The online racing simulator
When trying to upload the mod file for review (ID - 7DC304), I'm getting a HTTP ERROR 500. Could you check? Thanks in advance.

Quick tip I got: This mod name is 27 characters, but LFS limits names to 25 characters. Can you confirm this?
Somehow when you submit a mod and choose a name, theres no characters limit, until you try to upload. Then anything more than 25 chars throws an error.
I've notified Victor about the 500 error.

About the 25 character limit, exactly when does that bug show up? The correct limit is 27 characters.
Quote from superlame :Somehow when you submit a mod and choose a name, theres no characters limit, until you try to upload. Then anything more than 25 chars throws an error.

Yup, that's the issue. I re-uploaded the mod with a shorter name and it worked. Thanks @Superlame!

Hopefully, @Victor steps up and limits the characters on the mod name upload system or makes it give an error back for this issue. Rather than hitting HTTP 500 ERROR.

Quote from Scawen :I've notified Victor about the 500 error.

About the 25 character limit, exactly when does that bug show up? The correct limit is 27 characters.

The name was "PANTHER 911 GT3 COMPETITION" (exactly 27 characters). Everything was perfect until I uploaded the mod file. Then I got the HTTP 500 and this was the result:

I tried uploading the same file with the same name as V2 and I got back "HTTP 500" again. I also tried making the name shorter and everything was perfect, but the mod web system was seeking the original longer name, so uploading was unsuccessful. I deleted that mod and re-submitted the same files with a new ID and shorter name (PANTHER 911 COMPETITION) and success. Hopefully this helps.
Attached images
V1-mod-for-review.png
Quote from r3zp3k7 :When trying to upload the mod file for review (ID - 7DC304), I'm getting a HTTP ERROR 500. Could you check? Thanks in advance.

Quick tip I got: This mod name is 27 characters, but LFS limits names to 25 characters. Can you confirm this?

Can you try again please?

I don't think this bug was related to the (length of the) name though. The name was not a variable related to this particular problem.
Quote from Victor :Can you try again please?

I don't think this bug was related to the (length of the) name though. The name was not a variable related to this particular problem.

Hey @Victor, again HTTP 500. New mod ID -> 439141.
Quote from Victor :Can you try again please?

I think the problem is actually the lenght since I have seen 2-3 mod submissions with 27 characters that had the same error. The most recent example is "DH CHORUS ATTENDANZE XT-Z4R" exactly 27 chars. It threw the exact same error. Vote mod submission thread gets created, but there is no thumbnail ( the little car picture), also you cannot download the mod. New submission with this name - "CHORUS ATTENDANZE XT-Z 4R" 25 chars and it is good.
Quote from Victor :

Hey, I know it's the holidays and we're probably gonna work on this afterward. I just wanna let you know that I can send you the 27 characters 7z file somewhere, so you can test it internally. You can try uploading it on the same bugged mod(ID:439141). Just let me know at some point. I'll keep the files for now. Cheers. Merry X-Mas! 🎄
Thank you for the reports and tests with long names. I tried uploading a simple test mod at some point, to confirm the issue. Victor found and fixed a bug relating to the long names. Something to do with not allowing enough space for the version identifier (like ~001). I guess that means only 23 character names were really possible.

I verified the fix with an upload and it seemed to work. Sorry it took a while, hope its sorted now.
EDIT by Scawen: This D8 crash is now fixed in D9

After updating, LFS Editor 0.7d8 started crashing while exporting the mod for upload

Faulting application name: LFS_EDITOR.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, timestamp: 0x63e53257
Faulting module name: LFS_EDITOR.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, timestamp: 0x63e53257
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Error offset: 0x00082cde
Faulting process ID: 0x250c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d93cb380a376ef
Faulting application path: C:\LFS_EDITOR\LFS_EDITOR.exe
Faulting module path: C:\LFS_EDITOR\LFS_EDITOR.exe
Report ID: f4e066b5-b803-41aa-8174-eca1e618df59
Quote from iiiiil :After updating, LFS Editor 0.7d8 started crashing while exporting the mod for upload

I get that too, will look into it right now. [EDIT: D8 crash is fixed in D9]

Quote from kenblock30 :is there any way to add some shortcuts for functions like extrude, duplicate points or fuse to green? It could be really helpful for us who are modeling on the editor

Someone else suggested that too.
"like duplicate points/triangles (maybe CTRL+D) and flip triangles (CTRL+F)"
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/2011801#post2011801

I think the difficulty I have is in prioritising which functions should have shortcut keys and try to avoid clashes now or in the future. Maybe you can think of a few suggestions, and post them in that thread? Try to stick to most important and often repeated functions, to save me too much work at this time.
OK, the crash is fixed in D9.

Sorry about that, should have tested export. Schwitz
I've had notifications about two uploaded mods failing to get through the checks in the system. I believe they were saved from the updated editor.

In the first mod, it was related to a value in the setup that doesn't apply to the mod's suspension type (Caster is non-zero in the setup, although suspension type is MacPherson). Previous versions of LFS would set that value to zero, but the latest version doesn't do that so there is a mismatch in the files.

I have to think of the best way round this. In the meantime, if you encounter this problem, you could fix it by reloading the veh in the previous version of the editor (0.7C3) and saving it out again. That should correct the values in the setup as needed.

I haven't yet investigated the mod that was uploaded this morning, but I guess it would be a similar issue.

Here is a link for the C3 editor in case you need it to load and resave the veh (to correct the values in the default setup). You can place the exe in the folder beside your D9 exe and it should work fine.
https://www.lfs.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_EDITOR_PATCH_7A_TO_7C3.zip
Yes, that is this morning's car. I don't understand about "breaks the vehicle API". That doesn't look like a very elegant solution for when the mod processing fails, but I guess it's complicated by being a version update.

I'll have a think about the best solution for this (I have two general possibilities to consider) but hopefully that mod's creator could fix the issue by resaving in C3 as described above.
OK, that problem should be resolved in D10. If the setup is adjusted when the car is created, and the car is in the vehicle editor, then it should copy those changes back into the default setup. This mimics what was done in previous versions (before the changes for multithreading).

Also:

CTRL+D: duplicate triangles or points in tri or point modes
SHIFT+P: select selection's points / select connected triangles
Disabled point selection by middle button in build and point modes
Scawen, new issue with the patch.. Me including others cant seem to make a new mod.. When pressing new (to create a mod) it just crashes, here is the image too.
Thank you for that report. I did test new "object" but not car - and I get the same as you. Will fix!
That crash is fixed now (in D11).

Added CTRL+N to create new point. It's not much but I plan to extend CTRL+N and CTRL+D to other screens like mapping/cutout/page.

I'm interested in opinions on other hotkeys/shortcuts:
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/2036125#post2036125
Thank you scawen
Just came across an issue with LFS Editor, I tried to change the graphics card from the integrated on-board card to my GeForce GTX 1650 and now I can't launch editor, it keeps saying saying "Error, no outputs found"
How can I fix this?
Thanks
Never mind, I opened the CFG text file in the LFS_Editor folder and changed the Adapter value from "1" to "0" and now its working again
Scawen, are you aware of the mod issue?
when we update our mods it is shown 'The mod is not known on this server' .. this includes all the recently updated mods, its been quite a few hours(23+)
That's the first I've heard about it. I've sent a message to Victor.

EDIT: Looks like it's working again now. Thanks for the info. Thumbs up
Hey, just tried updating from 7c.

The new LFS_EDITOR.exe file won't work. Opens up a black screen.

Had to use the 7c LFS_EDITOR.exe. Everything seems fine and it says 7c on the bottom of the entry screen even with the 7d19 data files and bin folder.

Win10 here.

Cheers!
This thread is closed

Cleanup - bugs fixed / problems solved
(405 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG