The online racing simulator
Mods System Bug Reports
I got this error when I wanted to open the road lines by pressing the "4" key on the server where the mods were tested in the W43 Version.

"file could not be opened: data\knw\BL1_953A1B.knw"
Attached images
xdasd.png
Another pic with english
Attached images
xsaxdasxdsadxsax.png
I noticed LFSW PB messages in-server, when the modded car has a longer name paired with a longer username, are cut off.
Attached images
Screenshot 2021-11-06 215149.jpg
I don't know if it's a bug but.

When you insert an alternative engine then you return from box that engine is no longer saved
When I change cars,it returns to default coloring instead of last used as it does with standard cars.
Quote from tmpvip04 :I got this error when I wanted to open the road lines by pressing the "4" key on the server where the mods were tested in the W43 Version.

This means the file doesnt exist for given car/track combo. Which will be usual for MOD vehicles.

you can get one by copying and renaming existing knw file to suit the need.
engine capacity can't lower than 1000cc when I use Formula layout
Problem with the full screen in veh editor -> Cannot ALT TAB - black screen , when screenshoting with the printscreen button, the screenshot is black. also gives me this error in the chat
Thank you for all the bug reports.

I will be going through the thead and making notes and seeing what I can fix for an update in the next few days.

Quote from superlame :Problem with the full screen in veh editor -> Cannot ALT TAB - black screen , when screenshoting with the printscreen button, the screenshot is black. also gives me this error in the chat

OK, that's not ideal but:

I suggest SHIFT+F11 for full screen (borderless window, instead of exclusive mode).
Also I suggest CTRL+P to copy a screenshot of your LFS window to the clipboard.

One other function that is useful for exact-size screenshots is:

/window 1280 960 [sets window so that the screenshot area is that size]
CTRL+P [takes screenshot of LFS window without borders]
Dont know really if it is a bug or it is intended to be like this but, the interior clock in the car shows UTC time zone and im not in UTC, you can see my real time in the left top corner Smile
Not a bug but it would be cool to have ElectricVehicules fully charged at start by default...
Quote from tmpvip04 :I got this error when I wanted to open the road lines by pressing the "4" key on the server where the mods were tested in the W43 Version.

Not working for me too.
Quote from Scawen :
...Scripts:

Script 'ev.lfs' is run when an electric vehicle is selected
Script 'kart.lfs' is run when using vehicle with centrifugal clutch
Script 'free.lfs' is run when using vehicle with no engine or drive

May those scripts be missing in the Test Patch 0.6V to W43?
Did the "update" and can't find them in the ".../data/script"-folder (driving f.e. Formula XRE is possible)...
Quote from Scawen :Thanks, wonder if that's related to "You can roll during pitstop with electric car (e-challenger)"

i've experienced a maybe related bug with both the electric cars (E-challenger and Formula XR-E).
If i pull the handbrake then press the gas pedal, the car stays still for 1-2 seconds then it starts to roll and i get an error message " this car doesn't have an handbrake".

Another bug (maybe it's not a bug) happens with the E-challenger on Southcity's chicane route. On the highway (see picture) when the car loose contact with the ground it makes no sound.
Attached images
lfs_00000798.jpg
Quote from Jogy22 :May those scripts be missing in the Test Patch 0.6V to W43?
Did the "update" and can't find them in the ".../data/script"-folder (driving f.e. Formula XRE is possible)...

Good point, I didn't make blank scripts. I should add some to the patch. You can make your own though. The ones I add don't do anything. Smile Just watch out (backup your scipts) when you get the patch, because if I do add scripts, yours might be overwritten by the ones in the patch.

Quote from Atthis :i've experienced a maybe related bug with both the electric cars (E-challenger and Formula XR-E).
If i pull the handbrake then press the gas pedal, the car stays still for 1-2 seconds then it starts to roll and i get an error message " this car doesn't have an handbrake".

I see what you mean, that's a bit odd. All the cars have a handbrake for when they are actually stopped, but some of them don't allow it to be used when they are moving. It seems that the motor can overcome this stationary handbrake and then go get that message when you reach the speed the handbrake is no longer allowed.

Quote from Atthis :Another bug (maybe it's not a bug) happens with the E-challenger on Southcity's chicane route. On the highway (see picture) when the car loose contact with the ground it makes no sound.

There's something realistic and something not realistic here. The gear sound volume depends on the load. In the air there is no load so there is no sound. So that's the explanation, although it should be possible to do something better.
i've just experienced another bug with an electric vehicles Smile. I crashed and flipped on the side of the car, the engine and wheels speed stayed at the same speed prior to crashing without any input.
I played with it by braking a little. The gear/speed decreased then stayed at the same speed of when i stopped accelerating/braking.
Then i tried to shift to the reverse, the speed stayed the same unsless i was accelerating again.
I found that when i set my car view cam and close lfs my settings just gone and need to set them everyone time.. is there someone who have same problem?
Quote from valiugera :I found that when i set my car view cam and close lfs my settings just gone and need to set them everyone time.. is there someone who have same problem?

Shift+A engine sounds and propably all settings have similar problems.
Quote from versiu :Shift+A engine sounds and propably all settings have similar problems.

Yup, no per-car settings stick for mods.
Quote from michal 1279 :This means the file doesnt exist for given car/track combo. Which will be usual for MOD vehicles.

you can get one by copying and renaming existing knw file to suit the need.

Doing so only removes the message that the file does not exist, it still does not display the race line
I think i have what seems to be a bug or idk
It's like this : if i go on single player mode i can see mod list and download and drive..
But when online its a different story.. When i join a server with mods i can see players driving mod vehicles around while spectating but when i pit and get into garage to drive a mod it starts downloading all mods over again although they are downloaded alredy as players are using them and i can see it.. But neither i can select a mod from mod list nor from installed list.. It just keeps trying to download it but never actually do. I am not sure whats wrong here
Quote from bayanofmansorofisky :But neither i can select a mod from mod list nor from installed list.. It just keeps trying to download it but never actually do. I am not sure whats wrong here

OK, a couple of questions:
- How do you know it is trying to download it? Does it say that on screen?
- Is this always the same when online, or only on a busy server? What if only a few people there? Or even if you are the only one on the server?
Quote from Scawen :OK, a couple of questions:
- How do you know it is trying to download it? Does it say that on screen?
- Is this always the same when online, or only on a busy server? What if only a few people there? Or even if you are the only one on the server?

yes it does show on screen that it is downloading mod "name"
And yeh it actually happened on a busy server with around 25 players online, but it worked somehow later when it happened to have less players more like around 15 or less with no problems..
When there's alot of players it also sometimes shows errors like (mod timeout / couldn't request mod image) and i couldn't do anything then.
It's not really a mods system bug,but still related to test patch - in options,driver settings there is no option to select auto clutch for H-shifter anymore like it used to be in version V. The option arrives only when I'm on track with a car. When in server there is button clutch protection,I cannot join. When the protection is disabled,only then I can join (clutch is selected correctly on auto on the setting now available),then I can enable the protection again,but every time I rejoin,the protection kicks in again and in options the option is not there anymore.
Attached images
Untitled.png
Seems there is some limits to the game if I make a car too fast I am sent into retirement, please address the speed issue.

Mods System Bug Reports
(135 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG