Attention faster111
(258 posts, started )
I spent a lot of last night/this morning play CRC, and I found that turning off all autoclutch features is fun because you stall, but having to use a button bound to your wheel isn't fun for a clutch, so I turned a spare mouse into my clutch pedal works great, though I'm slightly slower in LFS now (not that I was blindingly fast before). I really should have been sleeping like 7-8 hours ago, but oh well. Might just jack up on coffee and see if I can make it to midnight

Quote from Jakg :by wednesday i have to be back at school giving in a 2,500 word bit of coursework i've only just started, fix my keyboard, fix my pc (x2), and do the other 20 million jobs i wanted to do!

That's only about 5 pages of A4 (assuming you use Tahoma in font size 10). A nights work for me. I did a 5 page report on Multicore CPU's for uni the night before it was due. Then when I was in the lecture before handing it in I remembered I should add sources so I hit google on the uni WiFi and got a couple of white papers and added a link to the bottom, never checked if they were relevent.
some useless crap i found out:

"i found that Suffolk spends £160,000,000 on traffic management each year, once I knew that I tried to find out how much each traffic management system would cost, I found out that a crossing can cost between £30,000 & £70,000 depending on the location, a toucan crossing costs £40,000, Zebra crossings are £15,000-£30,000 each. I conclude that Suffolk county council spends money like water"

more stats

£448,000 on a bridge accross a small river

£1 million on a small rail bridge

£2 million on a slightly large rail bridge

putting up those "20's plenty" signs (an "encouraged" speed limit) in suffolk alone, cost £315,000 and £160,000 (yes, its entered in their notes twice, either someone made a cock up, or someone got a new house off it!)

£60,000 on a "Bus Turning Point"

"Lowesift" improvements (i checked, thats a typo, although they spent £75,000 on it!)

£56,000 on a "Station Road Zebra" (i think they mean crossing, but still!)

£100,000 on "Stowmakket", another typo!

in suffolk alone!
some stats about my home town(village),
  • its shit
  • theres nothing to do
  • theres to many chavs
  • the tap water smells funny
  • theres thousands of dead animals burried not far away
  • the indian take-away is crap,
  • we have 6 windmilss
  • we are known for being scruffy
  • the weather is terrible
  • we spend around £2 per year on regeneration
Quote from Captain Slow :some stats about my home town(village),
  • its shit
  • theres nothing to do
  • theres to many chavs
  • the tap water smells funny
  • theres thousands of dead animals burried not far away
  • the indian take-away is crap,

stats about next door

to the right - a chapel
to the left - a girl with attention problems (she like it, and makes up stuff to get it - ie, she claims to have been raped :schwitz

PS - SPAM!
Quote from Jakg :

to the left - a girl with attention problems (she like it, and makes up stuff to get it - ie, she claims to have been raped :schwitz

PS - SPAM!

theres one everywhere. we have one who keeps saying she going to move away, then everyone says oodbye, then she doesnt, then she once cut her stomach with a knife. queer lass
Quote from Captain Slow :theres one everywhere. we have one who keeps saying she going to move away, then everyone says oodbye, then she doesnt, then she once cut her stomach with a knife. queer lass

i think the locals think im a peado - as part of my geography coursework i went to the local school and took photos of the "School run mum's Banzai parking manovers" and mothers rushed their children away from me!
Quote from Jakg :I conclude that Suffolk county council spends money like water

The same happens all over the world. Tax payers pay for it, so they just waste it. One of the great ones here. £10,000,000 was spent making one half of my street look pretty, they now decied that that end of the street still looks like shit, but with pretty bits, and my end has been protected by some historical thingy (so none of the houses can be changed to look anything other than what they do now), so this end is being left alone, and that end is being flattened. All in all it's going to cost the tax payers upwards of £100,000,000 by the time they are done.

On a plus side the house prices on this side have gone up 20 fold, and all the scum are slowly being moved out, so it's starting to become a nice area to live in again
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :The same happens all over the world. Tax payers pay for it, so they just waste it. One of the great ones here. £10,000,000 was spent making one half of my street look pretty, they now decied that that end of the street still looks like shit, but with pretty bits, and my end has been protected by some historical thingy (so none of the houses can be changed to look anything other than what they do now), so this end is being left alone, and that end is being flattened. All in all it's going to cost the tax payers upwards of £100,000,000 by the time they are done.

On a plus side the house prices on this side have gone up 20 fold, and all the scum are slowly being moved out, so it's starting to become a nice area to live in again

i cant find it in my "super council dossier of money wasting" but iirc they spent £30,000 on a Bus Lane that is about 1/2 a mile long!
Quote from Jakg :i think the locals think im a peado - as part of my geography coursework i went to the local school and took photos of the "School run mum's Banzai parking manovers" and mothers rushed their children away from me!

you dont want to know what people think of me (just waiting for whizzkidone to make his tenth post now). all i do is act slightly camp and you get accused of allsorts.

Quote from Jakg :i cant find it in my "super council dossier of money wasting" but iirc they spent £30,000 on a Bus Lane that is about 1/2 a mile long!

thats alot of graffiti and piss

EDit: aahh, buss lane, not buss stand.
Quote from Jakg :i cant find it in my "super council dossier of money wasting" but iirc they spent £30,000 on a Bus Lane that is about 1/2 a mile long!

Nice.

This year the council spent around £100,000 on sticking some new islands at round-abouts, which do nothing other than make it harder to get off the damn things. So many cars have crashed because of the changes, so in their wisdom "We'll pull them out again" O_o
little puzzle for you to solve while i cook a pizza

If a 747 was on a large conveyor belt, travelling in the opposite direction, and it tried to take off - would it?
I just woke up
depends what you mean. if it was alowed to move in the right direction it should, but also depends on speed of convayor belt. anyway wat u plannin on doing?

Quote :I just woke up

good for you. have a good sleep?
Quote from Captain Slow :depends what you mean. if it was alowed to move in the right direction it should, but also depends on speed of convayor belt. anyway wat u plannin on doing?

doesnt matter, lets say as hard as the wheels o forward, the conveyor goes in the opposite direction at the same speed?
No, it wouldn't.

The plane needs speed to take off, without the speed it gets from the runway it'll be unable to fly, just make a lot of noise.
correct phsyco

it needs to move for the air to move faster over the top of wing, and slower under the bottom, to create difference in airpressure resulting in lift. apparently. to my knowledge. had the engines been infront of the wing, forceing air over and under it, then theoretically it could be possible,, but due to the weight ov a 747, no way.
check your pm's!
check yours
anyone else fancy having a go?
@jakg, your full of knowledge, explain a paradox to me. iv never understood what it means. i thought it was i bit like a contradiction but apperently it isnt.
Quote from Captain Slow :@jakg, your full of knowledge, explain a paradox to me. iv never understood what it means. i thought it was i bit like a contradiction but apperently it isnt.

errrr, i cant....

wait

Its a set of logical correct statements, that when added together make an impossible statement

Take the time paradox

I make a time machine, and i go back to kill my dad before i was born, however as i kill him i make myself never exist, and therefore i either exist as an omni-present "out of the loop" person, or i do not exist, but if i do not exist how do i kill someone!

Does that make sense?

EDIT - better explanation i just made up

its a set of logical correct facts, however once added up create an incorrect conclusion

Lemme think of an example...

Water is used to put out fires (or complete combustion)
Water is H20
Water contains Hydrogen and Oxygen
Hydrogen and Oxygen are explosive

all of those statements are correct, however by drawing that together i get:

Ergo water is explosive

However i said at the start that water is used to put out fires

Do you understand?
aah right i see
sort of
ill try and think of an example
Quote from Captain Slow :good for you. have a good sleep?

Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Good morning my dear.

Aww. Slept very nicely and peacefully. Dreamed of daisies and girls running around on a meadow, with a mouse and a cat talking to each other whether there will be a car balancing patch coming any time soon...

oops
-
(Funnybear) DELETED by Funnybear
Heres one:

I am single (as of a few months ago)
I am sometimes funny
Women claim to like humor

Ergo i am a sex god

you see?

Funnybear - please explain the be-your-own-father one to me! as i see it then maybe you could sleep with your own mother and make a brother (as sick as that is!), however to sleep with your mother and create you would imply that before you went the child you created (you) did not exist before, if that is true then you didnt exist when you traveled back to a time when you didnt exist

Oww, my head hurts!

Attention faster111
(258 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG