The online racing simulator
LFS on MOTORS TV!
(79 posts, started )
Ehm, that's exactly what he's proposing and I agree.
Quote from EricL :FWIW I saw it in french on Motors TV yesterday and it was clear that they think the devs did listen to the players and did not add useless features.

well , if thats so, that makes a lot more sense than in english heehheeh
s2 has a drift track ?
carpark?
Quote from dUmAsS :carpark?

i like to call it wreckers heaven
#56 - Gunn
Quote from cannonfodder :It should be locked to the car's longitudinal axis. Perhaps with options for look-steer like with the cockpit views.

There is one problem with locking the cam to the axis. It looks very linear like those old arcade racing games trying to be sims (V8 Supercars by EA springs painfully to mind). The car moves like it has a pole up its arse. There would be a real danger of LFS being portrayed as even less of a sim if this view were adopted. Better to remove the chase cam altogether than make it look totally arcade.

2c
God yeah. GP2/GP3 had the 'pole up the ass' chase cam system and it was completely undriveable.

My suspicion is that its actually quite difficult to write a chase cam system that feels natural and it probably requires a lot of tweaking of values to get it feeling right for each car.
yeah the first thing that pops to my mind when playing n2003 is "ARCADE OMG."

This is why i stopped making constructive suggestions in public sites and now i recall i must continue doing so. and i only posted a peaceful obvious fact.
Any chase cam can be considered dumb, but there are ones that are well done, and others badly done. fixed makes it more faithful to the sim.
this is so factual, there isnt even a place for discussion.

im done with this suggestions here.
Quote from Bob Smith :Nah don't let Clarkson review the game, it's only got to irk him slightly and he's gonna slate it in his usual way. Tiff would be a much better choice ONCE the physics are perfected.

Edit: Oh yeah, the review was pretty good though, I thought.

I suppose Tiff would be a nicer option, but to see Clarkson's reaction at how good the game is will be funny to watch :P.

Also, I seriously hope Sabine Schmidt does the reviews as they would be more objectional plus she is as awesome driver :O
#60 - Gunn
But isn't the chase cam only for viewing? Not for driving?

Also the distance (fov) can be changed like any other cam in LFS, which alters the appearance of the view. When you pull right back it does look a bit strange.
Cool review, more LFS on TV please!

Quote from KiDCoDEa :Any chase cam can be considered dumb, but there are ones that are well done, and others badly done. fixed makes it more faithful to the sim.
this is so factual, there isnt even a place for discussion.

im done with this suggestions here.

I don't know if you are a game developer yourself or where are you getting your skyhigh selfesteem, but since you are done, let's move on topic.

Just like Gunn said, the chase cam is apparently here only for watching the car. Me, doing such a game review would use other cameras more often. I agree that the chase cam does not prove the sim qualities of the game. But the use of wheels cam was great IMO! Everybody talks load of crap how damn realistic they game is - I say show me! From the wheel cam I could clearly see that the player really HAVE to do the driving and the car perfectly listens to his actions.

I use the chase cam for reviewing accidents in replays, along with the heli/top view. With a distance adjustment it would be just perfect. I don't see the reason for removing it altogether.
Quote from RAYfighter :. I agree that the chase cam does not prove the sim qualities of the game. But the use of wheels cam was great IMO! Everybody talks load of crap how damn realistic they game is - I say show me! From the wheel cam I could clearly see that the player really HAVE to do the driving and the car perfectly listens to his actions.

never said wheels v wasnt great love in fact i played with it for the first year and a half, till i got the custom cam implemented due to scawen listening to good suggestions, so i could do my usual hood cam like in n2003. i said why it isnt real (coz it makes invisible what isnt therefore should be considered an analysis tool/feature more than anything).

if you dont know me, its not my problem,but please keep personal reviewing out of it. all the best and keep up on the opinions of the game.

i said im done on suggesting stuff for lfs in here for the meantime, and i am. thats all. dont make more of it than it is.
Quote from Gunn :But isn't the chase cam only for viewing? Not for driving?

NO.
but even if it was, which it isnt, my post would stand. control and physics feel, comes from referencing. void doesnt cut it. brain needs easy to read references. if you are dynamically changing them all the time u make ya brain think a lot more, and read a lot less out of it. especially since this dynamic change is a layer of interpretation on top of another thats already complex (the core physics engine) and totally unrelated to it.
you are just adding noise, thats even unrelated to the core (the worst kind), to the interpretation.
this is so obvious and so basic, that i see that even base subjects on which we should agree are a subject of "opinions" therefore i dont wanna post more on the subj. please understand me, not ego or anything, its just useless imo. better than knowing how to talk is knowing if that talk is reaching anyone. here it couldnt since basic principles arent even accepted.

btw u liked the trees on the downhill of so? same principle as here but relating to speed feeling.
I didn't understand a word. oops...
Quote from Bob Smith :Tiff would be a much better choice ONCE the physics are perfected.

Not going to be difficult, he rated GT4 as being realistic...
Quote from ajp71 :Not going to be difficult, he rated GT4 as being realistic...

Nobody's perfect.
well, its not like tiff sits around playing videogames. it had a wheel, it had cars... fwd understeer... rwd well... thats how tiff came to his conclusion
Quote from Gabkicks :well, its not like tiff sits around playing videogames. it had a wheel, it had cars... fwd understeer... rwd well... thats how tiff came to his conclusion

Yeah, that was hilarious

He drove the same bend twice, IIRC - Once with a FWD car (Civic Type R, maybe?) and a BMW M3. The FWD car understeered and the M3 spun out in the corner. He said something like "At least they got the basic handling characteristics right", which could be said for just about any racing game with both FWD and RWD cars.
Pretty good review, I've never seen the show but from what it appears to be the review was quite fair and reasonable.
Chase cam is something that showcases the game more than anything else which is why reviewers will use it, especially when the target audience isn't sim racers.
#70 - SamH
As Gunn was saying....
Quote from Gunn :Yeah thanks Sherlock, run along now. Your childish little jab is not appreciated.

I think Gunn's original point is somewhat lost among the confusion. It was more about in-your-face advertising and sucky web design. So on that point specifically, I'll expound..

I do absolutely agree. It's quite a gross webpage. It IS possible to design a website that contains all that PAID advertising while providing a link to download a file, and have it visible, obvious, functional and easily used. I think the free hosting is good and appreciated, but accessibility falls short.

Perhaps they should hire someone to give their hosting a make-over. I've just walked a friend through her first website design. If it were professional, it would be laughed at, but for a first go it's a fine start. The free hosting site is a tenth what my friend has cranked out. They've broken every single golden rule I can think of, in site design. I'd be ashamed of it.

I'm an LFS fan, and I'm an enthusiastic website browser (and I'm a graphic design professional as well) and I have to say that I've seen some BRILLIANT Team and Clan websites associated with LFS. Sites built by LFS enthusiasts with a million times the design sense of the people at that PROFESSIONAL hosting site.

Gunn, your point was just heavy on the irony, and lost on many. Not all though.. I'm with you. And I DO do as you do, and move on from offensive websites. Don't give their stat counters your custom!

Keep it locked on

SamZ
cool review!

It was the Motors TV Review of S1 that 1st got me into LFS a few years back. Pitty they didn't give the web address at the end... Anyway i hope it brings in the punters!
Hi, can someone pls upload this Review? Rapidshare sucks
Nobody?
(mirror for LFS_Motors_TV.avi no longer online)
Quote from SamH :I do absolutely agree. It's quite a gross webpage. It IS possible to design a website that contains all that PAID advertising while providing a link to download a file, and have it visible, obvious, functional and easily used. I think the free hosting is good and appreciated, but accessibility falls short.

Perhaps they should hire someone to give their hosting a make-over. I've just walked a friend through her first website design. If it were professional, it would be laughed at, but for a first go it's a fine start. The free hosting site is a tenth what my friend has cranked out. They've broken every single golden rule I can think of, in site design. I'd be ashamed of it.

Those free hosting sites are specifically designed to be hard to find the download link. They WANT you to have to search all over the page (filled to the brim with ads) and in doing so it is inevitable that you will be reading some of the ads, no matter how hard you try. I know I can read a 'regular' web page and totally ignore the ads. They don't like that.

Technology has made it easier for us to ignore, dismiss, or delete advertisements from our media. Advertisers aren't just going to lay down and quit. They seem to be a sneaky, persistant lot.

LFS on MOTORS TV!
(79 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG