The online racing simulator
Think I'll go with Dabs as I don't expect a Logitech product to break easily, especially their flagship G25. DigitalKind? Never heard of 'em, so I'd rather pay an extra tenner to Dabs than risk DK. Even though £140 isn't much, it's more than I'm willing to lose.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Yes indeed
We need to find the source of the delay in getting G25's to retailers, then shoot him/her. Since I parted with my DFP and ended up with a week off, I'm feeling lost. Might have to blow the dust off the old Sidewinder

Gives me time to make a new shifter mount I guess..what would be ideal is a universal mousemat mount thats designed to slide under the desk when not in use. Anyone know of such a thing?
Quote from Rtsbasic :
Gives me time to make a new shifter mount I guess..what would be ideal is a universal mousemat mount thats designed to slide under the desk when not in use. Anyone know of such a thing?

i would take an old keyboard tray that slides under the desk, cut it so it's just wide enough to fit the shifter, then relocate the slide bars. Then just pull it out, mount the shifter, play, unmount the shifter, slide the tray underneath the desk.

Prolly take like 10 minutes to make and about 2 mins to put the shifter on and then take it off when you're done.

or, if you don't want to bother mounting and unmounting the shifter, then just use a c-bracket(or modify an L-bracket), mount the top of the bracket to the underside of the desk and mount the slide rails and platform to the bottom of the bracket. The shifter will sit a lot lower, but you would just be able to slide the whole assembly under the desk. You would also be able to mount the shifter a little more securely doing it that way.

i hope i made that clear enough..lol.

i'm very good at fabricating stuff....but i have one heck of a time trying to describe it to someone else...lol.
Logitech G25 - general discussion
When does everyone think the G25 will come out...first it was late september- early october...and now its November...I know they don't hav a set release date (or do they?) but I'm just wandering cas i know that people have guessed
Gameseek reckon they'll have them in 15 days. Knowing my luck that'll get pushed back again..
they are out already. atlhough i think americans have to order them from Canada right now. I know they are available in New Zealand and possibly Australia. Check out this thread http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?p=3210814#post3210814 and read back a page or two and you should find information for release in the states.
they should be out in Australia tomorrow
LOL, Logitech told me this 24 hours ago: "Actually, it isn't available yet..."
Quote from frokki :Yeah, I didn't know should I laugh or cry after seeing it, but it turned into laughter after I saw his shoes and driving technique.

BTW Your link doesn't work. heres working one:
http://www.hardware.info/en-US ... G25_racing_wheel__Review/

Shifter looks _seriously_ flimsy.. I'll definitely wait for reviews, cuz it looks like you can't "throw" that into gear without breaking it.
So _how_ much purpose can you give it without breaking, because I broke my MOMO shifter while shifting the way I've always done? Can I push it into gear as aggressively as I've seen Aussie V8 drivers do (Bathurst, great track..), or will the material in the shifter break, like the way it did when I broke my MOMO shifter?

don't take the bolding seriously ;-)
My order is still 'on' for the 13th October.
Quote from tristancliffe :My order is still 'on' for the 13th October.

I have G25 on preorder and the date is also on the 13th now...It was for release tomorrow but as normal it gets pushed back. Still im looking forward to getting it.
The store I'm probably going to order from have a preliminary date of Oktober 3rd, order is of a "significant number", with more coming at next shipping (if sold out that is).
Ah damn it ,after watching the youtube of the G25 in action, it makes me want to get it as well, even though I have a working DFP *though it now needs to be calibrated manually to make sure the wheel deadzone is straight*

Hope Father Christmas can get me one
I had the whole Act-Labs setup apart from clutch...See pic...I loved the Act-Labs shifter when it came out and bare in mind i got my actlabs wheel and shifter when they were just released and cost me over 200 quid then...But when i tried it with LFS the shifting was a little slow to be able to compete at a high level. I will prob use the shifter for GTR2 GT Legends ect...I sold my actlabs gear to get a DFP and i got 130 quid on ebay for my actlabs stuff lol...So was pleased to have some change when i got my DFP at 80 quid. I have G25 on preorder so im really looking forward to getting it on the 13th cross fingers.
Attached images
DSCF0487.JPG
Hopefully they won't be pushed back again The Act-Labs stuff I was very happy with, had the pref pedals and shifter, the shifter was a brilliant unit with an aftermarket gearknob, that shortened the shifts nicely. I was able to keep pace quite easily after a couple of months of getting used to clutch/shifter. I can only hope the G25 shifter is as nice as the Act-Labs one to use, even if I won't have time to use the kit much over the coming months.

hehehe
anyone have pics of what smeagle looked like before he found the ring? lol.

i really want this wheel
Local supplier (in Montreal) told me Oct. 5th for his distributor to have it.
G25
The best price for the Logitech g25 I have seen is £150.99 inc. vat and the postage is about £6.50 or so at www.dabs.com. Can anyone beat that?
im too poor to affoered a G25. if anyone wants to buy me one, fell free, PM me for my postal address.
I suppose this will only apply to racers in Eire, I've searched to no avail for a descent wheel or even a mention of the G25!
does any one know where sell em'

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG