The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :I know this sometimes comes up (I think it may be that it happens more with some models than others). If it is reproducible then I can fix it. If it's really 'random' then it's hard for me to catch it in the debugger or identify the cause. I presume it is when the car receives damage, after a certain sequence of events before that time.

Scawen, below mod is causing above mesh corruption issue almost every time I hit a barrier at SO.
https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/546E92
But interestingly, when I cycle through all cameras everything goes back to normal.
Another interesting thing is that this happens only on my home laptop with NVidia graphic card.
When testing on my work Dell with integrated card, the issue is not appearing at all.
So maybe it is graphic card driver issue, or maybe LFS is not refreshing something right away and data being corrupted in graphic card memory.

Today I loaded this mod in 0.7A7 and below message appeared in red:
Cross-texture triangle found in LOD2 - mapping corrected

Maybe it is somehow connected?
Thank you for the report. Yes, I do believe it is connected with that helpful message that is now displayed in Test Patch A7.

I've now reported the bug on the mod's comment thread.

For anyone who doesn't know about this bug, what causes it and how to fix it, I've described it here:
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1985581#post1985581
I just updated the ETK mod and I can't drive it online - it says "This vehicle is not known to the host." Is that normal? The server owners must add every version to the list of the allowed mods on the host?
Thanks. That appears to be working again. I guess Victor restarted the process that makes sure the mods are known to the hosts.
Still not working for me on our VM.TimeAttack server.
Cannot restart the server aswell.
OK, I'll message Victor.

Thanks.
That should be up and running again (since about 40 minutes ago).

Part of our system had crashed, possibly related to an apparent attack in the night.
I've tested it and seems to be working.
Thank you.
This is more of a minor thing, but when I select a mod, then select a mod, which isnt released, it will keep the numbers of the previous mods ratings, example:

Private car (unreleased)

Thanks, fixed that in my version to show a grey dash (indicating unavailable)
I don't really know what causes this, but i've seen it happen before. Seems like textures fail to load. Happens randomly and goes away randomly. Not a huge issue but definitely takes you out a bit
Attached images
hm.png
That is the pit-out glitch reduction system. It avoids loading new car textures while you are driving, to avoid a bad glitch that could make you crash. If you stop your car then the textures on those other cars will reload.
Minor UI issue on the website when a Tweak mod is favourited
Attached images
twfav.jpg
Ah thanks, I'm displaying the favourite star next to the name now.

EDIT - and added a Favourites display filter.
Fix looks good and...
Quote from Victor :EDIT - and added a Favourites display filter.

My ritual is to check out the latest mods and updates on the website, then give them a try in game.
So, this is very useful. Thanks.
Rating System Bug?
Hello, I've noticed an issue with mods ratings where they sometimes revert to old ratings or half of them (like technical or physics sections.. Etc) ratings disappear
U can see it here on my recent mod JIIRO
some friends noticed it aswell.
Here are some pictures of the issue.
Current version and the previous ones ratings, see some has disappeared completely.
Attached images
IMG_20220317_174527.jpg
IMG_20220317_174537.jpg
Thanks, Victor has fixed that now. The votes haven't really gone missing, it's just that votes are not displayed until there are 5 votes in a category. This hiding is to prevent subsequent voters being influenced by the first voter, and to avoid disappointment when one or two of the 'notorious downvoters' happen to the the first to see a mod. We know of a couple of people who give one-star ratings on nearly every mod, unless they are extremely impressed. So that's the reason there. The bug was that the hiding wasn't done when the snapshot was taken.
oh great, welp at least my report didn't come fully usless this time Big grinBig grin
Looks like there is a bug or it's intentional.
The driver head. It disappears. Big grin

Even though the maximum limit of subobjects is not reached (64 I think), the head disappears when there are more than ~75 000 tris in 27 subobjects.

EDIT: Strange, with another mod the head is still there even with 360 000 tris. Still disappear after this.
The mod is around 875 000 tris, other than that everything is working (except some parts are missing when you are not in Edit Model mode). Shrug

EDIT №2: In-game the head is still there, only in the Editor is missing.
Attached images
1.jpg
head.JPG
no head.JPG
Not sure if it's related but you have a limit of 32768 tris (65536 with mirror)
That's why your polycount is red.
I do know that, I'm making some higher quality (poly) mods, so yeah. Big grin
The above is just a test.
Ho i see, futur proof ready Smile
Mesh explodes in wire mode.
All i did was going to wire mode and click "reload textures". Some times LFSE crashes, some times i get this weird result
Attached images
unknown.png
unknown2.png
Quote from iiiiil :Mesh explodes in wire mode.
All i did was going to wire mode and click "reload textures". Some times LFSE crashes, some times i get this weird result

Haha, nice find.
I can confirm following your steps this happens to me with any car loaded (even original LFS vehicles).
This thread is closed

Cleanup - bugs fixed / problems solved
(405 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG