The online racing simulator
LFS Companion 0.5 Alpha
(166 posts, started )
ok i got patch U again....umm....i can hear the backfire when inside the car but not the out side veiw
o...nvm i got it working...u rock becky! BLONDS UNITED!
well no it goes of and on and its anoing .. it doesnt work online either
It works consistently and does work online, you're just having trouble with the insim link and I can only guess as to why in the absense of details but I suspect you have established the link, then quit LFS and restarted whilst leaving LFSC open - LFSC would stay bound to the previous copy of LFS. That's my best guess anyway.
Tried it in the 360° series for the first time. Great work Becky!
has anyone been able to get this and the sound mod working? no matter what i try i cant!
Any mirrors for the Companion DL? Doesn't work right now off of beckyrose.com
A question:

Does Companion makes conflicts with Lapper?

I explain: We use lapper on the server pc in which we have LFS host dedicated and lapper running 24/7. we know that lapper communicate with lfs with a specific insim port.

If I use companion on my pc (so client side, not loaded into server, obviously) i can have some conflicts with insim ports? I have to use a sort of gateway to make the 2 mods work?

Or if i simply press insim/49999 lfs and companion work right.

Hope to be understood....

Thanks
You won't have any problem with that, unless you are playing off the server PC - which you are not.
Lapper is using the insim port on the server, LFSC uses the insim port on your client. The two are totally independent. LFSC will work regardless of any mods installed on the server, and LFSC can be configured (manually at this time) to work with other mods locally on the client machine - as it features an insim and an outguage relay - it's even plausable that you can get two previously incompatable mods to work together by routing both into LFSC and letting LFSC handle the communication into LFS..
I knocked up a website for this whilst at work today, Becky Rose . Com.

This website has a few typo's still The download page referrs to the next version and so currently does not work and isn't really rellevent(download from this thread instead, but you can see what i'm planning ). The VisionExtreme software referred too is also not on the site yet (because I forgot).
Help!
I did everything you say Becky and have my name in the config but I can't have all my split time and worst I win the race and it show me last position with 5 or 6 laps behind???
Do I have to end race before consulting the results?
Do I have to close the game before consulting or I go out with alt/esc or whatever?
If I understood well, I can see the results just by cliking Compile stats and view stats. It doesn't do anything? I have to go in the folder to see it.
We, here in Quebec (Canada) are starting a new League but need this tool very bad to have the League working!
Thank you for your help!!!
LFSC needs to be communicating with LFS at the race start, if LFSC is started after the race and misses some laps it wont count them at all, regardless of your LFS result. You should only compile the stats once per race else they'll start to mess up (as data is changed). Viewing stats should open your browser with whatever file http:// is set up with, it opens the index.html - currently this is a temporary file (a copy of the last lap of the lap by lap statistics) and might be a 'broken' feature. It will be remedied soon when I put in the proper results page.
Thanks for the quick answer but what about the other questions?

Do I have to end race before consulting the results?
Do I have to close the game before consulting or I go out with alt/esc or whatever?

I forgot, the radio doesn't send me any messages and the radio is working when I tap on num.pad. If I watch a replay, he send messages but not in real time.

[/B]
You do not need to end race, but you should of course wait for all drivers to finish. You dont need to close the game either. If you start a new race the old stats are emptied.

If the radio is on it should give messages unless the radio mod has been unable to match your name to the in the insim data. This should not happen, but if it works in the replay it's no use sending it to me to diagnose what the fault is. Is this problem everytime or has it just happened once or twice?
It happens every time!
Is your mod is suppose to work with all the game mode like single player, Hot lapping, etc. and Is there a min of laps required that the mod work fine. ex if I work on my quali set-up and do let say 2 laps alone on the track, it suppose to work?
This sounds cool, il give it a try !
@Alracer - it waits around two laps before it starts to give radio messages, pit crews tend to leave you to it in the first few laps whilst you jostle for start position. It can work in other modes (qualifying / hotlapping) but some information is not relevent and in the case of position etc. is incorrect, just turn those messages off.
Thank you Becky!
I just send you an e-mail with some screenshots of my settings that you maybe see what is going wrong
I have not tested LFSC in single player or hotlapping modes, but if insim+outguage continue to operate in these mods the mod will keep on playing.
Could you put the LFS Car sond ReMixer (by yamakawa) in LFS Companion?
I've never got that mod working, so it's unlikely.
Quote from Becky Rose :I have not tested LFSC in single player or hotlapping modes, but if insim+outguage continue to operate in these mods the mod will keep on playing.

I can confirm that Companion works just fine in single player mode. I use it when practicing against the AI. Not sure if it works in hotlap mode or not (but I seem to recall that it does), but it probably wouldn't be much use anyway since there are no other cars on the track.
Feature request, if I may:
"Car is a different class" message for races with 2 (or more) classes on track simultaneously.
hi
Always get the " Memory access Violation " Error, when i start the companion. Tried different graphics driver but without success.
On my Notebook (Benq 5100 G01) the Companion runs without trouble.
Will try different memory settings in Bios,maybe it works

Asus K8NE
Amd Sempron 3100+
1024 mb
Radeon 9600 256mb
XP Sp2

HELP

LFS Companion 0.5 Alpha
(166 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG