The online racing simulator
Engine Requests For Your Mods
(113 posts, started )
Quote from martin18 :I made a sound for your car it’s posted in the car thread/comment section did you try it yet?

Oh, I found it, thx so muchThumbs up
Anytime! Let me know what you think
I know it's a different field after all the V8 etc requests,but still - I'm wondering if you have tried to tweak sound of electric motors? They're really quiet in LFS...
Quote from Eclipsed :I know it's a different field after all the V8 etc requests,but still - I'm wondering if you have tried to tweak sound of electric motors? They're really quiet in LFS...

1 thing to mention I’ve tuned and build more than V8s already, V6 turbo, In-line 6 turbo, inline4, and created a rotary sounding inline 4. Old 1920s1930s engine. And I believe to have been successful at it.

I will attempt anything. Give me an electric car, power numbers, and sound and try to match it.

Thank you
It's just about sound (sound files or what does affect the sound?),to have more audio feedback from car to have better understanding what the engine is doing,I am in no need to duplicate any existing cars.
Quote from Eclipsed :It's just about sound (sound files or what does affect the sound?),to have more audio feedback from car to have better understanding what the engine is doing,I am in no need to duplicate any existing cars.

Would you like me to tune the FZ electric car or the XR formula E?
Quote from martin18 :Ohh yeah 🤣 95 kg Is impossible with LFS modeler… it’s like 140 kg

Oh, I'm sure that's just temporary. Probably exact engine weights will be available later on. Of course the low weight is one of the key features of these engines, but I'm excited to try yours out anyway.
Quote from Mr. Apex :Oh, I'm sure that's just temporary. Probably exact engine weights will be available later on. Of course the low weight is one of the key features of these engines, but I'm excited to try yours out anyway.

Yeah I hope so cause it’s like we not using titanium parts. Maybe just aluminum, cast, iron for blocks and head
Quote from martin18 :Anytime! Let me know what you think

still no time to test, I'll tell u after I try it Smile
Quote from martin18 :Anytime! Let me know what you think

I tried it, very good!! I think the base can be louder/ thicker(don't know how to describe it Tongue)
Quote from scania :I tried it, very good!! I think the base can be louder/ thicker(don't know how to describe it Tongue)

Ok I’ll see cause any louder and it clips
Hey I hope you do not consider this offtopic:

For users who do not yet have mastered the LFS Editor, is it possible to make a private copy of a mod for offline use and swap in another engine?

Is it as simple as renaming the engine file and place it in the corresponding car folder under Mods?
Quote from Mr. Apex :Hey I hope you do not consider this offtopic:

For users who do not yet have mastered the LFS Editor, is it possible to make a private copy of a mod for offline use and swap in another engine?

Is it as simple as renaming the engine file and place it in the corresponding car folder under Mods?

I mean this is how I test my engines. I make ModFind version of an LFS car save it hit test mod and in single player there is test tab in the mods section in the garage
Ok thanks for this info Martin Thumbs up
Martin18, do you have any examples of your work? Youtube maybe? I want to hear your .ENG sounds.
Quote from Snoop.DriftEra :Martin18, do you have any examples of your work? Youtube maybe? I want to hear your .ENG sounds.

All the mods out there right now with either my sound or my engine and sound
https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/546E92
https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/256B6A
https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/C53477
https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/80D0BD
https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/C70C42

There is also threads of sounds I made: the lancia Stratos being made by Flame CZE, the Sugga Volvo truck will have my engine and engine sound
Another 240z he wanted the 300zx z32 engine in it
Quote from martin18 :I mean this is how I test my engines. I make ModFind version of an LFS car save it hit test mod and in single player there is test tab in the mods section in the garage

This how incredibly long it took me to finally test the engine Face -> palm
The reason being that I play LFS on a Mac via Wine and I first wasn't able to get the Editor running.

… and incredible it is! Fits equally well in an XRT, LX6 and UFR (UFR just needs rear-biased AWD of course Big grin)
Five stars out of five. I see you chose a flat-plane crank Thumbs up

Thank you very much for your work Martin
Damn! That’s crazy! Well I’m glad you liked it I hope someone else takes the engine and tries it out in their mod!
BTW: Here's my first go at building an OS Giken TC24-B1Z

Kinda tricky. Obviously there's several things wrong with it
Attached images
OS Giken TC24-B1Z.png
Quote from Mr. Apex :BTW: Here's my first go at building an OS Giken TC24-B1Z

Kinda tricky. Obviously there's several things wrong with it

Ohh man I completely forgot about this engine! Again I wanted people to message me with request also on discord can message for me engine request I keep track of my request there because it’s a list there not here long thread
I wish I had the exact torque curve of the real one to mimic
In the next couple days I’ll get back to you with something
Oh, all right, cool Cool Thumbs up

I wonder what you come up with. Yesterday it was very late but this morning I tried out my very first go at an LFS Editor engine, and frankly it's not bad! Turned up unevenness and intake muffling and it sounds glorious. I swapped it in an XRT and its a dream around BL1 just making the final gear a bit shorter. The car is very controllable with so much revs at your disposal and this nice, progressive torque curve Big grin

I wonder how much better it can become. This engine is the perfect match for a 1'000 kg 240Z, in real life and in LFS.

Engine Requests For Your Mods
(113 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG