The online racing simulator
Looks like they got new moderators
(105 posts, started )
maye ill start talkih like tid tpo?
Quote from faster111 :LOOK you know WHY i MISS letters OUT I TYPE TO FAST.100% not

Oh dear your CAPS LOCK key appears to be intermittently turning on and off. Well done for getting to the full stop, although next time put a space before the next sentence.

Quote :lieing there

Well you added an extra one there and we forgot the full stop, again :doh:

Why do you have to write so fast anyway, it may shock you to learn I read through all my posts and spell check a lot of them. This may be a waste of time (better spent making myself feel big as an admin in my empty forum), however, I don't tend to post such a stream of senseless drivel.
Quote from ajp71 :Oh dear your CAPS LOCK key appears to be intermittently turning on and off. Well done for getting to the full stop, although next time put a space before the next sentence.

Well you added an extra one there and we forgot the full stop, again :doh:

Why do you have to write so fast anyway, it may shock you to learn I read through all my posts and spell check a lot of them. This may be a waste of time (better spent making myself feel big as an admin in my empty forum), however, I don't tend to post such a stream of senseless drivel.

mayeb he is jsut fobred and cant thinkl clearly? or eje jstu doents care how joas psots look or do people udnerdsnt eo rnir

Anyway, I'm done with this
Quote from faster111 :i try to slow down typeing but i canr't

FFS after you type read through what you have written. If you can't see two glaring spelling mistakes in that quote then you deserve to be shot. I won't comment on the punctuation because there doesn't appear to be any :doh:
#55 - Jakg
What amazes me more is that he is using Firefox 2 with the spell checker, and yet me who has just had some cider and typing with the keyboard in an uncomfortable position really fast is making virtually none.

PS - the first person to correct me will go on my "People i want to kill" list!
Quote from Jakg :PS - the first person to correct me will go on my "People i want to kill" list!

You forgot the full stop on your first sentence.
Back on topic:- I want to be an mod for helping Faster111 learn to spell
Quote from STROBE :You forgot the full stop on your first sentence.

... and a capital W
#59 - Jakg
I don't see any mistakes...
Quote from Jakg :I don't see any mistakes...

No, but you forgot the apostrophe in the reason for editing your post as being "I didn't edit my post <_>"
#61 - Jakg
Quote from STROBE :No, but you forgot the apostrophe in the reason for editing your post as being "I didn't edit my post <_>"

That's not fair!
You guys complain about all the spam and negative posts on the forums, and yet here you are again, making fun of faster111 because of spelling mistakes. I see loads of others doing the same, yet you seem to keep choosing him to bully.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
Quote from tinyk :You guys complain about all the spam and negative posts on the forums, and yet here you are again, making fun of faster111 because of spelling mistakes. I see loads of others doing the same, yet you seem to keep choosing him to bully.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~

There's a difference between random attacking of someone and justified annoyance. He puts no effort into making sure what he's posting is even readable and he also makes no effort into improving.

People have a right to be annoyed and also a right to say what they want. If this keeps up some more then perhaps he'll change his ways and actually make an effort.

Edit : Also yes there are others, but honestly can you name one person that can match him for EPM (Errors per minute)?
Quote from tinyk :You guys complain about all the spam and negative posts on the forums, and yet here you are again, making fun of faster111 because of spelling mistakes.

Except that there's a difference between making some spelling mistakes, and complete illiteracy and a general indifference towards making the effort to make himself understood.
Quote from tinyk :You guys complain about all the spam and negative posts on the forums, and yet here you are again, making fun of faster111 because of spelling mistakes. I see loads of others doing the same, yet you seem to keep choosing him to bully.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~

Well, you could start making obvious spelling mistakes and get them to bully you... Or... Become a moderator and give them official warnings...

EDIT:
Yes, I was attempting to get this thread turned into something a little more in the proximity of being on-topic. I failed again.
Quote from Ryanry64 :There's a difference between random attacking of someone and justified annoyance. He puts no effort into making sure what he's posting is even readable and he also makes no effort into improving.

People have a right to be annoyed and also a right to say what they want. If this keeps up some more then perhaps he'll change his ways and actually make an effort.

Edit : Also yes there are others, but honestly can you name one person that can match him for EPM (Errors per minute)?

If you're really so concerned about how he posts and the effort he puts into them, I'm sure you can find a more constructive way of going about helping him not do it. I highly doubt publicly insulting him will change a thing.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
Quote from tinyk :If you're really so concerned about how he posts and the effort he puts into them, I'm sure you can find a more constructive way of going about helping him not do it. I highly doubt publicly insulting him will change a thing.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~

Sometimes people just have to post what they want to say... Once this thread disappears it won't arise again for another few months. But while it's here people just want to get it off of their chests.

We should rename this The Vent Thread and be done with it.
Quote from STROBE :Except that there's a difference between making some spelling mistakes, and complete illiteracy and a general indifference towards making the effort to make himself understood.

So? Just ignore it. Is it really so hard to do?

Quote from TagForce :Well, you could start making obvious spelling mistakes and get them to bully you... Or... Become a moderator and give them official warnings...

Trust me, you don't want me as a mod.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
Quote from tinyk :So? Just ignore it. Is it really so hard to do?

Trust me, you don't want me as a mod.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~

It actually is hard to do, it's like when you spot something in a logo. The arrow in the FedEx logo for instance. You can't unsee it once you've seen it so you have to shout and moan about it in futile hopes that it disappears.

I'll turn my attention to TV. Nice safe happy TV..
Quote from tinyk :a more constructive way of going about helping him

Personally I think the graphics card saga is the perfect example of why anyone who tries to help him as they would help a normal member is wasting their time. No reasonable person would exhaust so much time and effort from other members, only to respond to the help in the way that he did.
Quote from tinyk :Trust me, you don't want me as a mod.

Actually, that statement makes you the most qualified person in this thread.
Quote from STROBE :Personally I think the graphics card saga is the perfect example of why anyone who tries to help him as they would help a normal member is wasting their time. No reasonable person would exhaust so much time and effort from other members, only to respond to the help in the way that he did.

Aww it's really very simple, if it bothers you that much, just put him on ignore and you'll never have to see his posts again. Problem solved, life will be all happy again. If sometime down the line you get curious to see how he's improved... you can always peek in and see.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
Quote from tinyk :Trust me, you don't want me as a mod.

believe it guys; its way more work than you think.. and i only have to moderate one section (although im hoping victor is going to bump me up to all addon sections) so.. im not really a moderator, just the janitor i guess you could call me
i dont mind it; im sick of having a hard time trying to find stuff; its much easier now in the skins section dont you guys agree?
Quote from tinyk :Aww it's really very simple, if it bothers you that much, just put him on ignore and you'll never have to see his posts again. Problem solved, life will be all happy again.

a) he is on my ignore list, but there's this annoying "view post" button next to every one of his posts that I often just have to click to see what it is that's infuriating so many people so much of the time.

b) I'm not exactly losing any sleep over him. Trust me, I have much more important things in my life to worry about than what some seven year old from Humberside is up to. But as much as I give everyone the benefit of the doubt at first, my tolerance does not extend to condoning faster's catalogue of leeching licences, illiteracy, laziness, and abusing people's help and goodwill. Normally I wouldn't say anything as I tend to read much more than I post, but starting a thread in which he suggests he might become a moderator here because he's set up his own, empty forum at which he has authority is either (i) taking the piss, or (ii) the straw that broke the camel's back, or (iii) all of the above.

@ XCNuse: yep, skins section is much better organised now. I just wish I could get round to finishing the half dozen half-finished skins I've got somewhere archived onto DVD.
Quote from faster111 :huh not where i live anyway what i mean is if we act like them is it a batter chance of been a modrater?

I live the same place you do, and they are rather awesome cops at our station. Agreed there are a couple of douche bags, but the rest are top chaps.

But faster, trust me on this one. You will NEVER become a mod on this forum.

Quote from faster111 :look my spelling be better when i get to collage becuase that what happen to my last summer when i posted on a siffrent forum then when i started school i got my spelling back anyway this topic was to hi to new modraters well u can close the topic now its full of spam

Unless you resat English 101, that'd never happen. They do not teach you English unless you apply for an English course. You'd never get into A-Level English, so looks like you're resitting GCSE.

The best way to learn to spell is on a forum, and with the nice guys we have here helping you learn, you're life is rather easy. I had to learn by trial and error, if I made a mistake I never noticed until I saw someone post the correct spelling another time. I only learnt how to spell assume last year when a guy told me "when you assume you make an ass out of you and me.

But if you're not willing to correct your piss poor spelling nothing will help you. You type too fast that you miss keys, which means you cannot type fast, slow down until your error rate drops, and if you're really getting stumped by the idea, goto High Ridge and ask for one of their old systems (they still have them littering the halls), they had a program on them called "Typing 101", where you are taught to touch type as you have to type againts the clock and not make any errors, or as few as possable (I think you were allowed to make one error or you had to go back a level or two).

Quote from ajp71 :Because - Big Elephants Can't Always Use Small Exits.

Hehe, I was always told Big Elephants Can Always Use Some Extra. Because I was a fatty and loved food. Was, I still am thinking about it.

Looks like they got new moderators
(105 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG