The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :Thanks. Can you think of any more info, were there other people there, were you in your own vehicle, what sort of things were on screen? Did anyone else get a crash at the time? Were you using any special draw modes?

I don't know if any one else got the crash but i just left pits with XRR and game sort of lagged for a bit then froze and crashed. It's nice that you found the issue Smile
Everytime a server is pretty much full, like 20+ people lfs crashes for no reason. i do not know how to get error codes and need help if you need them, in game nothing happens, just freezes and closes.
Quote from ScammerGamerLOL :i do not know how to get error codes and need help if you need them, in game nothing happens, just freezes and closes.

Hi! Try the following and see if you find and share the following.

Quote from Scawen :Hello everyone!
On modern Windows it may look as if LFS has simply vanished. But there should be some more information that you can give me that can often lead me to the exact line of code that caused the crash.

That information may be found in the Windows Event Viewer. You can start the event viewer by typing "Event Viewer" in your search bar. Then in there you may find the information about the "Event" that was LFS crashing.

The sort of thing that I need to see is this lovely looking information:

Faulting application name: LFS.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x61aa28de
Faulting module name: LFS.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x61aa28de
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Offset Error: 0x000352fb

Quote from Silverracer :Hi! Try the following and see if you find and share the following.

as i said i dont know how
It doesn't sound like you are trying very hard. The instructions are there. The internet has many search engines. What do you think we can tell you, that you can't find by looking around a bit? We don't learn things by just sitting there and saying "I don't know how to do it".
Quote from Scawen :It doesn't sound like you are trying very hard. The instructions are there. The internet has many search engines. What do you think we can tell you, that you can't find by looking around a bit? We don't learn things by just sitting there and saying "I don't know how to do it".

Could have been bit nicer but sorry. The instructions in forum were unclear to me. Anyway,
Faulting application name: LFS.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x657f23d9
Faulting module name: LFS.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x657f23d9
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0008b021
Faulting process id: 0x3b0
Faulting application start time: 0x01da5201adc6ec89
Faulting application path: C:\LFS\LFS.exe
Faulting module path: C:\LFS\LFS.exe
Report Id: 05fe0cde-bbf3-4f0c-b27e-e7657b732658
Faulting package full name:
nothing personnal @scammergamerLOL but what scawen just wrote is the basic of survival, even in real world
much too much people need a teacher to go ahead, so much can't even TRY, and just ask questions on servers. How to join game ? How to spectate ? how to increase braking ? how to start LFS ? how to think ?

Hmm am going a bit far maybe, but well, it's a plague, everyone wastes times here.
Good luck with ur bugs, looks like a nice one.
Thanks, that is a useful crash address, it is a line of code in LFS, in a function that merges subobjects. I haven't nailed it down yet but I do have to look into it. I have suspicion that a bad mod (exceeding limits) may be involved, although that's not really an excuse for LFS to crash.

I wonder if anyone (who didn't crash at the time) has a replay of the event, in case I might be able to reproduce the crash locally.

[EDIT: I've got it down to the line of code where the crash occurs, but it's still not clear to me why it happens. A replay may be helpful or any other information such as a mod that can cause this crash.]
Quote from Scawen :Thanks, that is a useful crash address, it is a line of code in LFS, in a function that merges subobjects. I haven't nailed it down yet but I do have to look into it. I have suspicion that a bad mod (exceeding limits) may be involved, although that's not really an excuse for LFS to crash.

I wonder if anyone (who didn't crash at the time) has a replay of the event, in case I might be able to reproduce the crash locally.

[EDIT: I've got it down to the line of code where the crash occurs, but it's still not clear to me why it happens. A replay may be helpful or any other information such as a mod that can cause this crash.]

Sometimes says cannot allocate memory for some reason with new mods too i forgot about that.
Well that is strange, and also maybe useful information. In fact I was thinking this bug could only occur if an allocation failed. But LFS is not checking most memory allocations, as it should be nowhere near the limit.

I am surprised if a mod could be so large that a memory allocation failed.

Please could you look in your LFS\mods\vehicles folder and sort by date (to see most recently downloaded mods). And inside each of those folders you will find a .veh file. Can you check the file size and let me know if you find any with a very large file size? For example a reasonable size is somewhere around 1MB (approx 1000 KB or a bit more). But if you find some with a lot more, that might be interesting to know about. In that case please report the mod's name, including the version number (like this: UF 1300~005).

EDIT: Maybe a better idea: If you could click on the folder of any mod and click "properties" then it will add up all the files in that folder and show a "Size" value. This value should be below 10MB even for really detailed mods. But let me know if you see any with a high number of MB.

EDIT2: Some of my thoughts here were based on a report by RealistAdam that actually is probably something different. I think our thoughts need to be a bit different if the problem is only happening on ScammerGamer's computer and not everyone else's too. I am puzzled to hear of failed allocations because we have not heard of that until now. Scammer, you said something like it always happens if a server is getting full with more than 20 mods. How reliable is this, is it really every time? Or was it really on a particular day on a particular server? Is this a new thing? If so, when did it start? Does it happen to anyone else? I think we need more information to try and see a pattern.
quick look at last updated mods since 2 days
>10mb
8JFZ SUPERCELESTRAL~017
MC SPLANTER~027

>9mb
BZ30 ROADSTER~044
BZ30 ROADSTER SPORT~027
BZ30 ROADSTER GTR~023
And also I'm going to say one more thing. It sounds so obvious and like a joke but ScammerGamerLOL have you restarted the computer?

I mean, I shut mine down every day and start fresh in the morning but I heard some people don't do this. A PC that hasn't restarted for a long time might end up with a scrambled memory and maybe that could lead to failed allocations.
actually better check the .veh, most of size is often textures
by checking each .veh I can find

latest updated
BD9115~003 1.2mb
BS ORIVIA~017
FLPPDRIFT 004~001 1.9mb
FLPPTRCK 009~009
FLPPTRCK 010~011 1.5mb
XRT STREET TUNE~013
TURIMSKYLEBLOKE~027

"old"
GM_SST_JM9~005
MSPORTS15~032
4AGE POWERED MY FALCON~005
6 CANECO~008 1.4mb
36E3M~001
40PONEI~011
180RS COUPE~039 2mb
180RS~032 2mb
199 GTR FORCHE~006 1.4mb
199 TURBO FORCHE~028 1.7mb
240RS~023
1994 ETK K-SERIES~010
AC_ED_SILLC13~001
AC_ED_TUZALTI~001
ACMO GT3 TFASK~003

i stopped there because there are so much, better write some script to find them
Quote from Scawen :And also I'm going to say one more thing. It sounds so obvious and like a joke but ScammerGamerLOL have you restarted the computer?

I mean, I shut mine down every day and start fresh in the morning but I heard some people don't do this. A PC that hasn't restarted for a long time might end up with a scrambled memory and maybe that could lead to failed allocations.

I unplug pc every time i close it incase of power outages. So pc might be restarted 2-3 times per day.
Quote from Scawen :...

It happens mostly on just a ride, some times takes more time until crashes and sometimes less time,least amount of crashes are on tc city driving where there are limited number of allowed mods.
It happens most of the time. Been happening for a while.And ive tried reinstalling too didnt work.
Quote from Scawen :...

Hello. Since I was mentioned, I want to add something. I had a report about game audio disappearing and instant drops. In fact, it is still an ongoing problem. But I didn't have the opportunity to spend time on modded servers. Even if I log in, I forget to turn on geforce experience. That's why I haven't been able to create a complete proof. As Scawen said, I think my problem is related to the mods. I have no idea what the connection problems we are experiencing are related to. I sent them the necessary photo. I think there is no need to dwell too much on this issue. Normally I wouldn't spend time creating such a report, but connection problems to the server for 10-15 minutes made us wonder if it was a permanent error. There is no need to worry. I wish you good work. Big grin
Quote from turbofan :actually better check the .veh, most of size is often textures

That's why I suggested to check the whole folder. It seems that even a way overgrown .veh of 2 mb (more than double a reasonable size) couldn't really be responsible for running out of memory. And Scammer said he gets an allocation error that sounds like it's when the downloaded archive is extracted. So as it seems unlikely that it could be the .veh alone I thought it might be useful to include textures and audio files.

[EDIT but thank you for the .veh reports anyway, they are interesting too even if unlikely to cause this issue.]

[EDIT2: Unpublished some mods that exceed vertex and triangle limits. Probably nothing to do with Scammer's issue though.
FLPPDRIFT 004 - configs other than default exceed limits
FLPPTRCK 010 - configs other than default exceed limits
199 TURBO FORCHE - spoke exceeds limits - 64k triangles per wheel!
BETA TIME ATTACK - 32k triangles per wheel]

Quote from ScammerGamerLOL :I unplug pc every time i close it incase of power outages. So pc might be restarted 2-3 times per day.

Is there any other issue that could affect your PC, do you have a good amount of RAM, is your hard drive full, are you running a lot of other programs at the same time?

If you have the time to check the size of some mod folders that could be helpful. You just right click and select "properties". Then report "size". If there are some significantly over 10MB I'd like to hear about it.

One more thing you could try, Options... Graphics... Textures... "low res"
12gb ddr3 and only discord. I tried lower graphics too. My graphics are full and has 200 fps but tried lowest possible still happened.
Later today will see the mods folder.
Quote from Scawen :That's why I suggested to check the whole folder. It seems that even a way overgrown .veh of 2 mb (more than double a reasonable size) couldn't really be responsible for running out of memory. And Scammer said he gets an allocation error that sounds like it's when the downloaded archive is extracted. So as it seems unlikely that it could be the .veh alone I thought it might be useful to include textures and audio files.

[EDIT but thank you for the .veh reports anyway, they are interesting too even if unlikely to cause this issue.]

[EDIT2: Unpublished some mods that exceed vertex and triangle limits. Probably nothing to do with Scammer's issue though.
FLPPDRIFT 004 - configs other than default exceed limits
FLPPTRCK 010 - configs other than default exceed limits
199 TURBO FORCHE - spoke exceeds limits - 64k triangles per wheel!
BETA TIME ATTACK - 32k triangles per wheel]

Is there any other issue that could affect your PC, do you have a good amount of RAM, is your hard drive full, are you running a lot of other programs at the same time?

If you have the time to check the size of some mod folders that could be helpful. You just right click and select "properties". Then report "size". If there are some significantly over 10MB I'd like to hear about it.

One more thing you could try, Options... Graphics... Textures... "low res"

MC SPLANTER~027 11mb only one i found after scrolling 10 minute.
Thanks for the check.

EDIT: I am a bit confused at this point. I don't deny it could be an LFS problem but I am quite confused that we have not heard the same report from anyone else. I don't really have any idea why your computer would not seem to allow LFS to allocate as much memory as it can on other computers. So I don't know what else to suggest at this point.

I have realised the excessive wheels problem is more extreme than I knew before, and I am working on a system to report them back so I can unpublish the offending mods. But that is more about the pit-out glitch. I don't believe the memory saving will be very significant so I don't see it solving your problem.

One request, it would be cool if people would not quote the entire post when they reply.

The forum is more readable if there are not huge quotes on the page.
Ah okay sorry about that. This is the message. Had to rejoin server for mod to be downloaded and later checked it said its 12.5mb CHORUS ATTENDANZE XT-Z 4R~007
Attached images
imagedsafdasfas.png
Thanks, it's completely baffling, never have I heard of such a thing since 2002. Why on earth LFS runs out of memory on your computer, and we still have not heard this report from anyone else.

Does your computer have any other problems with other software?

Which version of Windows is it?

Is your LFS a plain installation (not with massive texture addon packs etc) ?
No other problems, except ETS2 had some problem after playing for a while but not happening anymore i think. I have windows 10pro. Yes its plain i dont like the addons.
One suggestion to get some more info.

If you run task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) then in "Processes" tab and start LFS in a window you can see LFS.exe which should be somewhere on the page if you sort by CPU or Memory.

The thing to do is watch the "Memory" number when you do some things in LFS. As a first test just load a small track (layout square) then a big track (Westhill) then load a small track again. The memory usage should go up when you load the big track then down again when you load the smaller track.

If that seems to work, now go online and see what happens. Does your memory usage go up and up and up, and then you get the memory allocation problem? Or does it all look OK and then you just get the problem anyway?

I hope you see what I mean, maybe you can run LFS in a window so you can see the task manager at the same time and just let us know what the memory usage does. Maybe there will be a clue in the result.
using XRG loaded layout square is 130-135mb . Westhill is 660mb but with time waiting drops to 612mb. Loaded layout square again and it dropped to 160mb but with time to 140mb.

Please do report crashes
(116 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG