The online racing simulator
Peter Brock killed in targa rally.
(40 posts, started )
Peter Brock killed in targa rally.
My God, that's two in one week. Wow....

Not a good week for the Aussies, He'll be sorely missed
One of the greatest individuals in Australian Motorsport.

He will be greatly missed R.I.P
Brockie was one of my favorite people in the whole world.
What a sad week for Australians. 2 icons loast in a week.

Condolences to his familly, and may he rest in peace.

Not much I can say...we've lost a great champion and a real gentleman.

RIP Brocky
#6 - richo
Sad day for Australia, Peter Brock is dead..
Details are still pretty slim,but Peter Brock died today when his car hit a tree while competing in a Targa type race in Western Australia..
Brock, where have I seen that name. Did he used to run in V8 Brutes, or V8 Supercars?

If not then I can't say I know the chap. But I guess like Steve, he was lucky and died doing what he loved.

Sad for Aussies? I think not, sounds to me like you guys get it lucky, I'd love to die doing something I enjoy, then to die in a hospital bed hooked upto a machine sucking piss out of me (unless one enjoys that, in which case, by all means don't let me stop you).

[disclaimer: I am aware that some people will most probably find this offiensive in some way or another. If you're one of those people then you're too up your own arse to see that these two gents are two very lucky men, in that they had the best death one can have, you shouldn't be sad for them, even more so if you're religious, as they are going to what is said to be the greatest place ever. Be happy for them.]
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Brock, where have I seen that name. Did he used to run in V8 Brutes, or V8 Supercars?

"In 1997, Brock retired from full-time V8 Supercars racing"..."Nine-times Bathurst 1000 winner"

RIP Brocky
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Brock, where have I seen that name. Did he used to run in V8 Brutes, or V8 Supercars?

If not then I can't say I know the chap. But I guess like Steve, he was lucky and died doing what he loved.

Sad for Aussies? I think not, sounds to me like you guys get it lucky, I'd love to die doing something I enjoy, then to die in a hospital bed hooked upto a machine sucking piss out of me (unless one enjoys that, in which case, by all means don't let me stop you).

Not offensive at all.
BTW Peter Brock was an Australian Touring car driver who won Bathurst 9 times. He is an absolute icon in Australia, like Don Bradman... or Steve Irwin. I can't think of an English equivalent, but Murray Wlaker leaps to mind, even though he wasn't a driver himself.
#11 - GTS
To Aussie LFS racers Peter Brock gone not forgotten
A sad day for motor racing in Australia and New Zealand ... Peter Brock killed in a racing accident 20 km notrh of Perth WA. Hit a tree in John Forrest Reserve doing racing in the WA Targa. Bathurst was his playground ... some awesome drives mate.
#12 - Goop
not a fan... but holy crap :'(
Rest in Peace Peter Perfect. You will be sorely missed.

I'm so upset... Bathurst will be a very very sad event indeed, I'm sure it'll bring me to tears.
Very Very sad
Peter Brock - "King of the Mountain"

R.I.P Brocky
#17 - cdub
:-(
Never knew about this guy, but he definitely seems to be a legend. And dammit, nice car ruined too
I grew up watching Pete slay 'em at Bathurst from the early 80s until he semi-retired. For a while there it was as normal watching him win as it was getting up in the morning. Bathurst will indeed be an emotional race this year
My all time favourite race driver a very sad week indeed...

RIP Brocky
Peter Brock dead at 61 - 9 times bathurst winner
Hi all
A friend just emailed me saying P.Brock was killed in a rally accident in W.A

For non aussie, this guy was a legend and a V8 driver before and after it changed to the two make supercars series.

He was a big part of Aussie history and had a lot to do with the holden Torana development for racing , 6 cly and V8 types.

He raced as an independent in a beautiful A9X and showed many younger drivers how to become one with the car nurse it to the line etc

This will be an immense loss for the Motor racing fraternity

P.Brock legend RIP!

Link to one article here
-
(ShannonN) DELETED by ShannonN : dbl post
It is definetly a sad day in aussie motor sport...he was a inspiration to alot of people and was australias greats race driver...

May you Rest In Peace Brocky

Its been one emotional week.
Quote from ThePorko :It is definetly a sad day in aussie motor sport...he was a inspiration to alot of people and was australias greats race driver...

May you Rest In Peace Brocky

Its been one emotional week.

With "The Race" not that far away, I really think this will cloud the atmosphere and celebration that "The Race", always presents.

We all know the venue as The Mountain or Mt Panorama but at least once I think all will refer to it as Mt Brock.

It's hard to think that a race driver that has road raced on most major raceways and tracks of the world, in most types of cars, bar F1 and really I cannot remember him ever having a major crash in the 32 yrs I been watching production cars, Should go out in a targa race because of a tree!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Brock

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG