The online racing simulator
Test Patch B2 (now B12)
(70 posts, closed, started )
Is it possible to have multiple mappings support for lights emission meshes ? like the possibility to have duplicate l_head or l_side etc ?

I was trying to test interior buttons emission for my mod, it's just impossible to have proper result with shared mapping between the headlights and buttons alpha.
Bug with generating Mod AI Path
Hey again Scawen!

Don't know if this is a known issue so... here it is haha:

When generating an AI Path for a Mod, if you tab out of the LFS Window (once bc I wanted to look smth on discord and one time bc I wanted to open another application), LFS always is very unhappy.

The path generation for me kind of stopped for a good minute, then I had a black screen for a good minute and then after a bit of the windows "LFS is not responding", it came back to life.

It seems like you need to be focused on the lfs window the entire time for it to work without any hiccups.

Ive attached a screenshot when lfs was not responding...

The path seemed to be generated fine afterwards anyways though. Maybe still something to keep in mind Smile.

Best Regards
Attached images
lfs_bug.png
Quote from Scawen :Do you not like this 'steerer' thing which is specially designed for that?

i find that this helps massively when driving bikes Petals
Test Patch B10:

List of upcoming events is displayed on the entry screen
- click event name to visit the event page at lfs.net
- signup and live stream links are provided if relevant
- a "Join" button is also available if the host is running

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/97772
Nice, what's next? i assume graphics and tyres...
-
(xpablousky) DELETED by xpablousky : Not serious
New 0.7B10 update is great, love the upcoming events showing in the menu and the join button for in progress events/races! Small thumbnails are a great detail too.
Quote from Scawen :Test Patch B10:

List of upcoming events is displayed on the entry screen
- click event name to visit the event page at lfs.net
- signup and live stream links are provided if relevant
- a "Join" button is also available if the host is running

@Scawen
great !! :)is it possible to add a Discord button ? for sign up, or community information.
for example : at Gum Garage, the website host all rules informations about the event, that is a neat place without flood, but essential race infos like passwords, mpr, stats or penalties surveys results are on Discord

Anyway, thanks a lot ! this is a great help for Races organisers Thumbs up
Is it possible to do S_CLOCK_ALP - a texture that performs all the functions of S_CLOCK, but does not have a black background?
In this case, making dashboards would be much more convenient.
Quote from Tomfuel :@Scawen
great !! :)is it possible to add a Discord button ? for sign up, or community information.
for example : at Gum Garage, the website host all rules informations about the event, that is a neat place without flood, but essential race infos like passwords, mpr, stats or penalties surveys results are on Discord

Anyway, thanks a lot ! this is a great help for Races organisers Thumbs up

You can insert a discord link in the "off-site sign-up" field.
Quote from HighSpeedGarage :Is it possible to do S_CLOCK_ALP - a texture that performs all the functions of S_CLOCK, but does not have a black background?
In this case, making dashboards would be much more convenient.

yeah it would be cool and maybe S_VMIRR for virutal mirror like that. Shrug
Test Patch B11

Improved appearance of entry screen upcoming events list
Can use up / down / page up / page down / home / end keys
FIX: Mods screen flickered while downloading mod images

This probably wouldn't be a high priority, but I would like a way to remind me of the events I sign up for so I don't miss them, a email could work. Like 10min before the event starts, it sends a email to the email address linked to your account.
Thanks, but please can you post that on the thread "How to improve attendance for scheduled events?" system as that would be on Victor's side, and I guess he might not follow this test patch thread.
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1996736#post1996736

What about if you could choose to receive an SMS about it? E.g. choose SMS and/or email notification?
With this addition the leagues section must be better moderated now - previously there were plenty of fake/joke events around. Now with ingame visibility some might misuse the new opportunity to spread their nonsense or even spread some scam links,so I hope mods are ready to act and swing their hammers.
The backgrounds behind the text could be less transparent
Hi! everytime i try to change a value doing right click on the bar i get all the text selected, idk if it is cuz the new test patch but since I have it i got this "problem". Its very annoying to click on the text or using the arrows just to adjust 1 or 2 things on setup menu or even on display menu xd, the way it was before was nice, can we go back? xd

Attached images
this.png
You are mistaken. In the old system, there was no text there at all. If you right clicked to type, then you had to type in the whole number (because the old value was not supplied). And... you can still do that! Simply start typing and the text vanishes, replaced by the first character you type.

Or, you now have the option to edit the existing text. So it's a lot more powerful and useful now.
Quote from Bzzyq :The backgrounds behind the text could be less transparent

You can set that in Options... Display... Interface - Opacity (below 'Big Button' colour)

I've uploaded a new test patch B12, with minor updates. I've started looking into the tyre physics again. At this point I would like to release a full version with the latest changes from the test patches.

B12 has a fix and an option and all the recent changes have been fully merged with the development version. That is quite a big operation and always involves a few lines being changed, so it's worth testing. Also translations have been updated.

Command /eventlist=no to disable list of events
Corrected opacity of background buttons in mods screen
Can receive one more text field to show beside "Sign up"
Updated translations - thank you translators!

Thank you for the testing!

Official version 0.7C is now available!
This thread is closed

Test Patch B2 (now B12)
(70 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG