The online racing simulator
FX V8 Supercar
(25 posts, started )
FX V8 Supercar
This is my result of fiddling around getting used to the new editor . I've got no prior experience working with any sort of 3d modeler apart from rendering images from objects so there is a lot of new things to learn, but this seems like a good way of starting out Big grin

It's not in a releaseable state, as there is still many of things to do, but it is different from the original FXO i started out with. It has a V8 engine as the title suggests, rear-wheel drive, 18" slick tyres and suspension all modified according to the 2014 Nissan Altima V8 specifications (https://www.thesupercarscollec ... behind-the-nissan-altima/). I could only match the engine's peak power and torque because i didnt find any dyno sheets for this engine so it might not be that accurate. Wheelbase is also inaccurate as i've went with FXO one for now.

The exterior is done more in a early 2000s fashion, FXO is somewhat close to this time period so i think it's the most fitting one to go with. I've borrowed bits from here and there such as:

-cage, hood pins and mirrors from FXR(also a windshield visor soon)
-diffuser, seats, shifter and a fire extinguisher from XRR
-spoiler from FO8
-steering wheel from FOX

Bodykit itself is just mostly just dragged around from existing FXO points(and it looks horrible in many places where i've edited it, can't deny this) but i will try to refine it further once i get familiar with this software.

It's fun to drive, feels sort of close to what i would expect from a slightly fat touring car, but there is still some issues with the suspension, the force feedback is very light when stepping on throttle. Might have an idea what causes it though, and once i address that, mapping and other stuff out i'll propably upload it. Might take a while though Big grin
Attached images
v8fx5.jpg
v8fx4.jpg
v8fx3.jpg
v8fx2.jpg
v8fx1.jpg
how to take the wing from fo8?
Quote from nikopdr : I could only match the engine's peak power and torque because i didnt find any dyno sheets for this engine so it might not be that accurate

Found this and thought it would be of use. https://youtu.be/lsCtFq6D1Uo
Quote from scania :how to take the wing from fo8?

Create new subobject, switch back to the main object and select the triangles you want to make as a subobject and click on "break off" at the left of the screen.

Select that subobject and save it, then load the car you want to paste it on, create new subobject there and load the saved one to replace created subobject. Smile

Hopefully these things i've borrowed from other cars will be placeholders and i can create my own models to replace those some day Big grin

Quote from Formula24 :Found this and thought it would be of use. https://youtu.be/lsCtFq6D1Uo

Thanks! Might be able to use that vid as reference, i think they're testing Ford engines on that vid but it's power output shouldn't be too far apart Big grin
That looks cool!!
Wow love this idea old touring car style! Couple things to mention, what is the weight balance? That might be affecting the steering FFB. Make sure the engine is longitudinal and it’s pushed back in the engine bay like a front mid engine layout (engine between front axle). Please please please allow street tires for this car. This would be fun with road supers restricted to like 300-350 HP for a slower class fun race or even to slide it around some 😉
too wide for supercars
Quote from martin18 :Wow love this idea old touring car style! Couple things to mention, what is the weight balance? That might be affecting the steering FFB. Make sure the engine is longitudinal and it’s pushed back in the engine bay like a front mid engine layout (engine between front axle). Please please please allow street tires for this car. This would be fun with road supers restricted to like 300-350 HP for a slower class fun race or even to slide it around some 😉

It's more to do with the suspension setup itself, this problem appeared after i swapped it for double wishbone setup all around, my guess is that the pivot points and thrust bearings are a bit misaligned alongside with suspension compensated for this misalignment Big grin

The real life counterparts have 2 sets of slicks and 1 set of rain tyres, so most likely i'll allow R3, R4 and Road Supers for use Big grin As for the bhp there's always voluntary intake restriction Big grin In it's current state it is very tame and doesn't twitch around too much whilst sliding, so restriction might not even be needed

Quote from k_badam :too wide for supercars

Maybe but maybe it is more about wheelbase being too short than track width
Some minor updates on this thing(i haven't forgotten about this yet! Big grin):

I found the reason why FFB was very light and that is fixed now. Remade the suspension from ground up once more and whilst the values used might not be realistic, i got it to feel a lot better in the process. It's not perfect, but i think the rest of the problems it has can be addressed with a proper setup. Track width was slightly reduced also as a result, hopefully bringing the car closer to the actual Supercar series counterpart.

I also made a new front grill with a slight twist, and started working on sounds and making the interior look more race-oriented. Texture edits are very much work in progress. Big grin

Attached images
v8fx8.jpg
v8fx7.jpg
v8fx6.jpg
Looks amazing, shame it sounds weird Tongue
I might rename this thread to a workshop rather than an individual car, i've happened to sidetrack a bit too much from this V8 FX Big grin

I'll get the first version of it up by the weekend, but i'll have to fix few minor issues with it still that i haven't gotten around to.

And as for the other reason why i haven't continued on this yet, is this:

I'm assuming most motorsports fans will propably recognise this car instantly, altough with minor differences. I'm not going to make it an exact replica either. Engine and suspension specs of course will be as close to the inspiration as possible.

The original 3d body shape is not mine, but it has a CC BY-NC-SA license. With this information i could afford to put some dedication into it in the form of a WIP interior, wheels and few other bits. Big grin
Attached images
valve5.jpg
valve4.jpg
valve3.jpg
valve2.jpg
valve1.jpg
imo the best mod out there to the date, I´m a mouse user and I really enjoy the challenge to get a good traction like with the "FO8". I hope for a future racing league with this car. I´m super excited!
can you add israel numberplate???!!???
Quote from bmwe30m3 :can you add israel numberplate???!!???

How about Estonian number plate and mandatory speed limiter :ь
niko best modder
This is a great mod.
Alternate reality Australian Supercar.
Thanks so much!
Brilliant mod, sounds good and a blast to drive
...and it's approved now, good job Thumbs up
I'm getting "Lap Of The Gods" vibes from this. Nice! (Greg Murphy pole lap @Bathurst 2001 I think). Will make for a nice skin I reckon. Smile
Anyone interested, at CESAV we'll be helding a sprint race in Fern Bay Green Reverse (FE2R) next monday, Oct 31.

Registrations are open!

44 laps, 2 pit stops.
Check other rules on the registration page.
is the fxo v8supercar deleted? I can't find it in the mod list anymore
Quote from macafmac :is the fxo v8supercar deleted? I can't find it in the mod list anymore

It's temporarily taken out of public status but i'll return it there in approximately a week or so.

Haven't mentioned any of the reasons but i do hope the pictures will show what's been going on better than words can. Big grin

Some things worthy of noting in the new upcoming version:

- the scale is now about the same compared to the mid-2010s V8SC

- visual aspect is based on these now as well since the engine is also based on a 2014 season car

- i did a dumb error on the engine before and it had the real life car's RPM limit as the peak RPM, fixed now

- frame, suspension and aerodynamics are rebuilt and refined, the car now doesnt get on 3 wheels under braking as often as it used to before, it can corner slightly better but it is still easy to oversteer out of turn exits (imo, like it should be)

- default setup is starting to get fast and worthy to use in races
Attached images
lfs_00000064.jpg
lfs_00000065.jpg
lfs_00000066.jpg
lfs_00000067.jpg
any possibility of keeping the previous design style as an alternate config?
i liked it more Petals
First public version with the overhaul is updated, there's still a lot of things to re-do such as LOD2, skin mappings, skins, interior and sounds so i don't recommend doing skins for the car just yet. There is now a base endurance setup that is really easy on tyres which will be improved along the way(and improved faster depending on feedback/help).

I'll pop in an update every now and then to finish up things mentioned above and what i would really like to hear feedback about is the overall driveability of the car, or more specifically these 3 things:

- car physics and aerodynamics, can the car be considered a realistic depiction of what it's inspired by

- car accessibility and driveability, is it easy to hop in for a few laps and can you/do you want to drive it for longer than just a few laps

- default base_endu setup, is it good to drive, does it have pace, etc.

Any help is appreciated and i hope you enjoy the new version of FXV8 Big grin

Quote from johneysvk :any possibility of keeping the previous design style as an alternate config?
i liked it more Petals

the scale difference is rather huge for it to be an easy cut&paste job but i'll keep that in mind for the future

FX V8 Supercar
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG