The online racing simulator
Crash in the Editor (W56, forgot there was a newer one)

I somehow got stuck in the animation edit mode and I couldn't work out how to exit so was randomly clicking around

Faulting application name: LFS_EDITOR.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x61b1d783
Faulting module name: LFS_EDITOR.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x61b1d783
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0014d7e7
Faulting process ID: 0x6d3c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7ef7c904da722

Intrusive red message MergeSubs - too many vertices
It's very intrusive when changing almost anything in the garage.
Can you please remove this message or make it less intrusive - maybe just show it once or twice. Shrug
Thanks.
Attached images
1.png
Presumably this is a bug in the vehicle mod? In which case, report it to the author, don't ignore it.
No, it's not a bug, my mod has 156 000 vertices (film quality model).
It shows this message with every mod with over 65k vertices.
But it shouldn't show it in test mode... I already know it's over the limit - LFS Editor tells me that.
Attached images
Capture.JPG
I think it's okay, that LFS lets you know if you exceed the polycount limit.
What is strange for me, is that my model, same that was ok in 0.6U now is not ok in 0.6W56, regarding to this message. I optimised it in U patch and had no broken triangles (as a result of over16k per subobject), but in W patch it looks same ok and shows this warning at same time. Looks strange, but i did't make final calculations yet to know exact polycount of whole model, but i was sure it's under the limit.
Quote from Snoop.DriftEra :I think it's okay, that LFS lets you know if you exceed the polycount limit.

It's not okay LFS to let me know every click I made and every value I change (even just choosing the color - it shows every time I change the value of the color sliders). It's OK to show it once when loading the model, but this is too much.
Thanks, I was able to reproduce similar crashes by reloading textures while in the animation editor - the animation became invalid at that point. So I will assume this is the reason. It's fixed in my version.
Here's a thing.
I've missaved my car but I have the lastest in LFS for test. So I copied my car from LFS to editor, then open the car, the car have a full red rim when I set to any color but black.
Hi kagurazakayukari - how is your ping to the new Hong Kong servers?

About the bug, if you think it is a serious problem, I might need a copy of the mod to test locally.
Quote from Scawen :Hi kagurazakayukari - how is your ping to the new Hong Kong servers?

About the bug, if you think it is a serious problem, I might need a copy of the mod to test locally.

Not okay. 380ms at least and I've checked routing and find it via US then to Hong Kong. I hate to say that but I think Japan is what i3d can provide the best, if we have no local server.

About the bug, It does shows normal in LFS. However you can see my car will always have red rim if I set to non-black when uploading package. I think you can straight get a copy from my mod because I can get same red rim from that.

And have you consider the Formula class taillight functioning just like brake light issue? It's not very important though.

Oh and speaking of mods, I've experienced a long long hell half an hour time just waiting for more than 50 mod cars downloading to join. Shrug
Quote from kagurazakayukari :About the bug, It does shows normal in LFS. However you can see my car will always have red rim if I set to non-black when uploading package. I think you can straight get a copy from my mod because I can get same red rim from that.

I copied FORMULA GROUNDEFFECT~016.veh to my LFS editor data veh folder and loaded it there. The wheels in the default colour config appear black (10,10,10). I don't see any red ones.

Quote from kagurazakayukari :And have you consider the Formula class taillight functioning just like brake light issue? It's not very important though.

No, I have seen you mentioned it a couple of times but I did not get a chance to seriously look into it as there were so many important bugs to sort out. In fact we'll go official with quite a few known issues still in there.
Quote from Scawen :I copied FORMULA GROUNDEFFECT~016.veh to my LFS editor data veh folder and loaded it there. The wheels in the default colour config appear black (10,10,10). I don't see any red ones.

If it‘s black (10,10,10)then have you notice the center is a bit red? It just like covered with red paint and at white(160,160,160)it‘s full red. I don't know if I need to pack hole editor, but It should be same.

Quote from Scawen :No, I have seen you mentioned it a couple of times but I did not get a chance to seriously look into it as there were so many important bugs to sort out. In fact we'll go official with quite a few known issues still in there.

It's understandable. I just saw there are more modern formula and they are all use Formula class so it may become quite common. Also some road cars may have it on the rear bumper. Not really urgent as it only a visual effect and not a bug. Can fix as late as things went well.
Can you show a screenshot of what you can see?
Yes of course. See attachment.

Just seems green and blue channel are visually lock to 10 no matter how value change
Attached images
无标题.jpg
Maybe you have a wheel texture set, and it's red? I loaded without any textures. Can you check the mappings / cutouts / textures in the spoke object? One of them is used for a rim mapping, although this is not documented.
Quote from Scawen :Maybe you have a wheel texture set, and it's red? I loaded without any textures. Can you check the mappings / cutouts / textures in the spoke object? One of them is used for a rim mapping, although this is not documented.

Oh god it is!
It just shows white in the folder and it shows red in editor. No wonder I can't find out what happened. What can cause this? I've upload the issue file.
Attached images
428604~0C.png
I don't know what that png file is. Windows says it has a bit depth of 1. It's not the WHEEL.png that we supplied in the editor, that is a smaller file with 24-bit depth, so I don't know what it is! Though it is a 16x16 png, so I'd guess that some software you used, edited WHEEL.png at some point and saved it unintentionally.
Little reminder: Electric cars are still able to drive off during pit-stops Smile
The scale function in the LFS editor seems to be buggy now. One point is disappearing after scaling a set of points:
Quote from Flame CZE :The scale function in the LFS editor seems to be buggy now. One point is disappearing after scaling a set of points:

Right, that was a newly introduced bug. Schwitz
Thanks for the report.
It would happen any time if the green selected point is not the most recently added point of all the selected points.
I'll need to fix that pretty quickly.

Quote from MicroSpecV :Hi, pretty game-disrupting bug report. Posted in wrong sub-forum, but here it is anyway.

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/96347-Bug-w--Vehicle-Mod-%2B-Server-%2B-SS

Thanks, that sounds like the familiar type of crash bug we've had recently, due to referencing a setup before a car is loaded. I already noted one of those today. They are simple oversights, due to the fact that this situation could never happen in old LFS. No excuses though! I'll check your crash report and will ask if I need any more help with it. Probably will be quite straightforward.
I found another bug, that sometimes when selecting a subobject, all its points (or some of them - probably what I had selected before) are already selected. In fact they are *marked as* selected, although 'number of points selected' is zero.

Does anyone know how to reproduce it? I came across it a few times but can't seem to make it happen deliberately.

Parts of the reproduction method are to have a subobject selected and some points selected, then do something else, then later when selecting that subobject again, points are still selected. It's the "something else" part in the middle that is unknown.
The clock textures disappear when in 2D mode and you move the window:

LFS editor update 0.7A2 has an important fix plus some help for bikes:

Steering wheel (ONE WAY) minimum value reduced to 30 degrees
Added a check for unexpected selections when selecting a subobject
Checks and warnings on some values for bikes in Steering/Driver tab
FIX: You could not type in the "Steer" value in Steering/Driver tab
FIX: Bug in freehand scaling or rotating points in editor 2D view

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/95664
Quote from Scawen :LFS editor update 0.7A2 has an important fix plus some help for bikes:

Am i being slow here scawen, or is the obj import size limit broken?

Also, how come the obj import is half the size of native? could it be increased?
Attached images
Screenshot 2021-12-19 160749.jpg
This thread is closed

Cleanup - bugs fixed / problems solved
(405 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG