing hits the stores.

that's the exact reason why i don't pre-order anything, i like to get real-world feedback before i spend money on something. That's why i didn't pre-order nKPro, and i'm glad i didn't...lol...because after all the hype over it prior to release...many, many people were very disappointed.

I really hope that doesn't happen with the G25, but i will definately wait and see before i start throwing my money around.
I think it was a tricky price/quality balance to get right. I think they've done it.

More expensive (and even higher quality) and the potential customer base really falls to level that doesn't make it worthwhile for a mass manufacturer like Logitech.

Less expensive (less quality) and it's close to many other mid range wheels, and the pedals would more than likely have been utter crap again.

I'm sure it will be available in the UK for closer to £150 once the initial launch settles down. That is cheap for what you get. Admittedly I haven't seen or tried it yet, but judging by the DFP, if it improves on that significantly, then it should be excellent. The pedals remain to be seen. My only concern there is replacing the pots. They will wear out and Logitech do not provide replacements, or info on where to find replacements.
Its already available for £150 from dabs.com. I can't see the price coming down much for a while, because they keep mentioning its "limited edition" etc. Much like the Momo red didn't come down in price much IIRC?
Would you honestly buy from dabs.com? I already posted a few pages back that they are one of the worst rated online stores of this year. That price has to be bogus.
Quote from Tweaker :Would you honestly buy from dabs.com? I already posted a few pages back that they are one of the worst rated online stores of this year. That price has to be bogus.

because perhaps their not bogus? a lot of my pc bits came from there, like my gfx card which turned up in 3 days flat

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG