(24 posts, started )
RC MINIS
Vehicle mod: RC MINIS
Details page: https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/56F1FE

SHORT DESCRIPTION:
Quote :1/4 Scale LFS RC Racecars

DESCRIPTION:
Quote :
Small RC Racecars made from the bigger versions of the in-game XRT, XRGTR, FZGTR, FXR. Slightly different from my usual mod releases but thought it would be a fun concept to try and bring to life.

WIP mod, simple concept at the moment.
Just for a bit of fun with the boys, actually fun to race in a group.

Let me know what you think, thought it was a cool/funny concept.

COVER SCREENSHOT:
They look like a crossover of LFS and FR Legends cars Rofl Good job!
Looks hilarious, it's like the cars in the old Re-Volt pc game, without the bonuses and weapons, haha! Big grin I like the fact that you can't roll or it or get it into a slide (with default set at least).
One thing I noticed, is that it constantly damages the outside rear suspension when turning left/right at high speeds:
https://streamable.com/1kn0d4
Quote from MandulAA :Looks hilarious, it's like the cars in the old Re-Volt pc game, without the bonuses and weapons, haha! Big grin I like the fact that you can't roll or it or get it into a slide (with default set at least).
One thing I noticed, is that it constantly damages the outside rear suspension when turning left/right at high speeds:
https://streamable.com/1kn0d4

It is just like re-volt & FR Legends! hahah thats perfect! Ill take a look at the suspension tonight, couple things got to be cleaned up with the shadows too Face -> palm The downforce of the undertray is a little high too, although i do like how much the cars hug the ground... Big grin
Why is the body missing in the cover image?

Quote from Flame CZE :Why is the body missing in the cover image?

Just Shows off the RC chassis, you get to pick a shell once you load it up in the pits by changing configuration.
Few of the guys thought it would be cool for a "no-shell config".
#7 - Racon
Top job again Jake, these are so much fun and a yet another new technique to master Thumbs up

I'm with those who would like a no shell config - seems a waste to hide all that, and my local club always have one or two without a shell in practices.
Top job
that good Cover Image.

REALLY THAT AMAZING MOD IS INSANE FUN!

Live For RC!

Rating: 5/5
I like this project and it's good to see that our physics seems to go down to this scale but I'm confused by the engine - it is said to be electric motor, but sounds like a single cylinder four stroke engine. Maybe if it's meant to be internal combustion, it could use a two stroke engine and a centrifugal clutch? Or if meant to be electric (as it appears in the image) why not use the normal gear whine sound?
I tried yesterday without the bodywork. Handling is good but for some reason the wheels did not appear, only their shadow...
why is it so much faster (~175kph vs ~115kph) backwards? bug with the mod or with LFS? @Scawen
Quote from Scawen :I like this project and it's good to see that our physics seems to go down to this scale but I'm confused by the engine - it is said to be electric motor, but sounds like a single cylinder four stroke engine. Maybe if it's meant to be internal combustion, it could use a two stroke engine and a centrifugal clutch? Or if meant to be electric (as it appears in the image) why not use the normal gear whine sound?

Thanks for the feedback Scawen! Yea the physics are just on the limit of working, any smaller and things start to brake lol. I just did an update and changed the engine sound to a more tradition electric RC motor sound which works a lot better for how we built the chassis. Originally I wanted it to be a Nitro RC kind of style but we ended up with a chassis closer to RC drift cars with electric motors.

Glad to hear everyone's enjoying it! Were having a blast racing these online so its cool to hear most people are having the same experience. Big grin
Quote from misu2048 :why is it so much faster (~175kph vs ~115kph) backwards? bug with the mod or with LFS? @Scawen

A random in our server was going backwards in it and hitting high top speeds lol. He didn't win any races though since the steering gets hard to manage Shrug
Quote from misu2048 :why is it so much faster (~175kph vs ~115kph) backwards? bug with the mod or with LFS? @Scawen

reverse gear ratio is longer than first gear ratio? Shrug
This is fun! Just like Re-volt!
Quote from nikopdr :reverse gear ratio is longer than first gear ratio? Shrug

its exactly the same on electric cars
the rc car just does not go as fast in forward than in reverse
i stand corrected
Quote from nikopdr :are you sure though? i think reverse gear ratio is fixed at -4.000 but i can be wrong too, so if you put 1st gear at 4.000 and adjust gearing with only the final drive ratio then they will stay equal

the car literally goes up to ~175kph at 22k rpm in reverse but will not go past ~115kph at a lot less rpm forwards
I've found out the reason for this. "Side Drag" on the main body is too low. I always set this to about double the "Max Drag" (which is for the forward direction). The assumption is that a car is designed to drive forwards and has (1) better coefficient of drag in forward direction and (2) smaller cross-sectional area when viewed from the front. This side drag also applies to reverse direction. I tried setting Side Drag to double Max Drag then the car went a bit faster in forward than reverse.

Quote from nikopdr :are you sure though? i think reverse gear ratio is fixed at -4.000 but i can be wrong too, so if you put 1st gear at 4.000 and adjust gearing with only the final drive ratio then they will stay equal

The EVs in LFS are all fixed gear, so there is no difference in gear ratio for forward and reverse.
Really nice mod, apart from the self damaging suspension, there is one thing that could be added, working lights, at least brakes. Even if they are not used that much. Big grin
Awesome! Would love to see an offroad RC car too like all those trophy trucks and monster trucks you often see when looking for the real cars sometime as well Smile
Guys - this is by far the best fun i had with all the modded cars.

Huge congratulations!
very nice to make a nitro engine conversion, very nice mod Big grin

RC MINIS
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG