The online racing simulator
Engine Requests For Your Mods
(113 posts, started )
Ah thanks! i was going into the engine edit instead of the Transmission / Audio tab. i look in that section.
Another essential engine: OS Giken TC24-B1Z

3208cc. L28 cylinder block
Power: 420 PS@9’000 RPM
Torque: 40kgf/8000 RPM
Maximum revs: 10’000 RPM
DOHC 24 valve

Note the gear-driven camshafts Big grin

Listen to it revving to 10K:

Quote from Mr. Apex :Another essential engine: OS Giken TC24-B1Z

3208cc. L28 cylinder block
Power: 420 PS@9’000 RPM
Torque: 40kgf/8000 RPM
Maximum revs: 10’000 RPM
DOHC 24 valve

Note the gear-driven camshafts Big grin

Listen to it revving to 10K:

This is another perfect example! I should be getting to your V8 next in line. This L28 is 5 in line right now I just finished 3 yesterday 🙂
[quote]I should be getting to your V8 next in line. [/quote]

Awesome! Big grin Looking forward to that
RPE-Suzuki 1340cc inline 4
Quote from Van Sterberkt :Hi Martin,

I'm trying to recreate something like the Radical SR1.
Video: https://youtu.be/GN4JWKiXu7c

I've made a start with the Gen 4 RPE-Suzuki 1340cc inline 4 engine, but the max torque is available at a much too low rpm (currently 6068, should be around 7500).

Can you have a look at this? Thanks in advance!

Although the Radical V8 Macroblock is widely used and very similar in every way to the Hartley Maxi V8 I personally prefer the Hartley because of engine design choices:
  • the Radical has the cylinder banks shifted away from each others, Hartley has a more elegant solution
  • the Radical V8 has a 72-degree bank angle for packaging reasons. Hartley has perfect 90°, will sound better and have better harmonics
  • The Hartley Maxi V8 has a little more displacement
Just wanted to let everyone know there will be a 2 day delay on some engines. Some family stuff came up yesterday and today is a Holiday in America “Thanksgiving Day”

Tomorrow I will be picking up where I left of (Friday)
Thumbs up take it easy!
Quote from Mr. Apex :Apparently it IS acually possible to edit the weight in LFS editor. Now if I can just find the info again …

EDIT: hard to find. Someone asked exactly that question and someone (Scawen??) responded that you can adjust the mass of the engine. It was something about an american V8 being way too heavy for its size.

EDIT: Here's a YouTube link of an older 2.6l version of the engine:

I need a better video… engine is done but sound I’m not happy with it at all any better videos for reference?
Maybe this one works better?

This onboard video has bad sound quality, but maybe for analysis purposes

The Ariel Atom V8 also has a version of the Hartley V8, but all the videos have commentator voices or music overlay
Quote from Mr. Apex :Maybe this one works better?

This onboard video has bad sound quality, but maybe for analysis purposes

But that’s a hayabusa engine not the Hartley
No, Martin, the Hartley V8 is based on Suzuki Hayabusa cylinder blocks and heads (as is the Radical Macroblock).
But both engines have bespoke crankcases, crankshafts, drysumps etc.

It just says so in the video description, but it's a Hartley V8 in the Elise.
Alright I’ll try to match that sound then
Awesome Thumbs up
Thank you very much, Martin!
This super-light 95 kg V8 will go in my E30 Big grin

I'm sure the engine will be super convenient for lots of other projects as well. Will test it out as soon as possible!
Quote from Mr. Apex :Thank you very much, Martin!
This super-light 95 kg V8 will go in my E30 Big grin

I'm sure the engine will be super convenient for lots of other projects as well. Will test it out as soon as possible!

Ohh yeah 🤣 95 kg Is impossible with LFS modeler… it’s like 140 kg
Quote from martin18 :I made a sound for your car it’s posted in the car thread/comment section did you try it yet?

which thread? I didn't see it

Engine Requests For Your Mods
(113 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG