The online racing simulator
Peter Brock killed in targa rally.
(40 posts, started )
Blah :/
i am very sad to hear that he is goe, but this is the third thread today.
-
(ShannonN) DELETED by ShannonN
It seems nothing is going right in life at the moment and now one of the greatest drivers and greatest human beings has been taken away. Im still trying to come to grips that this has actualy happened and just dont want to believe that Brockie is gone. Im always going to remember the day I got to meet him at the Clipsal 500 circuit and what an awesome guy he was to all his fans who wanted to meet him. I give my condolances to Brockies family and that Peter is going to be sadley missed.
Rest in Peace Peter Perfect.....The King of the Mountain.....Brockie.....Peter
#31 - Gunn
Met him on several occasions during the early 80's to early 90's. A polite fellow somewhat absorbed by his own racing. Sad to see him go like this, there's no denying his achievements and contribution to motor sport. He had some more to give yet.
The media reports say his hand was tightly clasp around the steering wheel when they got to him and couldn't find a pulse .......

He gave 11/10ths always. Please view this example (I taped it of TV many years ago, excuse the poor quality)

http://www.trackdaymedia.com/m ... amp;d_op=getit&lid=48
Wtf. Bathurstgod!!111111111omg
Quote from farcar :Not offensive at all.
BTW Peter Brock was an Australian Touring car driver who won Bathurst 9 times. He is an absolute icon in Australia, like Don Bradman... or Steve Irwin. I can't think of an English equivalent, but Murray Wlaker leaps to mind, even though he wasn't a driver himself.

sir stirling moss, nigel mansell, andy rouse, keith duckworth, ben rood, mike costin..

oh and a shame he died.. seen some nice battles on video between him and andy rouse
Peter Brock Race Stats
Quote from soarer :The media reports say his hand was tightly clasp around the steering wheel when they got to him and couldn't find a pulse .......

He gave 11/10ths always. Please view this example (I taped it of TV many years ago, excuse the poor quality)

http://www.trackdaymedia.com/m ... amp;d_op=getit&lid=48

I love that lap. Apparently he had unwittingly set too much rear brake bias which is why he was all over the shop. Brilliant car control though.
Quote from soarer :
He gave 11/10ths always.

that line very much so goes against what alot of people close to him had to say about his driving. They said that he was one of those oldschool drivers who prefered to find the limit by by starting off at 8/10ths and working up to 10/10ths. unlike alot of drivers of the past 20 or so years that crash/go off the road and thats how they start to find where the limit is.
It was one of the classic laps and an inspiration to me ( I was only about 18 at that time).

If you have followed his career (not just his driving) you will know that he always gave everything, be it the days when he was winning everything or the days when he was in the BMW down 200HP on the top guys, the work with his foundation, the trees he planted on his property or his lifestyle choices. It is called passion and he had lots of it.
Thanks for the links Shannon and Soarer brought back many fond memories... still hard to believe he is gone and that it happened only a few kilometers from where I live.
Did so much for Australian motor sport. Obviously one of the key figures that got me into motor sport for sure. Such a great racer, will be sadly missed.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG