The online racing simulator
Ah yes, sorry I forgot to say that thing about controllers did change - added support for extended buttons!

EDIT: Though it is in the change log under "Controllers" https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/95664
-
(BeNoM) DELETED by Scawen : patience please
-
(Snoop.DriftEra) DELETED by Snoop.DriftEra : Went PM
Wow cd and cassette player nice! I hope it also has extra cd charger in the trunk! ;-) RB4 is looking much better thanks for the update.

I had also noticed some buttons numbers changed but I thought it was because I had added some peripherals... Not a priority at all but the button numbering is not very clear. Like if I have for example horn button 864, I would rather have 3-012 3 being my wheel controller. I try to play lfs with the same setup all the time, but if there is one more extra (joystick gamepad, whatever), I have to remap because it shifts the buttons or axes... No big deal to keep it like this anyway.
I was scrolling thru mods today and noticed one thing: even quality mods looks like cheap toycars. Can you add some enviorment reflection on mod thumbnails, until we aren't far enough and there not many mods in the list yet? Ofcourse modmakers can choose not so toxic colors, but some cars, as Lambo requires that colors and looks cheap right now.

P.S.
Quote from Scawen :Ah yes, sorry I forgot to say that thing about controllers did change - added support for extended buttons!

EDIT: Though it is in the change log under "Controllers" https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/95664

Who even reads instructions and logs? JK, Jk. I usually do, thanx fo the info.

P.P.S
That G25 console lag, maybe it's because of number of buttons have increased?
Don't know where to ask. But will this Mod support be released together with the graphical update?

Don't know if this was asked before.
Well, it's a test patch, and the idea of test patches are to contain absolutely everything that will be in the official version - to get it thoroughly tested. So, from that you can deduce that the new graphical system will not be in next week's official release! Big grin
-
(RC-Maus) DELETED by Scawen : moaning
Please add servers in Argentina, latency is very high using America-Asia-Europe servers for drag racing.
-
(RKoots) DELETED by Scawen : moaning
New update W57
Changes from W56 to W57

Most translations have been updated
Various fixes for the updated RB4 GT
Generated new car images for official car selection page
More prominent warning for clipping in engine sound editor
In-game hosts InSim IP & port shown to owner on options screen
FIX: Pillion passengers on bikes are now supported
FIX: Translation bug with "sort by date"

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/95664
Changes from W57 to W58:

Car selection images redone with LFS S3 on number plates
Small RB4 update: rear wheel 10mm forward / reverted default setup
- NOTE: Hosts must update to W58 or there will be OOS with RB4 GT
Message "Copied to clipboard" when clicking on in-game host IP:Port
As a TEST you can now start an in-game host on a Brazil server
- South Americans please test and let us know the results

New update W59
Changes in W59:

You can now start a host in Brazil, Australia, Hong Kong, or Turkey
FIX: Bug in CTRL+P "Copied to clipboard" text in some code pages

Use auto-updater in game or manual install here: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/95664

Please give feedback about the regional hosting on the dedicated thread.
Editor W59
EDITOR changes from W57 to W59:

New function to subdivide the selected triangles
- use this function with care as it can create unshared edges

New function to set distance of selected points from green point
- this is spherical in 3D view and cylindrical in 2D views

Included RB4 with reverted default setup + 10mm shorter wheelbase
- the equivalent RB4 was included in LFS patch W58

Maximum aspect ratio of a tyre increased to 90 (was 80)

On selecting all points or tris the last selected is preserved
- e.g. select a point then press CTRL+A - same green point

New function 'scale from green' in 3D view to scale in 3D
- this was available only in 2D views before

H/V buttons beside 'scale' in 2D views for horiz/vertical scaling
- you can also right click the S/arrow buttons when you hold CTRL

FIX: Scale selected points in 2D views other than main axis views
- for both cases: CTRL+click the S/arrow buttons or type in scale

FIX: Crash in animation editor after clicking reload textures

We've found a problem with bikes: when a bike hits a barrier, the suspension is easy to damage completely. If multiplayer host forbids reset with fix, but just puts it upright, as TC does, the wheels get pushed through the body, and the bike sits just on its body and remains unmoveable.

I asked the author, ELDemon, if it's fixeable, he's not sure. Here's the discussion, and replay with a set.
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1976907#post1976907

[edit] it got fixed!

PS: There were 18 people on this bike online at once tonight.
I am unsure about these two translations:

1) "no power unit" - That refers to cars without engine? Or to controllers without FFB?

2) 3h_enf_cars "enforce cars" - Does that mean the server only allows cars? (no bikes)
Or does it mean only certain cars are allowed?
No power unit refers to engine, but in English it's used along with "Transmission:" in the Setup screen which is confusing (but also fine).
Quote from Gutholz :2) 3h_enf_cars "enforce cars" - Does that mean the server only allows cars? (no bikes)
Or does it mean only certain cars are allowed?

This button can be found below the car selection buttons in the host options screen. When you've removed some cars from the allowed cars list and someone is on track with one of the disallowed cars, clicking the "enforce cars" button will make them spectate immediately.
-
(Ziomek21) DELETED by Ziomek21 : wront thread
Thanks gu3st and Flame.
For 3h_enf_cars I did not find a suitable verbatim translation that fits the character limit.
So I went with "Autos aussortieren" ("sort cars out")
Quote from Gutholz :Thanks gu3st and Flame.
For 3h_enf_cars I did not find a suitable verbatim translation that fits the character limit.

Maybe "Autos aufräumen"? (cleanup rather than sort)
"Autos aus dem Verkehr ziehen" Nod
That won't fit in a 16 character limit, plus the button is not very wide - the long label would look too squashed.
Was just a try to translate, ofc. Not meant to be used official.
Update W60
OK, I hope this is the final test patch before the official version!

That does mean no more updates unless a bad bug comes up. Although there are so many things we would like to do, and there are still known issues, we need to put this up for people to enjoy in the holidays. And speaking for myself, I need a holiday! It has been an extreme amount of work for many months. We can work more on the mods system in future, but this allows a lot of possibilities so we think it's a good idea to make it an official version at this point.

Thank you for the testing! Smile

LFS changes from W59 to W60:

Most translations have been updated - thank you translators!
Improved display size of vehicles in game setup screen and garage
Doubled suspension damage resistance if only one wheel at that end
Removed impact damage from vehicles with front fork suspension
Message "Too many vertices" now only shown when car is loaded
FIX: Z-buffer resolution in garage and game setup screen

EDITOR changes from W59 to W60:

Zero / negative values now accepted for 'scale' and 'set distance'

Quote from Scawen :Zero / negative values now accepted for 'scale' and 'set distance'

When I enter a negative value into the "scale" function in (e.g. in a 2D) view, I get "Multiplier out of bounds" message. Is that where I'm supposed to use the negative scale?
One minor thing to fix: the "Everything is OK" message every time someone takes a mod and joins online game.
Quote from Gutholz :Thanks gu3st and Flame.

How large is that button? I'm also having difficulties to come up with a translation, but I even don't know how it looks.

I'd suggest to Scawen to export the UI description data, so that it could be transformed into an editable Web-based UI for translators. I'd even donate.
Quote from Flame CZE :When I enter a negative value into the "scale" function in (e.g. in a 2D) view, I get "Multiplier out of bounds" message. Is that where I'm supposed to use the negative scale?

Are you sure you are in Editor W60? I can enter negative values if I click on the blue scale button at bottom left in point mode, or by right clicking on one of the buttons that appear when I hold CTRL.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG