The online racing simulator
Thanks, now what would be interesting to see is how that memory goes when you join a server and more mods join. I am interested to see how high the memory usage goes as more mods are loaded, and if some limit is reached, which then causes the memory issue you reported.
Quote from Scawen :Thanks, now what would be interesting to see is how that memory goes when you join a server and more mods join. I am interested to see how high the memory usage goes as more mods are loaded, and if some limit is reached, which then causes the memory issue you reported.

that takes time and need to play at same time for it to crash
Sorry for quoting again. Also i have this too but might be for everyone.
Attached images
sdassdasdasda.png
Quote from Scawen :Thanks, now what would be interesting to see is how that memory goes when you join a server and more mods join. I am interested to see how high the memory usage goes as more mods are loaded, and if some limit is reached, which then causes the memory issue you reported.

In server i started with 1.2gb ram usage, then after 5 minutes right now memory went to 1.45gb and it crashed.
A also i am in TC city driving ram 300mb but the 1.2gb was in JAR.
Strange, I've been there at Westhill and my LFS memory usage was around 760 MB.

What do you do when you are there? Just in case it's something you do rather than something to do with your computer or settings.

What about graphics drivers? Are they updated, is there anything unusual about your graphics system?
Please do not misunderstand my intention, but I have a suggestion on this subject. Detecting game crashes or any technical problems is actually possible through some programs. I never want to name names. Wouldn't it be better to run that program, save all the in-game logs to a file and forward them to you? You will also save time. @scawen
Note: There may have been translation errors. We will run that program and send the logs to you.
Quote from Scawen :Strange, I've been there at Westhill and my LFS memory usage was around 760 MB.

What do you do when you are there? Just in case it's something you do rather than something to do with your computer or settings.

What about graphics drivers? Are they updated, is there anything unusual about your graphics system?

My lfs memory usage is 1.1 right now. I just drive around and drift sometimes if my mod has enough power.Yes the graphics settings is the latest 2022 pro edition software from amd, other adrenalin one was acting weird.
So i tested with kipieslim "compressed skins", "buffered frames", "sleep frames" and "fps limit", this didn't affect the memory usage at any point.

I had changed MSconfig settings for ram limit, but disabled those, and also have the number of processes enabled and on the amount of cores I have.
For graphics drivers am using Radeon pro 22q4 because I don't like adrenaline.
Also i get these things sometimes
Attached images
sadsadjsaigfhwaigoäfjhopigjaa.png
Maybe it's worth trying the Adrenaline drivers, if possible, to see how it affects thjis specific issue.
I don't know how much of a problem that might be but maybe there's an issue with the D3D9 support.
I tried it and messed up all other games + resolutions.
OK but how does it affect LFS?

If you could test and see if the memory usage issue and crash comes up with Adrenaline drivers, that would be useful information.
Yes but last time i tried i couldnt put 1080p resolution because everything started flickering a few pixels up and down.Also to fix it to normalish took me a few days so maybe as a last resort. Problem mostly in JAR would that info help? Very very rarely crashed in tc but in jar its often.
Well I have to stop discussing this now.

I'm sorry but your PC is the only one reported to have this problem, so I have to suggest there is something wrong with your PC's setup or its ability to deal with D3D9.

Maybe there is another reason to suspect there is something wrong with your PC or its settings, if ordinary games don't run with official drivers.

LFS has the reputation of being rock solid and not crashing. This is the first time in 20 years I've heard of "out of memory" and it's only your PC so I don't think I can deal with this.

[RealistAdam, an OOS bug is not a crash, so please don't talk about any other bugs on this thread which is specifically about crashes]
I also got a problem every 40mins my game crashes I don't have a solution for that in lcs server pls help me

Please do report crashes
(116 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG