The online racing simulator
LFS on MOTORS TV!
(79 posts, started )
LFS on MOTORS TV!
#2 - Gunn
Errr, just a bunch of annoying ads at that link.
Good publicity, I just would have hoped they'd mentioned a bit more about the sounds than saying they're nasty for the ears (which is only true for the engine sounds anyway, I believe). It also felt a bit silly to just sit and watch the cars from chase view while the reviewer wasn't saying anything at all

EDIT: Gunn, may I suggest actually reading that page? The download link IS there...
true, but, being quite old, i still recall when direct linking something on the net meant a direct link!
#6 - Gunn
Quote from Batterypark :Good publicity, I just would have hoped they'd mentioned a bit more about the sounds than saying they're nasty for the ears (which is only true for the engine sounds anyway, I believe). It also felt a bit silly to just sit and watch the cars from chase view while the reviewer wasn't saying anything at all

EDIT: Gunn, may I suggest actually reading that page? The download link IS there...

Nope, if I come across a web page that spams crap in my face I simply move on. If they had something important to show me they would make it easy to find.
I never got any spam? Just a page telling me to wait for the download link to appear Well... I made it appear in my previous post To save you any trouble if you get ads. (But my popup blocker or adblocker didnt need to block anything, so I don't know what's goin on on your side )
it just doesnt work here, thats the small problem
#9 - Gunn
Like I said, any web page that makes it so difficult to find what you want isn't worth visiting. I didn't get any pop-ups, just a poorly-designed page of hard to read text with a lot of crap around it. Then I got a 2nd page opening with exactly the same crap and the page was "done" fully loaded. The best part of that page was the little red X in the top right hand corner, that worked very well indeed.

Tweak you posted exactly the same link as in the first post. It does not link to a direct download and on my screen it does not automatically download anything. Clicking the "FREE" button just loads another useless page.
Quote from Gunn :Like I said, any web page that makes it so difficult to find what you want isn't worth visiting. I didn't get any pop-ups, just a poorly-designed page of hard to read text with a lot of crap around it. Then I got a 2nd page opening with exactly the same crap and the page was "done" fully loaded. The best part of that page was the little red X in the top right hand corner, that worked very well indeed.

Tweak you posted exactly the same link as in the first post. It does not link to a direct download and on my screen it does not automatically download anything. Clicking the "FREE" button just loads another useless page.

And then you will have to wait a number of seconds to download it. Scroll all the way to bottom
Have you tried a different browser?

Some nice observations in the review. It's the first time I've heard a reviewer mention the fact the interface allows you to change settings without interrupting your game, which is one thing I've always loved about LFS.

But what was that guy on about when he said the "developers should listen to the players and satisfy them by loading the game up with useless options"?
Quote from Mbrio :
But what was that guy on about when he said the "developers should listen to the players and satisfy them by loading the game up with useless options"?

Yea, that confused me too.. but i think he said something like "they listen the players, and don't load the game with useless options", i think he was going to say that.. i only watched it once, can't remember now..
Quote from Mbrio :But what was that guy on about when he said the "developers should listen to the players and satisfy them by loading the game up with useless options"?

I was just going to ask the same thing..I had to listen to it a couple of times. whats he getting at ?

Shame about the sound comments, not as bad as they make out, but i kind of agree. better engine sounds would really be the icing on the cake for me. Skids, wind, echo fx etc all sound great but the engines need some more "umph", and maybe some nicer crash sounds like metal buckling and glass breaking
Quote from Gunn :Tweak you posted exactly the same link as in the first post. It does not link to a direct download and on my screen it does not automatically download anything. Clicking the "FREE" button just loads another useless page.

No I didn't.

Clicking on "Free" brings you to the page where you wait in queue for the file to be downloaded. (Said I had to wait like 30 secs), then violla!!! I got the link to the file!!! How hard can it be, and why must people think such a site is just crap to get something?

Sorry, but that page must've been useless.... :rolleyes:

Completely off topic, but this pisses me off that you find this so hard to cope with.
#15 - Gunn
Quote from Vendetta :And then you will have to wait a number of seconds to download it. Scroll all the way to bottom

Yes I know how to use the Internet. I don't really need to see another review about a sim that already completely satisfies my online racing needs. So the appropriate response is: Meh.
#16 - Gunn
Quote from Tweaker :No I didn't.

Clicking on "Free" brings you to the page where you wait in queue for the file to be downloaded. (Said I had to wait like 30 secs), then violla!!! I got the link to the file!!! How hard can it be, and why must people think such a site is just crap to get something?

Sorry, but that page must've been useless.... :rolleyes:

Completely off topic, but this pisses me off that you find this so hard to cope with.

Yeah thanks Sherlock, run along now. Your childish little jab is not appreciated.
Quote from Gunn :I don't really need to see another review about a sim that already completely satisfies my online racing needs.

Then why all the frustration you couldn't see it? Just from a proclaimed useless page?

Boris your linked worked fine in the first place, I'm gonna watch the movie now....
that was a pretty nice review, the reviewer almost sounded like he's in lost of words at times during the video, maybe musics would help? hmmm... btw you can even hear the sounds notes/papers shuffling in his hands though
#19 - Gunn
Quote from Tweaker :Then why all the frustration you couldn't see it?

Frustration? You are clearly deluded. The file didn't (still isn't) loading. As I already said. If you can't read what people have written, don't assume you know what is going on. You don't. Insults won't help it get any better either.
Cool video, slow pace, but I think they gave it a fair enough review. Stanley is right, it could've used some music.

Quote from Boris Lozac :Yea, that confused me too.. but i think he said something like "they listen the players, and don't load the game with useless options", i think he was going to say that.. i only watched it once, can't remember now..

What they meant here was focused on the fact that the AI are useless. Before that quote they mentioned that the AI are better to not drive with at all -- for a beginner driver. True I'd say.

But still that quote does sound strange, "satisfy the players with useless options?" Eh? Maybe meaning that the game comes with an abundance of options, but some of them are useless

Anyways... putting this whole link deal aside... I just thought that link I posted would help, but that wasn't so helpful, and the site has some really wierd file protection (While downloading the movie even, it knew I was already getting the file from the same IP, so it prevented me)... just a wierd site.

For now I've uploaded it here: http://lfs.tweak.in/uploads/LFS_Motors_TV.avi
I really enjoyed the style of the review.

It may be a bit dry, but it actually lets you get an impression of the game.

I wish there was a game TV show that reviews games in this way, instead of the completely uninformative "trying to be cool and funny" stuff that we get now.
#22 - OPK
Great stuff

Thx for the link!!
nice review
wow, that's a really great advertisement for LFS

PS: gunn, what's your problem? illepall
nice review :up:

- I had Motors TV on cable last year,
and that speaker has a really irritating voice. :hyper:

LFS on MOTORS TV!
(79 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG