The online racing simulator
There seems to be a bug in the editor - the skin page gets unassigned when reloading texture:

7 speed gearboxes conflict with torque split settings on AWD cars;

Quote from Scawen :Thanks, I agree my 'improvement' to the names above cars is doing some strange things. Shy It was supposed to raise them a bit for the high vehicles, but it seems to vary depending on the track, or location. I'll look into that!

Is that damage problem reproducible? Does it happen only to that car or did you see it on others?

I haven't seen any other cases in other mods/official cars, its probably something with the .veh Petals
Sorry if this has already been reported, but wrong skins loading for the mod cars.
I don't remember hearing of that before. If it is reproducible then I can fix it. It would be great if it is visible in an MPR, then I could reproduce it directly in the debugger.

EDIT: OK, I have some examples of this in my skins_x and skins_y folders. It seems the names and skins are getting confused somehow. Thanks for the report, I'll look into this now.

EDIT2: I found the bug, and it will be fixed in the next version! Smile
Writing here since I didn't find more appropriate thread/discussion.. [EDIT by Scawen: moved to bug thread]

So, I think this message for when someone is connecting, and when someone fails to connect is getting a bit annoying.. This message "lfsname failed to connect" appears every time someone tries to joint he server and the server is full. Maybe more player slots and driving slots or just removing this message that appears will be cool

That doesn't appear to me to be working as designed. The first thing I think of is that they shouldn't be accepted as a new guest if the host is full. So it looks more like a sort of bug. But tell me if I'm missing something here!

EDIT: Looking in the code, it seems that there isn't really a bug in the joining code between host and the new guest. The 'bug' or irritation is that the host is sending this notification about the guest joining, too early in the joining process. So that's something for fix in the next version.
Quote from superlame :Sorry if this has already been reported, but wrong skins loading for the mod cars.

This is now fixed in W50.

You can get W50 by clicking "List of Hosts" in LFS.
Im getting a error message when updating the game to W50 from the ingame server browser. It exits the game when i click download and this pops up.

Live for speed restarter

could not extract: LFS_PATCH_W43_TO_W50.EXE
Quote from G13Haze :Im getting a error message when updating the game to W50 from the ingame server browser. It exits the game when i click download and this pops up.

Live for speed restarter

could not extract: LFS_PATCH_W43_TO_W50.EXE

I got similar issue, just run LFS_PATCH_W43_TO_W50.EXE as Admin.
Quote from ahromenko :I got similar issue, just run LFS_PATCH_W43_TO_W50.EXE as Admin.

Ah i ran lfs as admin and it did the trickk
nice thank you.
When I drive original LFS cars, the driver anim are not correct and loading random FOV and driver anims or driver arms and they are stable not moving. With all the new test patches all were same no anim or random driver FOV and position.
Quote from htunsal :When I drive original LFS cars, the driver anim are not correct and loading random FOV and driver anims or driver arms and they are stable not moving. With all the new test patches all were same no anim or random driver FOV and position.

This happens if you did not have version V installed before installing the test patch.

Maybe you had version U installed.

You can fix it with a fresh V install (or patch U_TO_V then V_TO_W49)
Quote from Scawen :I don't remember hearing of that before. If it is reproducible then I can fix it. It would be great if it is visible in an MPR, then I could reproduce it directly in the debugger.

EDIT: OK, I have some examples of this in my skins_x and skins_y folders. It seems the names and skins are getting confused somehow. Thanks for the report, I'll look into this now.

EDIT2: I found the bug, and it will be fixed in the next version! Smile

It's been a constant issue since the test patches started. Every day in TC, cops are accused of not having a proper police skin, and civilians -- of carrying a cop skin.

Restarting LFS actually fixes it for a while.
Quote from detail :It's been a constant issue since the test patches started. Every day in TC, cops are accused of not having a proper police skin, and civilians -- of carrying a cop skin.

Restarting LFS actually fixes it for a while.

This is fixed in W50, which was released yesterday (through the auto-updater). Are you saying you have observed a similar bug in W50?

I fixed the bug within a few hours of the first report of the bug. It would be most helpful if people do report bugs in test patches, because if I don't hear about them, I'm not likely to fix them!
Quote from Scawen :Are you saying you have observed a similar bug in W50?

No, I didn't see it happen after that so far.
Thanks! Good to hear. It was a tricky bug to track down!
Quote from Scawen :
I fixed the bug within a few hours of the first report of the bug. It would be most helpful if people do report bugs in test patches, because if I don't hear about them, I'm not likely to fix them!

I asked a few days ago on the server whether it had been reported yet - I was told "yes, several times". Evidently not reported on the forums where it would actually be useful Face -> palm
Haha yeah. Well maybe it was but we just don't know where! Big grin

Anyway, superlame reported it before it was too late! Smile
I don’t think this is a mistake, but it’s not cool.
1.if there are many subobjects in the model, then I start to get confused where is which subobject (due to the non-use of that very field, the name is 20 bytes)
2.It seemed to me, but when merging subobjects with the main one, the rest of the sub-objects stand in some random order
Got a .png file error which prohibits me from testing my mod.

Images included for further reference
Attached images
14445495-11E3-4F95-8D22-998FAF6628AA.jpeg
76AFEB68-AB34-4917-9849-DCB31244A84C.jpeg
18F0920A-323E-4715-8BB0-E5DD56DE11E9.jpeg
D109B9B4-3085-4859-AC2B-506CFA9BDA76.jpeg
69A779F5-C6B0-4D65-8DB6-C6C6A5EDA7F9.jpeg
113FC795-7326-4904-BA3F-6D31B12C10DD.jpeg
The error seems to be that one of the pages of one or more of the subobjects of your model, refers to a texture named 525846_0C.png that is not found in your png folder.

Also the main object refers to a texture named "page 3.png" which seems unlikely. You need to make sure that all pages refer to actual png textures.

And those png textures must be square and "power of 2" e.g. 256x256, 512x512, 1024x1024
Quote from Scawen :The error seems to be that one of the pages of one or more of the subobjects of your model, refers to a texture named 525846_0C.png that is not found in your png folder.

Also the main object refers to a texture named "page 3.png" which seems unlikely. You need to make sure that all pages refer to actual png textures.

And those png textures must be square and "power of 2" e.g. 256x256, 512x512, 1024x1024

page 3 i made myself, will be renamed when i get closer to actual release, it's a 1024x1024 png white image. my problem is i don't have any textures on my car named 525846~OC, it even gives a fault message when trying to load in texture with '~' in it's name.
Quote from denis-takumi :Нет доступа
Свяжитесь с владельцем или войдите в аккаунт с правом доступа.

Fixed.
This thread is closed

Cleanup - bugs fixed / problems solved
(405 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG