The online racing simulator
This was reported multiple times already but the game still doesn't load custom engine sounds made in shift+a editor upon leaving pits in a mod. It always loads the default one from LFS\mods\vehicles folder. And clicking "load" is showing all sounds in the lfs/data/engine folder. Really hoping this bug won't be in the official release, seems like a relatively quick fix.
-
(Scawen) DELETED by Scawen : post linked to 7A2 patch which actually contained 7A exe
-
(Scawen) DELETED by Scawen : unfinished post
When editing MacPherson Strut in the editor, suspension diagram (shift + l) shows wrong camber after zero springs test/edits to suspension geometry/over time. Happens even when looking at the stock XRG.

E: it could be me misinterpreting something too but it seems a bit odd Tongue
Quote from fatalunfair :When editing MacPherson Strut in the editor, suspension diagram (shift + l) shows wrong camber after zero springs test/edits to suspension geometry/over time. Happens even when looking at the stock XRG.

E: it could be me misinterpreting something too but it seems a bit odd Tongue

You have to drop car with spacebar,so the physics can update,because when you edit suspension points,tyres are still standing on ground and can't move due contact. That bugged me too from start until I found out the part with dropping the car... Big grin
I agree with Eclipsed that it's always best to drop the car again after adjustments, otherwise the camber is affected by where it was before you made the adjustments. The same effect could also happen in real life, unless the vehicle is standing on a floor without friction. Though it would be nice if the computer version could avoid that somehow. But there is something a bit odd about the camber, as it also includes the camber of the tyre itself, due to the tyre having a slight rotation about the wheel due to lateral deflection. I do have a note to use the 'wheel camber' instead of 'tyre camber' as that should show less variation.
https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/B71D1A?information : https://i.imgur.com/jUodOmO.png
very bugged mod. Why? Because u can set tyre pressure to 0. https://i.imgur.com/r4mwJ0Z.png https://i.imgur.com/goaCmdm.png

When you put 0 pressure u can't even move.

But when you set final drive like this: https://i.imgur.com/fOLvaez.png
Then you press accelerator to full. (it have to reach full speed) Everyone in multiplayer server loses sound and sound appears when u reconnect server. But that's not all. To others players you start to flicker: this is from replay: https://i.imgur.com/0HsLlQ3.gif https://i.imgur.com/3wZZjBy.mp4

I can't send all replay because it's too big.
regarding this thread: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/96674-Cant-use-mods-with-S3

Not strictly a bug but:
On a demo-server, if you click "mods" button then LFS will tell you:
"You must be in S3 mode to use mods."
The message is confusing when you have S3 unlocked. The actual problem is that the server is in demo mode. The message should be something like:
"This server does not have mods enabled."
pitstop bug with electric drive

Hi, i am reporting a bug of what seems a data lockup for when updating an unpuplished mod.
Earlier i made a bus mod it was called RTS 6-71, it used a model from CG Trader back then when the license from that site wasn't clear so the mod got unpublished and was moved to my saved mods page.
After the license got usable i updated my mod in terms of visual and technical sides. And uploaded it through the saved mods page by just selecting the new mod archive
Due to the fact i didn't make an entirely new submission (new skin id) i used the same page to use same skin id
When mod Puplished again it showed the older version (from before license approval) ratings and downloads count. The download count carried on the old one so did ratings.
But if i view the mod in the edit page it shows exactly the actual download number. The attached picture shows the correct one wich is 19, but when viewed from main info page for mod it had older count (was around 270), i updated it and version 2 got +10 downloads so shown 280 now.
Here's mod link.
https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/83EECF
Attached images
IMG_20220124_104937.jpg
IMG_20220124_103345.jpg
Bug report: If you modify engine sound on mod cars then save, it changes back to the one which came with the mod if you visit pits, You dont even need to change car it to disappear, just visit pits.
I just noticed that power/weight ratio doesn't recalculate when changing power restriction for electric vehicles.
-
(evandroPRO123) DELETED by evandroPRO123 : problem fixed
Hi,
Does anyone know why the grid disappears when applied to a wheel Object?
Attached images
Map_bug.jpg
LFS EDITOR Related.
When making the driver side switchable
The textures should flip to look properly specially when having a text.
This is done by either naming the mapping as U_Name or by duplicating the the mapping cutout and flipping it (flip button) and using it as an opposite side cutout for the same mapping.
However, non of these work on subobjects
It only work on Main object
Tested the previous methods dozen of times and it just wouldn't work as intended on a subobject.. Full flip & side swap won't help either.

Also, it seems like we can't put exhaust restrictions on setups inside LFS Editor aswell.. There's no option there.. Only inside lfs
Another mod system related bug reported here. Forgot this thread existed.
@Victor, when trying to save a mod submission for later without descriptions. We get these SQL requirements as a result and nothing gets saved.
Attached images
sqltables.png
I’ve finished a skin mapping and generated it but one of my Left side textures (an engine cover) is not showing on the mapping. I’ve mapped it correctly the same as everything else but it simply will not show up on the mapping at all. I’ve sent the file to a friend and they were able to successfully generate the skin mapping and get the left side of the engine cover to show up but the tops of both engine cover pieces are connected by something on the mapping and it stretches the gap between the two sides. Even more confusingly, anything I map within the same mapping as it also suffers the same issue and will not appear on the skin mapping. I’ve tried remapping the entire engine cover to another mapping but had no luck. I’ve also searched for any tiny triangles that could be causing any issues but also found nothing. This isn’t the first time I’ve had this issue on a car though and it seems to happen with open wheelers and specifically on the engine covers. The part is not excluded from the car in any configs or setups. I’m not sure if there’s any significance but just in case, I use MediBang Paint Pro to process and edit skin mappings.

(Photos from a much older project for a friend with the same issue)

• The black and white skin mapping is how the car appeared when I generated the mapping (note the left side of the car is missing)
• The wireframe image was what another modder received when they were sent the files to the car and generated their own skin mapping (The left side appears, but with weird lines connecting the two sides of the engine cover)
Attached images
A6EA5807-239A-4549-9F31-3AD3FCB0C242.jpeg
E4741DE5-E6E1-417D-AA57-E49B00BF5F26.jpeg
Quote from Kilo46 :I’ve finished a skin mapping and generated it but one of my Left side textures (an engine cover) is not showing on the mapping.

It's hard to say without seeing the model.

It looks as if some triangles refer to vertices from both sides of a mapping.

Do you get a red message when the car is loaded in LFS, like "Cross-texture triangle found in LOD1 - mapping corrected" ?

I'd have a look at the triangles at the top, rear, between the two side mappings. If the central triangles are not using a top mapping, I think they may be able to use the side mappings, if they are mirrored and they refer to points that are locked to centre (appearing yellow).

It's hard to explain what I mean but that's where I would be looking. I'd be interested to see the .sre file too (or if you don't want to share it yet, maybe a small SRE with most of the model deleted but still displaying the issues). So I can see why LFS is allowing this to occur.
-
(Yasso7up) DELETED by Yasso7up
It has the "Cross-texture triangle found in LOD1 - mapping corrected"
Here is a description of the problem happening in another mod.

In this case the problem is in LOD2, but I guess the same principle applies.
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1985581#post1985581

The reason in that case is that the SIDE mapping is also mapped to some top triangles.

Is there a way for me to see the problem in this specific mod? To see if there's some way LFS editor could help with this, although I believe it's a modelling error.
Is there some other place I can send the car files?
-
(Scawen) DELETED by Scawen : no longer needed
I've had a look at the model you sent and was a bit confused as the model is detailed, but from what I could see it was built in a way that you could reasonably expect to work.

Only problem... it doesn't work that way at the moment. I'm not sure yet how to make LFS do the best thing. But I have made a simple demonstration of the problem, with a very low-poly object (attached).

There is only one mapping, which uses two cutouts (an ordinary one and an opposite one, for the reflected triangles). You might reasonably expect this arrangement to work, but it doesn't work properly. However, if you select the 4 yellow points and set them to "free" instead of "centre" then you can see the mappings behave as you would expect.

The trouble is when the points are "centre" LFS only creates one instance of them in the output mesh. Ideally LFS should create two instances of those points, one for each side. But thinking about it is confusing me at this point (I have a lot on my mind).

Anyway I can think of two solutions you could do:

1) For the very thin triangles along the top of the keel, select the TOP mapping

Or:

2) Select the central points along the centre of the keel and set them to "free" instead of "centre" as in the attached image

Personally I prefer option (1) although the triangles will form such a narrow line on the mapping.
Attached images
points_centre.jpg
points_free.jpg
Attached files
data_png.7z - 126.7 KB - 106 views
data_3dob.7z - 319 B - 100 views
Quote from Evolution_R :Even though the maximum limit of subobjects is not reached (64 I think), the head disappears when there are more than ~75 000 tris in 27 subobjects.

It's all about the number of subobjects, rather than the number of triangles. It was limited to 32 subobjects, but in Editor Test Patch D8 you can see up to 40 subobjects including the helmet (and two for each mirrored subobject).

Quote from iiiiil :Mesh explodes in wire mode.
All i did was going to wire mode and click "reload textures". Some times LFSE crashes, some times i get this weird result

This is also fixed in Editor Test Patch D8: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/102626
Quote from Scawen :I've had a look at the model you sent and was a bit confused as the model is detailed, but from what I could see it was built in a way that you could reasonably expect to work.

Only problem... it doesn't work that way at the moment. I'm not sure yet how to make LFS do the best thing. But I have made a simple demonstration of the problem, with a very low-poly object (attached).

There is only one mapping, which uses two cutouts (an ordinary one and an opposite one, for the reflected triangles). You might reasonably expect this arrangement to work, but it doesn't work properly. However, if you select the 4 yellow points and set them to "free" instead of "centre" then you can see the mappings behave as you would expect.

The trouble is when the points are "centre" LFS only creates one instance of them in the output mesh. Ideally LFS should create two instances of those points, one for each side. But thinking about it is confusing me at this point (I have a lot on my mind).

Anyway I can think of two solutions you could do:

1) For the very thin triangles along the top of the keel, select the TOP mapping

Or:

2) Select the central points along the centre of the keel and set them to "free" instead of "centre" as in the attached image

Personally I prefer option (1) although the triangles will form such a narrow line on the mapping.

Works perfectly now, thank you
I'm not sure if it is the correct thread for a question like this, so feel free to delete it if not.

I've uploaded my mod couple months ago for private testing with my friends, which was relesed to the public last month. However the mod is still not approved, which is perfectly fine, if we consider how many mods are waiting for approval and mine is essentially only a month old in terms of public visibility, but I am a little worried that it might get lost in the "old stuff" because of the original upload date, so I would really appreciate if I could get a confirmation on that it is being scheduled for approval.

This is the mod in question:
https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/2670D3?information

I'm planning on creating another mod in a similar way (with long period of private testing), so it would be extra helpful to know if it messes up the approval system.

Thank you in advance!
Quote from Tomsteel :I'm not sure if it is the correct thread for a question like this, so feel free to delete it if not.

I've uploaded my mod couple months ago for private testing with my friends, which was relesed to the public last month. However the mod is still not approved, which is perfectly fine, if we consider how many mods are waiting for approval and mine is essentially only a month old in terms of public visibility, but I am a little worried that it might get lost in the "old stuff" because of the original upload date, so I would really appreciate if I could get a confirmation on that it is being scheduled for approval.

This is the mod in question:
https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/2670D3?information

I'm planning on creating another mod in a similar way (with long period of private testing), so it would be extra helpful to know if it messes up the approval system.

Thank you in advance!

Your mod is actually in consideration for approval, it should be done soon. However it’s still marked as WIP - are there any major changes you plan to do with it?
Quote from Flame CZE :Your mod is actually in consideration for approval, it should be done soon. However it’s still marked as WIP - are there any major changes you plan to do with it?

Thank you so much for the confirmation. You're right, I forgot to uncheck the WIP.

Mods System Bug Reports
(135 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG