The online racing simulator
Reporting this again as it might be a bug?

For some reason I still can't update the editor. Black screen using the given LFS Editor.exe.

Old 7c editor exe works fine even with the updated 7d20 data and bin files but the start screen still says 7c and I don't have the new features described.

Also just tried with a fresh LFS Editor install and had the same outcome.

No anti-virus blocking the app, won't change the outcome when ran as administrator. Win10 here.

Cheers!
I don't know why that could be. I don't remember hearing any similar report. Is there any clue in deb.log?

I can't remember if a default install starts in a window or not, but you could try editing cfg.txt to make sure it starts in a window.

Did you unzip correctly? The new cso files should be in a bin\shaders2 folder.
Default starts in a window. Changed it in the cfg file back and forth and no success.

Unzipped it correctly. The cso files are in the correct folder.

deb.log attached!

PS. Did another clean install and it worked fine. No clue on what was the issue but it worked now. Thanks for the attention!
Attached files
deb.txt - 806 B - 85 views
There is a problem when you set "show subobs" to NO, you lose the focus on the selected object - when you press scroll wheel button or RMB & LMB the camera doesn't rotate around selected object - it kinda lose focus and it's hard to zoom too.
Attached images
1.JPG
I see, the ray check is still disabled on the subobjects, so LFS doesn't know which part of the model you are pointing at, then camera control doesn't work properly and you can't select triangles by CTRL+click.
That's fixed in D21. Thanks for the report.

FIX: Editor ray check did not work on selected subobject if show subobs NO
Info about triangle / point errors is not repeated for mirrored subobjects
I just updated to 0.7D21 and opened my model that made in 0.7C.

There's a strange thing happening with 'bad normals'.
Error appears only at one side of helmet vent, but vent itself is made by mirroring one side to another and is symmetric. At the same time vent itself is a clone of other vents, but they do not have this error. Also, current version of LFS (0.7D) does not show any error ingame.

I can reorient edges to fix it, no problem for me, but it looks strange. I think I have to let you know.
Attached images
lfs_00001767.jpg
lfs_00001768.jpg
lfs_00001769.jpg
Thanks for the report.

Are they actual mirrored triangles? I've deliberately made it so that mirrored triangles don't report the same error twice.

Other than that, I can't say much without looking at a copy of the model in my editor. If you'd like, you can cut away most of your model, leaving just enough to show the apparent error and attach it here so I can look at it.
Here it is. No secret. It's public. The full version of mod is here if you like it.
All vents are clones of central vent. So virtually they are all the same, except for angle they pointing.

Also.. Did you remove the scaling function for the whole object? And will there ever be an option to scale whole model with mappings by any single axis?
Attached files
helmet_01.zip - 39.6 KB - 83 views
All right, I'll look later.

Quote from Snoop.DriftEra :Also.. Did you remove the scaling function for the whole object?

It's moved to the top right (in subob mode) to make way for the scrollable list of named subobjects.

Quote from Snoop.DriftEra :
And will there ever be an option to scale whole model with mappings by any single axis?

I can imagine this going wrong for any mappings that are not axis-aligned.

So that means, as a function that can break things, I'm not sure how useful it is. It's a bit tricky anyway so I don't know what the future holds for that function, but at this time I'm mainly concerned with avoiding distraction.
Ok thanx.

UPD
Quote :I can imagine this going wrong for any mappings that are not axis-aligned.

Well, if it's gonna affect the mapping's axis as it affects the edges, there should be no problem since everything scales proportionally. But I have no idea how hard it is from a coding aspect.
OK, the thin triangle issue is only reported on one side as it's a mirrored triangle, so it only does the report once. That is as intended.

As you say, the part is copied and rotated, so you could reasonably expect the same issue to come up in the other places. I think this is because the triangle is right on the limit of "too thin". I can move one of its points 0.1mm and the problem goes away. So I would guess the thin triangle in this case has arisen from the granularity of positions. Internally, the tiniest distance is 1/65536 of a metre (approx 0.015mm) so that causes a granularity. When points are rotated (or merged after a rotation) there may be a slight shifting of points as they pop to take their final position.
Oh WOW! Science....

Thank you for lecture, it's interesting. Such things were really non-obvious to me. Granularity. "You live you learn".

I'm sorry for stealing your time. Thank you for patience.
Idk if it's a bug but if you export to share a vehicle, when the other ppl open the mod on editor, it loses the names of subobjets
Attached images
lfs_00000052.jpg
Thanks, that was an oversight. Names had to be made blank when exporting for submission, but that also happened when sharing for development.

I've updated the veh checker on the server so hopefully there will be no problem now, leaving subobject names in the veh.

In editor D22 I have removed the zeroing of subobject names, and there are improved dialogs for extrude / lathe / create a circle of points.
Hello Scawen, There a new issue..
When we use the lastest patch update and upload a new mod thats not yet published, It immediately changes from Pending for review to Required changes for no reason. I've checked my email and it says invalid .veh while nothing is wrong. This issue is not only for me but as well as for others. I tried it on a stable patch such as 7C but still no luck.. It goes back to changes required Frown
Here is a picture
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/979628781931200512/1103367199143510078/image.png
Sorry about that. I don't yet know how it could have gone wrong in that way.

I have reinstated the old veh checker on the server. Please try editor D23 and let me know if it works (also, D21 or others should be OK).

Only D22 should *not* be OK, because it does save the subobject names, which will fail on the reverted veh checker.

D23 *does* save subobject names if you share for development, but not if you export for submission. So that should solve the issue that kenblock30 reported, in a more specific way.

Now I'll try to figure out why the new veh checker didn't work as expected.

EDIT: (4 May 11:03 UTC) I found out why the veh checker didn't work. I have made the necessary change and tested it manually. I have put a new version there, which hopefully causes no problems (and should allow use of editor D22).

EDIT2: (4 May 12:38 UTC) I've reinstated the old veh checker again as there is some other error that I can't understand yet.

EDIT3: (4 May 13:46 UTC) I found out why the 2nd new veh checker didn't work. It was a completely different issue from the 1st new checker's problem. I have made the necessary change and tested it manually and also by doing a test submission of a private mod. I have put a new version there, which hopefully causes no problems (and should allow use of editor D22).
well, I updated Editor to D33
now it seems I cant import an obj with smoothing groups anymore
I am using same options which worked before update, so am a bit confused about why it doesnt work as expected

here is some test files with 3 angled polys
on first object "test" I have set all polys with same group at export
editor will load with one group per face.
on second object I have set 2 groups, one with 1 poly, the other with 2 polys
editor will load with one group per face.

I cant attach obj file in that post : "file type not permitted", so i put a zip archive
Attached files
obj.zip - 837 B - 71 views
Before I can even think about this, you really should verify that something has changed between the versions (which I doubt very much).

You can simply put an older editor exe in place of the new one. You can figure out the download link as well.
well u're right and I had doubts very much too, but I tested a lot of export options before posting and am rly puzzled with that.
so I tried with editor 0.7C and still have that issue, alright.

I test like 15x exports with different options again on 0.7C, I don't get it working no matter what I try. Seems there is some bug somewhere in LW.
No clue, but i'll find another way.
For some reason, Windows Defender sees LFS editor.exe as trojan when i extract the zip.

note: sorry for the system language, you have to translate, my Windows product is only supporting Turkish at the moment.
It recognizes it as Win32/Wacatac.B!ml as you can see.
This is fairly common. It's safe, just a false detection.
Quote from Scawen :This is fairly common. It's safe, just a false detection.

You sure? Is this happened in the past editor versions too? Sorry i'm kinda little bit paranoid when it comes to viruses Big grin
Quote from AR92 :You sure? Is this happened in the past editor versions too? Sorry i'm kinda little bit paranoid when it comes to viruses Big grin

yes scawen himself the coder of lfs and the lfs editor implemented virus in the new version.. are you even serious?
Yes, this has happened a lot. But I compiled it fresh, zipped it up and uploaded to our own webserver, so there's no real way it could be infected.
This thread is closed

Cleanup - bugs fixed / problems solved
(405 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG