The online racing simulator
#76 - UCHU
In my opinion turbo is spooling too fast in every mod, and "Turbo MOI Multiplier" doesn't seem to change anything
Insim bug: IS_AXM - too long
I think I've stumbled about a bug with the recent insim protocol changes
regarding the change of AXM_MAX_OBJECTS to 60.

I have no problems receiving 60 objects at once, but I cannot
send 60. When I try to send 31 or more, the server log just
prints "IS_AXM - too long".

LFS server reported version: 0.6W45 product: S3 insim version: 9

Working example:
AXM packed 30 objects - SENT 248 BYTES

Not working exmaple:
AXM packed 31 objects - SENT 256 BYTES

Server log:
Nov 13 08:38:16 IS_AXM - too long
Nov 13 08:38:17 IS_AXM - too long
Nov 13 08:38:18 IS_AXM - too long

Quote from chucknorris :I think I've stumbled about a bug with the recent insim protocol changes
regarding the change of AXM_MAX_OBJECTS to 60.

I confirm this. Sorry about that! It's an easy fix, just an oversight. Today I'll be looking at what can be done for a fairly quick update. Not sure which day it'll be yet.
I think I've come across another bug related to the ISP_MCI packet.

It seems like my Insim isn't receiving CompCars for all players. We have ~16 players online, and there are always 1-2 players for which I am not receiving CompCars within the ISP_MCI packet.

I'm on Insim Ver. 9 and I have the feeling that it has something to do with the latest change to the packet length. I feel like there is one person per 8 player missing. Maybe an index or counting error when trying to split all the players into ISP_MCI packets?

It's really hard to test, but when myself was affected, I asked someone to go to spec mode, and suddenly I got position updates for myself again, and the other person was affected after they've joined the track again.
Should be possible to reproduce with AIs?
Quote from chucknorris :I think I've come across another bug related to the ISP_MCI packet.

I've looked in the code and it's really exactly the same code, only using 16 cars as the maximum per pack instead of 8. So I can't really see how it would go wrong.

Have you definitely got the number of cars per IS_MCI correct?

something like:

int pack_size = pack->Size * 4;
int num_cars = (pack_size - 4) / 28; // max 16
Quote from Scawen :I've looked in the code and it's really exactly the same code, only using 16 cars as the maximum per pack instead of 8. So I can't really see how it would go wrong.

Have you definitely got the number of cars per IS_MCI correct?

something like:

int pack_size = pack->Size * 4;
int num_cars = (pack_size - 4) / 28; // max 16

Hi I can confirm that there's something funky with IS_MCI
I've set up 17 AIs to a race and connected insim - i've got 2 MCI packets with 8 CompCars each:

I've tested some other combinations of cars:
3 AI cars - 1 MCI packet with NumC = 3
9 AI cars - 1 MCI packet with NumC = 8
15 AI cars - 1 MCI packet with NumC = 8
16 AI cars - 1 MCI packet with NumC = 8
17 AI cars - 2 MCI packets with NumC = 8 each (contains first 16 PLIDs)
25 AI cars - 2 MCI packets with NumC = 8 each (contains first 16 PLIDs)
32 AI cars - 2 MCI packets with NumC = 8 each (contains first 16 PLIDs)
couldn't test with more because couldn't think of a way to have more AI in track Big grin
IS_MCI bug:

All right, I've got it now. Thank you very much for the test. It really is a stupid bug of mine. That function was TOO similar to the old one. Although it knows the correct number of cars per packet, at *one point* it refers to the number 8, instead of that.

So what it does: sends the correct number of packets as if it would be adding 16 cars in each packet, but only fills 8 cars into each one.

I'm sorry about the confusion. There was a long big push where I was converting a lot of packets in LFS and actually could not test every one. I shouldn't have missed this though. Anyway it's fixed in my code.

I don't think I can do an update tomorrow but I hope to get an version done on Monday afternoon.
Cheers for the testing. I've reverted to protocol version 8 for now, but glad you found the cause. Looking forward to activate version 9 again whenever you say.
When you pit with the Formula XR-E, it shows litres after finished refuelling, instead of battery charge percentage.

Same with the E-Challenger.

Edit
----
Can't search "electric" in Vehicle Mods screen, when you want to look for anything with electric motor.
Bug: In the Model Editor, the delete (del) button on the materials list in the tri tab seems to show up/disappear somewhat randomly while scrolling.
Attached images
Screenshot 2021-11-14 161924.png
Screenshot 2021-11-14 162008.png
Quote from chucknorris :Cheers for the testing. I've reverted to protocol version 8 for now, but glad you found the cause. Looking forward to activate version 9 again whenever you say.

Thise are fixed in W46.

Also the bug that means no-one can join TC city driving after it has about 20 players on it (Did not receive skin info etc).
I don't know if this is a bug or not, but pitting when using electric cars charges the battery in seconds, should that be allowed?

Also a minor bug, it shows "added XY litres of fuel".
Crash after delete all
Quote from Nadeo4441 :I don't know if this is a bug or not, but pitting when using electric cars charges the battery in seconds, should that be allowed?

Also a minor bug, it shows "added XY litres of fuel".

I agree the electric cars charging should be a lot slower. Maybe not as slow as reality though.

I'll get that litres message sorted out. By the way, if it says "litres" on an EV that actually means kWh.

Quote from denis-takumi :crash replay

Thank you for this crash reproduction method! Smile
Noticed a potential bug today using W45 (sorry if already mentioned)

1. Joined an online server with a limit on which mod could be used.
2. Left the server and entered single player mode.
3. Opened the mod menu.
4. In the browse section the only visible mod was the mod that was allowed in the online server previously. The remaining mods could still be selected via the installed list, but they weren't visible in the browse menu. Tried different filter settings with no luck.
Thanks. That has been fixed in W46. By the way, you could get a new list by clicking "Browse" again or F5 (if you have /refresh on F5).

But although refresh was a workaround, it was definitely a bug and has now been fixed. Smile
Looks like some of the mod images should take vertical size into consideration when shown on the Garage and/or Vehicle Mods screen, as they're being sized to fit horizontal width, but are too high to fit on screen, with bits cropped off.

Attached images
Mods.png
Cropped.png
Numplate online bug.

For some reason, online on the Number Plate there is a timer, and not what the player has chosen

This actually looks insane Big grin

Maybe not even a bug xD
Quote from Vladimir_nose :Numplate online bug.

For some reason, online on the Number Plate there is a timer, and not what the player has chosen

Thats a mod creator fault, pretty sure the s_plate is on subobject and not on the main one .
Quote from superlame :Thats a mod creator fault, pretty sure the s_plate is on subobject and not on the main one .

I didn't know it caused this bug, I'll fix it on my cars soon
It's the numberplate of the first person who joins with that mod, I think, rather than a timer. The other day everyone joining with mods had my numberplate on their car, after I had joined first. (IIRC correctly this was a bug that happened before mods and was fixed)
This thread is closed

Cleanup - bugs fixed / problems solved
(405 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG