The online racing simulator
Mods System Suggestions - OLD
(149 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Flame CZE :You can temporarily hide points you don't want to see by selecting them and clicking "hide selected" or "hide unselected".

but I can't select the point I want if I "hide unselected"......
Quote from Scawen :I've renamed the thread as I think there will be too many threads if every suggestion has its own thread.

will the ev power upgrade or just let it there?
Quote from Aleksandr_124rus :In my opinion, it would be nice to add more configurations, I used all 4 of this, in my mod, which is very little for the ideas that I have. https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1972068#post1972068
I also know mod makers who created mod packs based on one car with dozens of different options, for expanding the body, bumpers, spoilers, hoods, all sorts of details, etc. And they are very indignant about only 4 options that need to be applied to one mod.

It would be just as great for cruise servers to use the ability to tune and modify based on such models.

And not only for them, it would be useful to anyone who likes the mod, but does not like a particular detail or lacks something. And he can find this in other configurations

Yeah, it's would be good to have more configurations, also it's way to make more customized mods.
A more core suggestion: Besides the ability to import the UV map from an obj file, it should also be possible to import the materials. Not any settings of those, just a material name per vertice. No one well versed in dedicated 3D modelling tools wants to go through their model again and reassign 300000 vertices individually.
Quote from Aleksandr_124rus :In my opinion, it would be nice to add more configurations, I used all 4 of this, in my mod, which is very little for the ideas that I have. https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1972068#post1972068
I also know mod makers who created mod packs based on one car with dozens of different options, for expanding the body, bumpers, spoilers, hoods, all sorts of details, etc. And they are very indignant about only 4 options that need to be applied to one mod.

It would be just as great for cruise servers to use the ability to tune and modify based on such models.

And not only for them, it would be useful to anyone who likes the mod, but does not like a particular detail or lacks something. And he can find this in other configurations

+++

That is a good one to think about!
This might be a bit unuseful, but a cool feature and it will bring more "realism". Can the mfd dashboard be made to work only when the vehicle engine is started up?
Something like this.

-
(mpantel) DELETED by mpantel
Quote from superlame :This might be a bit unuseful, but a cool feature and it will bring more "realism". Can the mfd dashboard be made to work only when the vehicle engine is started up?
Something like this.

Most MFDs turn on as soon as you unlock/enter the car. If the odometer is part of the display, that's a legal requirement.
Mod patch need groupping or taging for mod cars...

Electric
Drift
touring
stock
drag
formul
70s
80s
90s
etc...
Maybe someone has already commented on this, but the chrome effect with the "overlay metal" is too dark, there could be some option to adjust and make it lighter
Quote from Vladimir_nose :8. The ability to load a complete disc model, with, because now it is very difficult to create a stamped disc with 6 holes and 5 wheel nuts.

This should be possible if you create a subobject "brake object" and then load an OBJ file to that subobject.
Quote from Flame CZE :This should be possible if you create a subobject "brake object" and then load an OBJ file to that subobject.

he meant the rim
Oh damn, sorry, I read that wrong.
Can we have this kind of view for list of mods please?
Attached images
PicsArt_11-30-10.51.26.jpg
I know this is for vehicles here but will it also be possible in near future to create new autocross objects (Dynamic and static)?
Quote from Stölzel :I know this is for vehicles here but will it also be possible in near future to create new autocross objects (Dynamic and static)?

I been asking for layout edit objects for a while, I’ll just say this they too busy right now with mods system fixes, modeler system, online server system, and on top of that working on the official new game with night mode, new track looks, and tire physics.

I’d love things like grass, more signs like stop signs or street lights, apex, better concrete objects
Very small suggestion: Open the "right click on coordinate point (R F U) to enter precise number" dialog with the current value displayed, and not empty.
Could they increase the maximum height of the tires?
Some motorcycles here in Brazil use 90/90-18 tires, at the Editor I can only do 90/80-18
I love the 'fuse to average' and 'fuse to green' functions in points mode, that really helps balancing the workload between the modder and the gouraud Wink

I thought 'subdivide' and/or 'subdivide radial' functions would be equally helpful for triangles mode, for those times you need just a tiny bit more control of the curves than you thought you would. I took some screenies of doing it manually.

They could delete the original triangles, make the new points at the average positions, make the new triangles with the same properties as the replaced one, and then select them.

If it could cope with multiple selections we could stack the operations too.
Attached images
subdivide.jpg
The ability to change the clipping distance for the camera. Sometimes I just want to get really up close to make some accurate clicks
A tiny detail but maybe there's no need to have the red battery icon on EVs when RPMs are at 0? Maybe when the battery is dead, then it makes sense.

Also, is there a reason to switch off ignition on EVs after standing stationary for a while?
Quote from Sobis :Also, is there a reason to switch off ignition on EVs after standing stationary for a while?

The ignition turns off when switching to low physics rate when idle for 30s. This is for CPU efficiency in multiplayer IIRC.
Scawen, I really suggest that We should have a second class/option that taillight can work as BF1's taillight.

-Modern formula cars are perform same when pit limiter is on
-Some irl sport cars does have same taillight for rain
-LFS Formula cars don't have taillight so this won't affect them
-Some modellers are just don't like put groove tyres on their "F1" orignal whatever cars
This thread is closed

Mods System Suggestions - OLD
(149 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG